EA Forums - Banner

Madden 20 Needs to be fixed a lot

As a die hard madden fan, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but this is by far the worst “Madden” that I have ever played in my life. What bothers me the most about this game, is that people are actually claiming this to be the best madden ever & it’s not. Not by far. EA idk how you all decide on how things work in these games and I’m not going to go into detail with it but this it not real football. Players shouldn’t be able to maneuver through the defense like cars I mean my god, it’s practically impossible to make a tackle in this game I can inches away & the game won’t allow me to tackle the ball carrier or better yet all my guys will just depart the Red Sea & let the ball carrier score. That’s not football EA. You throw bad passes in this game they are caught and sometimes rewarded with a td but throw a good pass it’s broken up or intercepted or 9/10 the WR is going to drop it. WR’s don’t drop that many balls EA come on. I know some of these tho FS will get fixed but I know a lot of it won’t get fixed until madden 21 is about to come out. Honest as far as defense, the defense from madden 19 needs to be in this game as far as the lurking abilities because too many times am I sitting on routes and guys throw it to my user and I can’t jump up and pick the ball of even deflect it as a matter of fact I’m getting the animation after the WR has caught the ball. Why is that? So I’m supposed to get penalized for guys who throw bad passes who are rewarded with catches and maybe td’s? That’s not football if the ball is thrown to my user I should be able to defend it how I choose not get thrown into a tackle animation when I’m trying to get a intercept. The defensive A.I. In this game is horrible, I mean gracious guys are just standing around letting the wr’s catch passes running pass running backs reacting slow. The defense doesn’t react until after the ball is caught by the offense or after the running back has ran past them. The zones are horrible man plays like zone and zone plays like man how is that. The o-line is trash because I’ve never seen soo many sacks in a game of football in my life. This game can be great but it needs to be patched because it’s cheesy and pretty much your in games & the outcome of the game is going to be based off of whoever can cheese the most. Oh yea and the read option, there’s no reason the qb should be able to pitch the ball while getting hit and if soo the pitch shouldn’t be accurate.

Things that need to be fixed

1. “TACKLING”
2. Zone coverage
3. Defensive A.I.
4. Players speed and how they maneuver
5. The o-line blocking
6. The X factor abilities especially the speed qb’s X factor
7. The random fumbles off regular tackles
8. Defensive lurk system

Replies

• Tombrady121287
    28 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    As a die hard madden fan, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but this is by far the worst “Madden” that I have ever played in my life. What bothers me the most about this game, is that people are actually claiming this to be the best madden ever & it’s not. Not by far. EA idk how you all decide on how things work in these games and I’m not going to go into detail with it but this it not real football. Players shouldn’t be able to maneuver through the defense like cars I mean my god, it’s practically impossible to make a tackle in this game I can inches away & the game won’t allow me to tackle the ball carrier or better yet all my guys will just depart the Red Sea & let the ball carrier score. That’s not football EA. You throw bad passes in this game they are caught and sometimes rewarded with a td but throw a good pass it’s broken up or intercepted or 9/10 the WR is going to drop it. WR’s don’t drop that many balls EA come on. I know some of these tho FS will get fixed but I know a lot of it won’t get fixed until madden 21 is about to come out. Honest as far as defense, the defense from madden 19 needs to be in this game as far as the lurking abilities because too many times am I sitting on routes and guys throw it to my user and I can’t jump up and pick the ball of even deflect it as a matter of fact I’m getting the animation after the WR has caught the ball. Why is that? So I’m supposed to get penalized for guys who throw bad passes who are rewarded with catches and maybe td’s? That’s not football if the ball is thrown to my user I should be able to defend it how I choose not get thrown into a tackle animation when I’m trying to get a intercept. The defensive A.I. In this game is horrible, I mean gracious guys are just standing around letting the wr’s catch passes running pass running backs reacting slow. The defense doesn’t react until after the ball is caught by the offense or after the running back has ran past them. The zones are horrible man plays like zone and zone plays like man how is that. The o-line is trash because I’ve never seen soo many sacks in a game of football in my life. This game can be great but it needs to be patched because it’s cheesy and pretty much your in games & the outcome of the game is going to be based off of whoever can cheese the most. Oh yea and the read option, there’s no reason the qb should be able to pitch the ball while getting hit and if soo the pitch shouldn’t be accurate.

1. “TACKLING”
    2. Zone coverage
    3. Defensive A.I.
    5. The o-line blocking
    8. Defensive lurk system

That's what I've saying about this game the tackling is horrible it's impossible to tackle in this game every receiver is pretty much wide open no matter what formation you use idk if these developers ever watched the NFL and know this doesn't happen I see 75 speed guys blow by a 90 speed DB there's something wrong with that and this game somehow this game seems just to allow all the and cheese players do whatever they want in this game EA sports does nothing about this to fix this game correctly I'm using bo Jackson and somehow they let a DB tackle me with less than 80 speed and shazier shouldn't even be in this game he hasn't played football in over 2 years cuz of the spinal injury but I got receivers like Harrison Torry holt 90 speed and madden seems to let a bum DB with less than 80 speed cover me get an interception but they let the opponent catch every pass this game seems very scripted I remember the old madden games on PS2 and PS3 And another thing DB's stand there and look at the ball when it's right in front of them to get the interception EA sports needs to let some other game developers take control of the madden series I'm not paying 100$ on madden 21 next year until they fix this game

[Removed call outs]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Amen! Worst madden to date
  • I’ve been telling people that, it’s no way people are saying this madden is the best. It’s remotely impossible if they think so I feel like I’m playing a superhero game because once the players get the X factor ability to turn into these over powered players that can’t be stopped. Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if EA devs are the ones giving this game the good ratings because it’s very bad and I’m ashamed to even play this game because I lose to guys who make the dumbest decisions when playing and they get rewarded for doing it. At least in 19 the game didn’t reward guys for making bad throws
  • JPGoinHam
    135 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ryan Shazier in the game to give these players a fast linebacker to user lurk with smh.

[Removed call out]
  • I still cant believe this game is the actual game. The amount of issues with a product like this is something to be alarming. Video game now days, is not made for the 12 year old who does not know any better. We are adult with careers much more influential and important than the makers of this game. If I was to produce a end product such as this to my companies board of directors , i would be ridiculed and questions would be raised about my ability to do my job. In my opinion, you, EA, all should really take a step back, look at the community who actually takes the time to play this game and listen. YOUTUBE online has over 100 GLITCH plays , as they are called, so that people may exploit the system and its faults in order to win. The game, year in and year out , is driven by money (MUT) and the exploit of its customers by placing some COOL looking card and in order to sell that customer the pack which are also flawed. The system is a pay to win system in MUT and the game itself overall, is broken. How, many of you, still have your jobs is extremely baffling to grasp.

Peek at your boards here , it is a 5 to 1 odd of complaints to just a simple question, not a praise.
  • Tombrady121287
    28 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I still cant believe this game is the actual game. The amount of issues with a product like this is something to be alarming. Video game now days, is not made for the 12 year old who does not know any better. We are adult with careers much more influential and important than the makers of this game. If I was to produce a end product such as this to my companies board of directors , i would be ridiculed and questions would be raised about my ability to do my job. In my opinion, you, EA, all should really take a step back, look at the community who actually takes the time to play this game and listen. YOUTUBE online has over 100 GLITCH plays , as they are called, so that people may exploit the system and its faults in order to win. The game, year in and year out , is driven by money (MUT) and the exploit of its customers by placing some COOL looking card and in order to sell that customer the pack which are also flawed. The system is a pay to win system in MUT and the game itself overall, is broken. How, many of you, still have your jobs is extremely baffling to grasp.

Peek at your boards here , it is a 5 to 1 odd of complaints to just a simple question, not a praise.

I agree with you I've seen all the glitch plays on YouTube and I've played so many h2h games and all you see is players that use the same 2 plays on offense and defense all game long and know where those players get those plays from they get the plays from youtubers I've complained to EA about this and especially give these to user lurk every single play running all over the field like a cheetah to get an interception no linebacker covers that much field not even in the NFL they need to do something about this and fix this game and see what's really going on they need to take this game off the shelves and fix it and re release it...

[Removed call outs]
  • [quote="RealShoeKing;d-247809"]As a die hard madden fan, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but this is by far the worst “Madden” that I have ever played in my life. What bothers me the most about this game, is that people are actually claiming this to be the best madden ever & it’s not. Not by far. EA idk how you all decide on how things work in these games and I’m not going to go into detail with it but this it not real football. Players shouldn’t be able to maneuver through the defense like cars I mean my god, it’s practically impossible to make a tackle in this game I can inches away & the game won’t allow me to tackle the ball carrier or better yet all my guys will just depart the Red Sea & let the ball carrier score. That’s not football EA. You throw bad passes in this game they are caught and sometimes rewarded with a td but throw a good pass it’s broken up or intercepted or 9/10 the WR is going to drop it. WR’s don’t drop that many balls EA come on. I know some of these tho FS will get fixed but I know a lot of it won’t get fixed until madden 21 is about to come out. Honest as far as defense, the defense from madden 19 needs to be in this game as far as the lurking abilities because too many times am I sitting on routes and guys throw it to my user and I can’t jump up and pick the ball of even deflect it as a matter of fact I’m getting the animation after the WR has caught the ball. Why is that? So I’m supposed to get penalized for guys who throw bad passes who are rewarded with catches and maybe td’s? That’s not football if the ball is thrown to my user I should be able to defend it how I choose not get thrown into a tackle animation when I’m trying to get a intercept. The defensive A.I. In this game is horrible, I mean gracious guys are just standing around letting the wr’s catch passes running pass running backs reacting slow. The defense doesn’t react until after the ball is caught by the offense or after the running back has ran past them. The zones are horrible man plays like zone and zone plays like man how is that. The o-line is trash because I’ve never seen soo many sacks in a game of football in my life. This game can be great but it needs to be patched because it’s cheesy and pretty much your in games & the outcome of the game is going to be based off of whoever can cheese the most. Oh yea and the read option, there’s no reason the qb should be able to pitch the ball while getting hit and if soo the pitch shouldn’t be accurate.

1. “TACKLING”
    2. Zone coverage
    3. Defensive A.I.
    5. The o-line blocking
    8. Defensive lurk system[/quote]

Nothing but the truth like it's sad and EA doesn't care that it's customers see a big problem
  • Rippers2222
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    This year has been interesting. I'll start off by saying that Madden 19 was terrible all around. Madden 17 and 18 started bad, with a number of issues, but they were fixed relatively soon and those versions were good.

Madden 20? Started good. Stayed good. But in the last six weeks? What did EA do? All of the above. The game looks more and more like 19 each week. Super LB's are back, **** interceptions are back. And to be a little hypcritical, what is up with defenders being in position to make plays they they used to make but now all of a sudden they freeze up and let passes go by?

It is as if EA wants to reward the sweaty user defenders, who will blitz 5 or more and then let ONE super user linebacker or safety to be able to cover 3 routes, while stopping the run, and still punish the player who tries to out think his opponent while at the same time punish players who actually use defense like it is supposed to be used in real life.

And before people accuse me of sour grapes, I play online head to head only and I am about 60 games above .500 as a player with a record of something like 255-195, give or take a few games.

What happened EA?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4316 posts EA Community Manager
    This year has been interesting. I'll start off by saying that Madden 19 was terrible all around. Madden 17 and 18 started bad, with a number of issues, but they were fixed relatively soon and those versions were good.

Madden 20? Started good. Stayed good. But in the last six weeks? What did EA do? All of the above. The game looks more and more like 19 each week. Super LB's are back, **** interceptions are back. And to be a little hypcritical, what is up with defenders being in position to make plays they they used to make but now all of a sudden they freeze up and let passes go by?

It is as if EA wants to reward the sweaty user defenders, who will blitz 5 or more and then let ONE super user linebacker or safety to be able to cover 3 routes, while stopping the run, and still punish the player who tries to out think his opponent while at the same time punish players who actually use defense like it is supposed to be used in real life.

And before people accuse me of sour grapes, I play online head to head only and I am about 60 games above .500 as a player with a record of something like 255-195, give or take a few games.

What happened EA?

Hey, @Rippers2222

I'm not going to accuse you of sour grapes, I know a lot of players prefer to use the linebacker to cover the middle (including myself). When you're talking about them blitzing 5 or more, do you know what formation and specific defensive play they're using and what do you generally pick to counter it?
  • The game was better when it was first released! All they had to do was Tweak the Running game and the gm was PERFECT! I remember Wr’s dropped balls! DB’s broke on balls! Rb’s fumbled. Passes were incomplete! Now it’s back like 19. A qb throws 3 money plays and they work every play.
    Side note: There probably will not be another update so it’s looking like we’re stuck trying to defend the Unstoppable Chiefs. I’m so tired of the sprint to the sideline with Mahomes and throw the post to Hill which is 20 yards behind your FS.
  • Rippers2222
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    [Hey, @Rippers2222

I'm not going to accuse you of sour grapes, I know a lot of players prefer to use the linebacker to cover the middle (including myself). When you're talking about them blitzing 5 or more, do you know what formation and specific defensive play they're using and what do you generally pick to counter it?

Almost any blitz can send five or more, its the usual suspects. I am not going to post my counters, I am not that dumb, but I will say they involve multiple hot routes that only need quick reads...and before you ask, I am not complaining about if I make the wrong read. Those are on me; unless of course he PI's or hold me. That seems to be making a comeback too. And I am not against people usering the LB, nut that can be and SHOULD be exploitable by the offense. Up until about six weeks ago, it generally was even against the pinch blitz. What I do not like is when, even though my play has fooled the user, the game is letting them turn on a dime without losing momentum to still make the play. I saw where a guy blitzed with his LB, engaged my OL and then still ran back to intercept a ball (with their back to the play and in the opposite direction from where they were heading) on a pass 10 yards further downfield.
  • [Hey, @Rippers2222

Almost any blitz can send five or more, its the usual suspects. I am not going to post my counters, I am not that dumb, but I will say they involve multiple hot routes that only need quick reads...and before you ask, I am not complaining about if I make the wrong read. Those are on me; unless of course he PI's or hold me. That seems to be making a comeback too. And I am not against people usering the LB, nut that can be and SHOULD be exploitable by the offense. Up until about six weeks ago, it generally was even against the pinch blitz. What I do not like is when, even though my play has fooled the user, the game is letting them turn on a dime without losing momentum to still make the play. I saw where a guy blitzed with his LB, engaged my OL and then still ran back to intercept a ball (with their back to the play and in the opposite direction from where they were heading) on a pass 10 yards further downfield.

Happens to me all the time too
  • ^ I have been complaining about this and psychic DB's since the first update. EA never fixed it and this has been going on for years.
  • ericedub
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    We have been complaining about psychic DB's on every Madden on PS4. Yet, it seems to get worse never fixed or even nerfed. EA u can't be serious putting out this type of game play.

pic 1 - My QB is about to throw the ball to Tyreek Hill on the left sideline

pic 2 - Tyreek has his man beat by almost 10 yards the ball is already in the air. Look at #32 with his back turned to the ball

pic 3 - The CB in the middle of the field CPU not user comes off his man never ever looking at the QB. How does he even know the ball is thrown? And how do u make up that much distance? #32 Runs 20-25 yards to the left for an interception. My QB has 94 throw power, 94 deep, 99 mid, 90 short accuracy In case anyone is wondering.
  • No kiddding ericdub, EA apparently has installed Jedi mind powers with their AI defense because EVERY one of the defense reacts to the reciever you are "getting ready" to throw to and pulls off their perfect cover the instant it is thrown. (Regardless if they are looking at the QB or not.) However, your AI defense does not react until THEIR reciever has caught the ball and starts running, AND their receivers start blocking. EA REEEEALLLY likes a fair and equal game play.
    AND how about their PERFECT and I MEAN PERFECT AI offensive line. Man once one of your DT's or linebackers touch the EA AI offense, they are stuck forever on them. FOR EV ER! Funny my +20 point better offense cant stp some 68 AI DT from plowing through in a second.

I wish the guy I get to control is actually under my control. Cause no matter how big the hole is to run to the QB, my guy will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS run to find a blocker EVEN if the QB is closer than a blocker.
    REALLY EA REALLY? What nit wit thought this was a great idea and also decided not to put ANY variation in the blocking scheme.

And is ANYONE else ABSOLUTELY sick and tired of waiting 5 seconds on EVERY SINGLE FRICKIN DOWN for the QB to do the EXACT same **** shuffle? EA programers must really like looking at mens butts.

• I've pretty much given up on online h2h play. i either get matched up with someone who has mastered every cheese play known, or matched up with some kid who quits soon as you stop them from getting a 4th and 20. I wish they would bring back the matchup rooms where you can see and challenge who you want and see what kind of disconnect % they have. I remember the rooms on NCAA where players would call other players out and warn you who was a legit player vs who was just a glitchy player.
  • I've pretty much given up on online h2h play. i either get matched up with someone who has mastered every cheese play known, or matched up with some kid who quits soon as you stop them from getting a 4th and 20. I wish they would bring back the matchup rooms where you can see and challenge who you want and see what kind of disconnect % they have. I remember the rooms on NCAA where players would call other players out and warn you who was a legit player vs who was just a glitchy player.

Dude I completely forgot those rooms labeled "East" and "West" and stuff was even a thing. The good ole days. 30 dudes in a room talking crap and challenging eachother. Play then meet back up in the east lobby and talk more crap.
  • Honestly... psychic defense is not nearly as bad in this game as it was in 19. Don't get me wrong... it can definitely be improved upon but I was frustrated with this game so I popped in 19 a few weeks back and wow.... you can see the difference in regards to psychic defense.
  • kennylc76 wrote: »
    Honestly... psychic defense is not nearly as bad in this game as it was in 19. Don't get me wrong... it can definitely be improved upon but I was frustrated with this game so I popped in 19 a few weeks back and wow.... you can see the difference in regards to psychic defense.

I totally agree. Even with its flaws, 20 is light years better than 19.
  • tosstamer1
    314 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Yea. Hopefully 2ks XFL game will be customizable enough to create the NFL rosters, draft classes, and just play online franchise on there.

We'll probably be banned for bringing it up in 3, 2, 1....