EA Forums - Banner

Rate madden one star

I think we should all rate the game one star so EA knows that we’re tired of the same scripted gameplay, bugs, and gimmicks. If I’m ballhawking and press triangle then player should jump not override me with “defensive assistance”. Also tired of the same gimmicky offense where the players run right with their q.b and wait for a man to burn someone in man defense or sit and wait next to the sideline and use playmaker as if a q b can Jedi mind trick his wr into getting open. Meanwhile the defense stays in their zone underneath covering nothing and not reacting at all to the powers they have just seen displayed.

They are all able to run to the sideline bc the qb can get depth atrociously fast compared to the de who takes forever to realize mike Vick is running to the right AGAIN... and containment is worthless. Im sick and tired of having to q.b. spy even tom Brady because the d takes until he has already passed the line of scrimmage to slowly react to what they are seeing, seems like lane containment for the d-line is not even a part of the game. Also tired of the scripted animations overriding tackle attempts.

This game is so bad on the back end of the defense as well. A cover four corner will stop sinking and cover an underneath route from a TE or a RB while the wrs run completely by him. This happens in certain formations but cover 4 is not even reliable against deep routes (even though that’s the purpose of the scheme) so I stopped using it.

I am also tired of the slowing down of the runner on offense after an animation, the only reason that happens is bc they have to make up for the other players slowing down during an animation. Also spins are so overrated on this game, anyone that can press O can initiate an animation where the defensive player gets knocked in the head and runs past him and slips.

Don’t even get me started on the unreliable kicking mechanics where lag determines if you made your kick or not.

I can go on for days about the mechanics and animation issues of this game but I am afraid it’s too late for M19 so I hope that by 1 star ratings coming in it’ll be the kick in the **** EA needs to know we are not happy with this subpar product

Replies

• Sad to say, Madden has been the same since at least 2008 when Vince Young graced the cover. Everything you suggest here is accurate and an honest appraisal of a terribly flawed game. EA devs have outdone themselves with this rendition. Try playing a "practice session" vs the Eagles, locked animations galore and absolutely NO, none zip, nada oline blocking. NONE! Game play is a serious mess. :-(

• Sad to say, Madden has been the same since at least 2008 when Vince Young graced the cover. Everything you suggest here is accurate and an honest appraisal of a terribly flawed game. EA devs have outdone themselves with this rendition. Try playing a "practice session" vs the Eagles, locked animations galore and absolutely NO, none zip, nada oline blocking. NONE! Game play is a serious mess. :-(
    Haha well that’s kinda my damn point we have seen no changes to how the tackling mechanics work and how Fast qbs can do the exact same thing every play and there is not a single thing you can do bc Vick and mayfields outrun every de/lb to the sideline no matter if you have them spying and btw will the spy actually chase down the Q.B. After he leaves and sits out of he pocket. NOPE bc that’s real football and gimmicks are what madden player look for
  • For years madden has had 4 stars on psn so there was no reason to change much...
  • I already did. Wish it could go into negative numbers. A one rating is far too high
  • I’m going back to Madden 18. EA, enjoy my $70 because it is the last you will ever get from me. Good luck guys and gals, but there is too much to fix to make this game playable. It needs a complete tear-down.
  • The game is complete garbage.
    I haven't touched it since I got my hands on NBA 2K19 - a game that actually works right out of the box without a need to edit anything at all.
  • I have been playing for 4 months or so now and I have not had many issues with the gameplay or mechanics, the challenges yes, but not gameplay. Try changing your tactics and readjust your team to suit what style you play. And it’s cover 3 man deep to prevent deep passes
  • You cant’ tell me that you were okay with run turbo when the game came out and they patched it 2 months later and made the game tolerable for few games. But why play if can’t compare stats with your friends! It would be like having instagram but you can only see the pics of that day and you can’t see the pics of any of your friends In their profile. It would cost to much money to fix when you can add something new that is coin based or no one uses. They would have to tear down the back end of the user stats with there server and re align. I’m assuming they are really dreading this and don’t want allocate budget because it’s the second year been disabled. I love madden I just want them to focus on impersive and simulation gameplay. The dice engine was suppose to be the say all but seems like momentum only goes one direction in the game. The engine physics and the player animation seem to conflict with each other making you scratch your head. Need to see weather ,players breath in the cold, and wind in ranked matches. The only thing that has gotten better is the crowd not looking like copy and paste and kickoff soundtrack. They need to add Al Micheals and Chris Collinsworth or Troy Aikmen. If 2k can get Chuck Shaq Kenny and Ernie surely they can get someone from Fox,CBS,MNF or ESPN. I know they do updated content every week but I’d rather have same game script from broadcasters on TV every Sunday.
  • I’ve read your posts and agree there is much work to be done but I would be lying if I wouldn’t admit that the game has made progress since I posted this 3 months ago. I’ve now noticed how much some of those complaints are still in the game but some are invalid now as well. I hope EA is just doing right by us with more updates to gameplay like an answer to spec. catch ints always being a sure thing. Also running is a little to easy, but there was an update today. I’m hoping reduces the easy 5 yard fall forward for every rb . Also let’s see some more fumbles from these spin-heads that spam the spin button like it’s the answer to everything or at least a minor spin nerf for the non SS users.
    Don’t even get me started on zone logics that just let a deep crossing wr eat their lunch on the same play over and over bc play Rec is not a real thing just play prediction....
  • JacobSF80
    84 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Bump for the new people. 20 days into Jan and still no word on any of the gameplay issues will be fixed from fumble and int problems, agro catches happening too many times per game from lbs, cbs and mostly TEs on offense. Linemen can’t pick up the blitzes for their lives even if you adjust and they’ve seen the same Blitz over and over. Play recognition, and pursuit are comeplete garbage stats in the secondary. Lott is the primary example of this. Like I said 5 + months ago. I feel it’s too late for madden 19 give it the 1 star it deserves
  • JacobSF80 wrote: »
    Bump for the new people. 20 days into Jan and still no word on any of the gameplay issues will be fixed from fumble and int problems, agro catches happening too many times per game from lbs, cbs and mostly TEs on offense. Linemen can’t pick up the blitzes for their lives even if you adjust and they’ve seen the same Blitz over and over. Play recognition, and pursuit are comeplete garbage stats in the secondary. Lott is the primary example of this. Like I said 5 + months ago. I feel it’s too late for madden 19 give it the 1 star it deserves

Yeah this game is horrible it looks great and all but everything including the gameplay just isn't there.. they only care about MUT which they release the same cards every year and useless features like "traget passing" "long shot" in football terms Madden has too many holes but EA just listen to the NFL so we can't blame them for a subpar product that monopolized the football gaming world as loyal customers wish they would hear out the fan complaining about the same problems in these forums
  • Hey I give the Madden team respect and honor in their attempt to design target passing. I hope they bring that feature back with some kind of new design. ^
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Bump... for the inability to hear out the community on turnover and high point pass issues that the majority of the community does not like and still hasnt been addressed 7 months in
  • EA_Cian
    253 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Locked.

We don't need to keep bumping this. :smile: If you're not happy with the game that's not fine but we don't need to bump a thread multiple times.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!