EA Forums - Banner

Ranked H2H quick ramble

-No challenges in H2H? Numerous times so far where my opponent was out of bounds on a reception' and I was unable to challenge. Or a td reception that I believe was a td and the game announcers say it was a td as well,l and I'm unable to challenge it. Takes away from the true sim of the game not being able to challenge what you believe in.
-Injuries once in a while would add a new challenge to the H2H atmosphere.
-Weather in H2H
- Carolina Panthers are not a 4-3 defence anymore
- More flags
- Madden plays better when you are playing with a friend on a couch.
- Would like a true sim h2h.

Great game this year though! So far no exploits. Feels like a chess match every game !

Replies

• H2h sucks ea has screwed us again
  • MaddenUniversity
    364 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Jamrock,

I am enjoying the game overall... But there are some glaring deficiencies that I can't overlook.

I have 20+ years of experience (and muscle memory) playing Madden and have prided myself on my ability to adjust my defense for all those years. No longer. Madden NFL 20 has moved my Linebacker and D-Line adjustments to the D-Pad. 40 H2H Online Ranked Games into the season and my virtual adjustment legs are still as wobbly as baby deer. In my mind, I know EXACTLY what I want every defender in every defense to do, but I'm having difficulty communicating those adjustments to my players...

I imagine this is what it's like coaching Chinese players if you don't speak Mandarin. I know what I want to say, but not how to say it. And learning the "language" on the fly is leaving me exposed to players I'd easily stop if I didn't have this barrier.

I've also experienced some CRAZY calls... In a game that was awesome, until the last 0:19 seconds, against the Bengals I had three straight "completions" that were clearly out of bounds that gave my opponent 56 yards of field position before he scored on a 10 yard pass where I missed a swat. I made a video about it...

Changed the title of the video:

I WAS HOT!!!

Not to mention all the plays that I can't put in my custom playbook, because they aren't in the game anymore. Singleback Slot - Smash, the entire Singleback Spread formation, and at least 20 others... GONE. I refuse to use shotgun. ARGHHHH!

That's all for now...

Later

Moderator's Note: Please to do not post videos, gifs, etc. with bad language on them. Thanks.
    Post edited by MaddenUniversity on
  • I am enjoying the game overall...

Lol how is this game enjoyable at all with constant garbage like this happening?
  • Dweezy85 wrote: »
    Lol how is this game enjoyable at all with constant garbage like this happening?

Well, let me give you some perspective. The only reason I own a PS4 is to play Madden, but the past 3 years have been HORRIBLE. It literally took my four months to play 10 games of Madden 19. I think I finished the year with a total of 22 games played. In retrospect, it was a TOTAL WASTE OF $60.

Madden 20 is better. Not perfect, but better.

Consider that this comes from the owner of the longest running Madden site on the planet (true). When a guy that runs a Madden site cant stand playing the game, any improvement is huge.

That said, the longer I play the more frustrated I become. I have 43 games played so far and the defensive adjustment controls are by far my biggest gripe...

Later
  • @MaddenUniversity . I didnt play madden 19 at all. I came back on the 20. I had to adapt to the new controls as well. It feels better. I take off my camera toggle( after every game because it wont stay @EA) and I can do all things through my dpad.

EA is definitely giving more attention to MUT than regular head to head. All I play is head to head for true sim football.

They have done a good job with this game. The good thing is that the game just dropped and they can still make changes early.

My hope is that they will listen and won't wait long to implement these simple changes to make the head to head atmosphere more complete.
  • @MaddenUniversity . I didnt play madden 19 at all. I came back on the 20. I had to adapt to the new controls as well. It feels better. I take off my camera toggle( after every game because it wont stay @EA) and I can do all things through my dpad.
    Madden 19 was hot garbage... You did not miss a thing! Madden 20 is a huge improvement, but that doesn't say much. LOL
    I turned off my camera toggle too, but I'm still tapping L1 to adjust my DL/LB. I'm still having to look at my hands to make those adjustments. I liken it to coming to work to do a job you've always done, but none of the keys on your keyboard are in the same place... The speed of my adjustments has suffered TREMENDOUSLY. Where I used to make shifts at the speed of the game, it literally feels like I've never played this game before. Doesn't help that I have to fight about 22 years of muscle memory. It will probably take 200 games for it to be natural again, but I keep losing because of it and might not make it that far - AND IF I DO - What's to say they wont change it again next year (for no real reason).
    I usually buy 5+ copies of Madden a year, but I've only bought one each year since Madden 17. Needless to say, EA has done a ton to make me question my purchasing decisions the past 3-4 years.

Regarding MUT... I was at EA Tiburon Studios for Community Day when I was first introduced to it back in 2012. I remember thinking about how many issues the H2H community had experienced over the years and how MUT would be yet another reason EA couldn't devote the resources necessary to make H2H better... I hate that I was right.

Later