EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: February Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

updated rosters will not load into off line franchise

anybody having issues with updated rosters loading into offline franchise mode? I want to start my franchise, but it will not load the most updated rosters. I tried saving them and than uploading and it reverts back to the default rosters. Any work around?

Replies

• Do you pick the active roster option?
  • I did..any ideas?
  • Not sure. Does the updated roster include practice squad members? Maybe that’s why you think it’s not the updated one... bc of the extra players?
  • Maybe try loading the roster update from file management before selecting franchise mode.
  • If it’s none of these, then I have no idea.
  • I tried that..it is crazy...anybody else have the issue?
  • Bumping this. I have the exact same problem. Tried loading roster before starting Franchise, no go. The option for using a custom roster only comes up if you select Cloud Saved Franchise, not on the Offline Franchise. All you get is preseason 75 man roster or current active roster. This game is irritating.
    HTTR
  • skinsrich wrote: »
    Bumping this. I have the exact same problem. Tried loading roster before starting Franchise, no go. The option for using a custom roster only comes up if you select Cloud Saved Franchise, not on the Offline Franchise. All you get is preseason 75 man roster or current active roster. This game is irritating.

The "current active roster" is the most recently updated roster... Maybe I'm missing your point, but that's how you use the updated rosters in offline franchise.
  • Finally got it to work. Apparently I saved the default rosters before updating them. So I had 2 rosters saved. Even though I loaded the most recent updated rosters before starting my Franchise, the game continued to load the original default rosters as the active roster.

I eventually deleted everything from my PS4 and reinstalled. When prompted to save default rosters before updating them, I selected NO. Then the only roster I had was the updated one. Started Franchise without loading any roster and it worked.

Still don't understand why game wouldn't recognize most recently loaded roster as the active roster. SMH..
    HTTR