EA Forums - Banner

This has to stop, players abilities are unrealistic

doody5047
83 posts Member
edited December 2018
There’s no way in hell a 5’8” cb can catch a int over a 6’4” WR on a fly route, idc what ea say this is not realistic and also tyreka hill should not be able to run pass a safety with 93 spd that’s 15 yds downfield on a simple fly route

{EA_Lanna: Edited thread title to offer more context to what the thread is about. "This has to stop" on it's own was a bit clickbaity and uninformative}
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Replies

  • I'm sure it's possible if the character has great hurdling or jumping abilities.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • doody5047 wrote: »
    There’s no way in hell a 5’8” cb can catch a int over a 6’4” WR on a fly route, idc what ea say this is not realistic and also tyreka hill should not be able to run pass a safety with 93 spd that’s 15 yds downfield on a simple fly route

    Google Darrell Green.
  • The game is like Looney Tunes. Just like Saturday morning cartoons.

    Short DB making a pick over top of a Julio Jones/Calvin Johnson type receiver, is possible, just not common.

    What's even more far-fetched, is a 250lb LB, having the speed, acceleration, and agility to play the run and cover 2-3 receivers at the same time. Or the 5'9" 175lb CB that blasts a 225lb RB off of his feet and backward when the RB had a full head of steam before contact.

    It doesn't have to be Tyreek to leave a Safety or corner in the dust. Any and every receiver running a crossing route will get at least 5 yards of separation from ANY defender trying to cover them. Unless of course it's that magical usered LB that can plug B gap yet recover back to depth and run step for step with Tyreek.

    I'll tell you what's impossible. An NFL team running the same 3-4 plays on either side of the ball, and all 10 of the non-user players not getting wise to what's going on. Fans wouldn't buy tickets to watch such mundane ignorance, yet that's what they roll out year after year in Madden.

    These few things are just the tip of the iceberg. Madden has "jumped the shark" imo. But as long as the superfans get their jollies from such simple garbage, their not going to do anything other than stick with the formula of bilking money from people for player cards that have temporary worth.
  • I think tyrek burns every defense because he is a 99 speed. The only way I could cover him .double him one with zone and one manually man. Otherwise if you don’t sack the qb in 4 sec his streak is 6 points. They weird thing is that they had 5 years to make a decent engine with game mechanics on the new consoles but we only get beta version that is tested patched and changed every year. I hope they hired a bigger team this year to deliver an even gameplay mechanics for all madden levels so you tubers aren”t posting all new blitz or unstoppable pass route. There is the proof for making a quality game. Yes you can stop some stuff with 2 to 5 presnap audible changes but realistically you shouldn’t have so many routes that you have to do to this in order to stop.
  • The Game doesn't have real physics even with football being a physical sports ex lineman no push running backs fall over their own players
    no situations tackling animation guys push players in the end zone instead of pulling or holing upright ball doesn't have any passing trajectory the game even with 75 C average DB playing 85 B good receivers the ball doesn't fit if the wr doesn't have separation which Madden hardly creates seems to me the defender with low play recognition knows what's coming and the WR doesn't even attempted to jump the game is easily exploitedable players lurk over the middle smag any ball any defender can cover any WR running the juke spin truck stiff arm is a joke every player has that one tornado spin that you never see in real life the tackle doesn't even sound real.. please focus on the gameplay maybe when you guys send player rating adjuster to the games you should try a game play adjuster too see if that's the same
    numbers you digg up for a full season.
  • The game is like Looney Tunes. Just like Saturday morning cartoons.

    Short DB making a pick over top of a Julio Jones/Calvin Johnson type receiver, is possible, just not common.

    What's even more far-fetched, is a 250lb LB, having the speed, acceleration, and agility to play the run and cover 2-3 receivers at the same time. Or the 5'9" 175lb CB that blasts a 225lb RB off of his feet and backward when the RB had a full head of steam before contact.

    It doesn't have to be Tyreek to leave a Safety or corner in the dust. Any and every receiver running a crossing route will get at least 5 yards of separation from ANY defender trying to cover them. Unless of course it's that magical usered LB that can plug B gap yet recover back to depth and run step for step with Tyreek.

    I'll tell you what's impossible. An NFL team running the same 3-4 plays on either side of the ball, and all 10 of the non-user players not getting wise to what's going on. Fans wouldn't buy tickets to watch such mundane ignorance, yet that's what they roll out year after year in Madden.

    These few things are just the tip of the iceberg. Madden has "jumped the shark" imo. But as long as the superfans get their jollies from such simple garbage, their not going to do anything other than stick with the formula of bilking money from people for player cards that have temporary worth.

    :D so true
  • AxlBrickman
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The game is like Looney Tunes. Just like Saturday morning cartoons.

    Short DB making a pick over top of a Julio Jones/Calvin Johnson type receiver, is possible, just not common.

    What's even more far-fetched, is a 250lb LB, having the speed, acceleration, and agility to play the run and cover 2-3 receivers at the same time. Or the 5'9" 175lb CB that blasts a 225lb RB off of his feet and backward when the RB had a full head of steam before contact.

    It doesn't have to be Tyreek to leave a Safety or corner in the dust. Any and every receiver running a crossing route will get at least 5 yards of separation from ANY defender trying to cover them. Unless of course it's that magical usered LB that can plug B gap yet recover back to depth and run step for step with Tyreek.

    I'll tell you what's impossible. An NFL team running the same 3-4 plays on either side of the ball, and all 10 of the non-user players not getting wise to what's going on. Fans wouldn't buy tickets to watch such mundane ignorance, yet that's what they roll out year after year in Madden.

    These few things are just the tip of the iceberg. Madden has "jumped the shark" imo. But as long as the superfans get their jollies from such simple garbage, their not going to do anything other than stick with the formula of bilking money from people for player cards that have temporary worth.

    This game is not only Looney Tunes, it also defies gravity. I saw someone playing and they said that the football flew right through the defenders hand. In real football, that would be an incomplete pass.
    Post edited by AxlBrickman on
  • ^ exactly. Animations take over & boom buttons become unresponsive & physics is paused.

    But it is better than older Madden’s & with frostbite they have made a lot of progress...
  • AxlBrickman
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    DyeusVita wrote: »
    ^ exactly. Animations take over & boom buttons become unresponsive & physics is paused.

    But it is better than older Madden’s & with frostbite they have made a lot of progress...

    I'm pretty new to Madden but I watch football, and a play like that would be impossible. It didn't exactly fly through his hand, but actually into his arm as if the football player had no bones. At all. And basically that same ball goes into the runner's hand. I can't see how that would be possible in real football, especially the fact that real quarterbacks never throw like that.
  • JacobSF80
    84 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes I have a thread that I started showing this stupid play . It’s funny seeing these threads come up months later on things I’ve been speaking about since the beginning. Aggressive catching has been worse since they “fixed” it and 10ft+ ints in full pads is killing gameplay in this . That’s why nobody throws from the pocket. All the risk is not scrambling and not throwing the same crossers everyone does. Been explaining for months the issue is the animation domination... that’s 5’10 Alexander outjumping 6’4 moss on a fly route. Some how he turned around and while his momentum carried him downfield he still jumped 10 feet in the air after turning his hips, so he could catch it one handed!Remember when it was concidered easier to score in the video games than in real life... it’s the exact opposite with the ints in this game. Yet they make running simple as heck and I bet the guy from ea that reads this to make sure it’s not full of cursing will just think all we do is complain. uf2z3vjbxs3q.jpeg

    Edited to avoid confusion over filtered out word. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • 0ldPizza
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    JacobSF80 wrote: »
    Yes I have a thread that I started showing this stupid play . It’s funny seeing these threads come up months later on things I’ve been speaking about since the beginning. Aggressive catching has been worse since they “fixed” it and 10ft+ ints in full pads is killing gameplay in this . That’s why nobody throws from the pocket. All the risk is not scrambling and not throwing the same crossers everyone does. Been explaining for months the issue is the animation domination... that’s 5’10 Alexander outjumping 6’4 moss on a fly route. Some how he turned around and while his momentum carried him downfield he still jumped 10 feet in the air after turning his hips, so he could catch it one handed!Remember when it was concidered easier to score in the video games than in real life... it’s the exact opposite with the ints in this game. Yet they make running simple as heck and I bet the guy from ea that reads this to make sure it’s not full of cursing will just think all we do is complain. uf2z3vjbxs3q.jpeg

    Edited to avoid confusion over filtered out word. - EA_Cian

    EA should be ashamed of putting out this product Madden sit right next to NBA live in the sports games world wish they didn't get the rights to the NFL and let 2K deliver a great overall game 13 years later this game sucks

    Game is easily exploitable

    Everybody runs the same place

    clear examples of horrible gameplay all over these forums people complaining about the same issues

    Once again No Real Player Physics
    Real Player Motion is a joke only applies for running backs it seems

    This past Sunday I watched big Ben throw balls with defenders drapped on him I saw strip sacks all season and there's no animation in the game for a strip sacks seen balls fly right over linebacker heads into receiver hands not that once in a lifetime Thomas Davis interception that happened 2 years ago
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • PiGFiSH26 wrote: »
    doody5047 wrote: »
    There’s no way in hell a 5’8” cb can catch a int over a 6’4” WR on a fly route, idc what ea say this is not realistic and also tyreka hill should not be able to run pass a safety with 93 spd that’s 15 yds downfield on a simple fly route

    Google Darrell Green.

    Darrell green 54 int over 19 seasons played that's about a average of 2.5 a season lol how about you Google "Green vs Jerry rice" his speed at the time was on a different Lv but look a tyreek Hill highlights he has about 5-10 yrds on players on deep routes
  • 0ldPizza wrote: »
    JacobSF80 wrote: »
    Yes I have a thread that I started showing this stupid play . It’s funny seeing these threads come up months later on things I’ve been speaking about since the beginning. Aggressive catching has been worse since they “fixed” it and 10ft+ ints in full pads is killing gameplay in this . That’s why nobody throws from the pocket. All the risk is not scrambling and not throwing the same crossers everyone does. Been explaining for months the issue is the animation domination... that’s 5’10 Alexander outjumping 6’4 moss on a fly route. Some how he turned around and while his momentum carried him downfield he still jumped 10 feet in the air after turning his hips, so he could catch it one handed!Remember when it was concidered easier to score in the video games than in real life... it’s the exact opposite with the ints in this game. Yet they make running simple **** and I bet the guy from ea that reads this to make sure it’s not full of cursing will just think all we do is complain. uf2z3vjbxs3q.jpeg

    EA should be ashamed of putting out this product Madden sit right next to NBA live in the sports games world wish they didn't get the rights to the NFL and let 2K deliver a great overall game 13 years later this game sucks

    Game is easily exploitable

    Everybody runs the same place

    clear examples of horrible gameplay all over these forums people complaining about the same issues

    Once again No Real Player Physics
    Real Player Motion is a joke only applies for running backs it seems

    This past Sunday I watched big Ben throw balls with defenders drapped on him I saw strip sacks all season and there's no animation in the game for a strip sacks seen balls fly right over linebacker heads into receiver hands not that once in a lifetime Thomas Davis interception that happened 2 years ago

    If EA let 2K still make basketball games why not football games? Because like all corporations, they want more money than they need. In the market you need competition to so people have options on what game to buy. If EA let other companies still make football games, I'm sure 2K's version would be popular right now.
  • Why would EA do that? They know there’s no competition that’s why we get this horrible game!!
  • 2k is just as horrible with their VC grabs now. They lost my money after NBA 18 and "DJ" and making it impossible to hit a layup or jumpshot. They were great as a little company when they put out NFL2k for 25 dollars back in the day, but they are starting to make EA look like mother Teresa.
  • I'm basically saying that this will NEVER happen, not that EA should do it.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.