EA Forums - Banner

Patch Playcalling

Haven't played h2h game in week then when I do come back and play 5 games it's like I'm playing the same person.

Only 3 plays being used online it said.

3-4 cover 4 show 2
3-4 pinch cover 0
3-3-5 cross blitz 0

Same play.
Game already dead and the real NFL season ain't even started.
Burnt out, game not even fun no more it's sad. EA allows YouTubers and websites ruin there game with CHEESE.

Madden takes no skill, all you gotta do is learn how to run glitch plays and then swear you got skills.

Replies

• Those are easy plays to stop though. I actually put useful tips on my YouTube channel, to help people get better at the game. Any time I go into a game I plan on running into those plays so I always have an escape route if I encounter said blitzes. Once you score touchdowns against those cheesy defenses, they tend to stray away from them and try to play actual defense but they don’t know to and it’s great. But I get what you’re saying, people rely on YouTube and I’d say 75% of the community do not understand real football concepts.
    crossville420 YouTube and PSN
  • JPGoinHam wrote: »
    Haven't played h2h game in week then when I do come back and play 5 games it's like I'm playing the same person.

Only 3 plays being used online it said.

3-4 cover 4 show 2
    3-4 pinch cover 0
    3-3-5 cross blitz 0

Same play.
    Game already dead and the real NFL season ain't even started.
    Burnt out, game not even fun no more it's sad. EA allows YouTubers and websites ruin there game with CHEESE.

Madden takes no skill, all you gotta do is learn how to run glitch plays and then swear you got skills.

I agree with you 100% I've been saying this all along those are bum trash players young punks who use the same 2 or 3 plays on offense and defense all game long and they get those plays from youtubers I've been playing those bums all the time in h2h it's a shame that's all they know how to do is 2 plays on offense and defense all game long it's embarrassing to the game the game is completely ruined playing bums trash players that use 2 plays all game long on offense and defense it becomes really stale madden use to be a fun game to play back on the Sega Genesis days and PS2 and PS3 days this is complete trash madden games were never like this on the PS2 and Sega Genesis days they use to be fun to play not anymore!!!!
  • Take it from a guy that has not used Shotgun since Madden 03... The reason people use the same plays in Madden is the same reason teams use the same plays in the NFL. It's because they are effective. But you don't have to lose your football identity to compete with the one play wonders running the "Everybody Defense." In fact, it should be a challenge for all of us that hate playing facing the mindless drone to lay the smackdown on them at every opportunity.

I've said this for years, but if enough of us become savvy enough at Madden to force players to expand their game to become competitive, they will. Or they will quit. The problem becomes when we, the players that are tired of the players with a YouTube "Cut and Paste" game merely complain instead of being better.

The way I see it, if my opponent only runs one play all game, he gives me 20-30 opportunities to find a way to beat that play. Which is good, since I'm almost guaranteed to see that play again in another game.

Later
  • Tombrady121287
    28 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Take it from a guy that has not used Shotgun since Madden 03... The reason people use the same plays in Madden is the same reason teams use the same plays in the NFL. It's because they are effective. But you don't have to lose your football identity to compete with the one play wonders running the "Everybody Defense." In fact, it should be a challenge for all of us that hate playing facing the mindless drone to lay the smackdown on them at every opportunity.

I've said this for years, but if enough of us become savvy enough at Madden to force players to expand their game to become competitive, they will. Or they will quit. The problem becomes when we, the players that are tired of the players with a YouTube "Cut and Paste" game merely complain instead of being better.

The way I see it, if my opponent only runs one play all game, he gives me 20-30 opportunities to find a way to beat that play. Which is good, since I'm almost guaranteed to see that play again in another game.

Later

MaddenUniversity NFL Teams don't use the same plays every single play every single down on offense and defense if that was the case they would get picked apart by Tom Brady or Drew Brees or get gashed for over 200 plus yards rushing every game with Ezekiel Elliott or Todd Gurley madden games aren't like the old madden games that were on PS2 and Sega Genesis those madden games were way better than these madden games now this game is full of glitches and broken tackles players that don't know football skills they only know one play and that's cuz of youtubers exploiting the game with money plays cheese plays

[Removed call out]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Trust me I have a winning record. I'm 29-10 with about 5 disconnect losses. I have no problems with beating the bums, it's just Madden needs to implement some sort of system for spammers and they need to really do something about 3-4 playbooks being overpowered, I run a 4-3 playbook and it is basically useless. No pressure out of a 4-3 what so ever but someone can run 3-4 cover 4 show 2 and get tons of pressure blitzing only 3 lineman.

NFL teams dont run same plays over and over and of they did it would be out of different formations with some window dressing to disquise it.

It's not even week 1 of season and the game is stale already.
  • I’ve said this before but they need to do away with Custom playbooks. All everyone is doing is watching YouTube and adding all the money plays on offense and defense. This forces you to have to run gimmick plays in order to even compete. I’m sick and tired of 4 Wr tight scheme. It’s not even week 1. I really wish THEY WOULD PUT THE GAME BACK LIKE IT WAS WHEN IT 1st Came out
  • TomBrady121287, JPGoinHam, and Botravis...

Frankly, I get tired of people spamming plays too. While we agree on some points, we disagree on others. With regards that teams don't use the same plays over and over and that custom playbooks should be unavailable, we are staunchly opposed.

Beyond being a avid Madden player (though I can see its flaws), I'm also a football X's and O's historian of sorts. Throughout football's history there are teams, coaches, and sometimes plays that clearly define those teams and coaches, if not their era. The West Coast (Bill Walsh) system was known for slant/flat combinations, Vince Lombardi was known for the Power Sweep, Joe Gibbs' Redskins teams for the 3 run plays they used, the Jerry Glanville's Falcons for the Grits Blitz, etc. These teams (and others) ran the same play. Over and Over. The '69 Jets ran the same run play off the left side 6 straight times on the same drive in Super Bowl III. The Patriots ran the same pass play over and over on their game winning drive in Super Bowl VIII before running the ball for the score.

As far as custom playbooks are concerned, I refuse to use shotgun. The first thing I do every year, before I play a game, is to build a playbook filled with plays and formations I'll actually use and REMOVE EVERY SHOTGUN FORMATION. I even make a video about it and post it to YouTube. I like 2 back sets. I like Singleback. I don't run many Bunch, Close, or Tight sets because I don't like compression. Why wouldn't I build a playbook that fits my personal preferences instead of using a playbook chocked full of CRAP plays, that might be effective, but don't fit my identity? That said, even with a Custom playbook, I find ithe feature SEVERELY LACKING! I want to run Splitbacks, Far, and Near in addition to a Singleback Spread formation, neither of which is available for custom playbooks.

Guys like me are wondering why custom playbooks haven't EXPANDED to include a Custom Play Editor. I want to design and use my own plays, because I don't like most of the plays that are on the game. Neither the formation nor the Power Sweep that Lombardi used is available. Seems a shame. Heck, Steeler's coach Chuck Noll's Trap play was first drawn up on a napkin. Beyond that, there are a number of duplicated plays that are available in some formations that have no discernible difference. Run plays where not everyone is blocking. Pass concepts that go largely ignored. We should be able to design plays in an editor instead of having to rely on pre-snap hot routes on every down.

Later