Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: November Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Series 2 Update Details

Prev13
EA_KRAELO
136 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 9
Hey Madden Ultimate Team Community,

We wanted to provide you an update regarding the Series 2 Update. The Madden Ultimate Team is targeting to have the Series 2 Update available to players on Friday, September 20th. If anything changes, we will make sure to let players know.

For those that did not attend the Madden Ultimate Team Reveal Livestream on July 22nd, we highlighted that Series trophies this year have moved to a type of currency this year in Madden Ultimate Team. This means that on Friday, September 20th, your current Series 1 trophy currency will automatically convert to Series 2 trophy currency. The conversion value for a previous Series program to a new Series program is half. For example, if you have 100 Series 1 trophies in your currency bucket, then they will convert to 50 Series 2 trophies in your currency bucket when the new Series Update launches.

Also, this year, there has been a change to how Limited Time (LTD) player items work in game. With each Series update, the LTD player items in the previous Series will be available in packs as non-LTDs. The key changes you will see on the non-LTD player items are as follows:
  1. The player item artwork will have a different border and stamp, but the LTD icon will be removed
  2. The player item will no longer quicksell for 250,000 coins but quicksell for the appropriate amount of training based on the player items Overall (OVR)

The following list of LTD player items from Series 1 will be available in packs at the start of the Series 2 update:

Career Tribute
  • Andrew Luck

Legends
  • Kellen Winslow
  • Willie Lanier
  • Ray Guy
  • Jan Stenerud
  • John Randle
  • Dan Dierdorf

Signature Series
  • Eddie Jackson
  • Christian McCaffrey
  • Desmond Trufant
  • Davante Adams
  • Cameron Jordan
  • Philip Rivers

TOTW
  • Sammy Watkins

Madden Ultimate Team 10
  • Bo Jackson
  • Patrick Willis
  • Michael Vick

Again, if anything changes on the date of when the Series 2 update releases, we will let players know.

K

9/12/2019 3:00PM ET: Point of clarification: Existing LTD player items in Series 1 will remain unchanged, including quicksell value. Only the new, non-LTD versions of these player items being introduced in packs for Series 2 update will not quicksell for coins, as they are not LTD in nature.

Post edited by EA_KRAELO on

Replies

• Will we be able to get the power ups for these players as well. I mnow for mut 10 its a ltd solo so does that changed?
  • Since im so close to getting my first coach madden collectible, are the series 1 trophies required for the series 1 coach madden collectible going to be halfed too????
  • Will we be able to get the power ups for these players as well. I mnow for mut 10 its a ltd solo so does that changed?

This. Been sitting on these power-ups for a while now, it's going to be a bummer if the people that didn't do the challenge can just get them in packs now.
  • So just getting trophies by the Solo battles as I cannot play MP due to my remote location on earth, does this mean all of us who were going to save for weeks to get our first Madden upgrade are screwed?

Or are you going to cut the cost of the first Madden upgrade in 1/2 to compensate for the lost trophies?

This REALLY screws single player MUT players.
  • Please at least make John Madden's first Chem card cheaper if you are going to rob us of 50% of our trophies. As I said before this really screws those of us who just play Ultimate Teams for Single Player. And I am sure there are a lot more people like me who spend way more then 99% of multi-player folks outside of big youtube guys.
  • gogiants98 wrote: »
    Will we be able to get the power ups for these players as well. I mnow for mut 10 its a ltd solo so does that changed?

This. Been sitting on these power-ups for a while now, it's going to be a bummer if the people that didn't do the challenge can just get them in packs now.

I invested in 14 Bo Jacksons
  • Just checking if there was any trophy update to the tier 1 Madden token for people who focus on single player in MUT.
  • EA_KRAELO
    Just checking if there was any trophy update to the tier 1 Madden token for people who focus on single player in MUT.

Update re: the Coach Madden Collectible.

K
  • Will the exchange set requirements increase with series 2? Like will it take 4 80-82 players to upgrade to 83-84? And will there be a place to exchange 88s?

Thanks
  • EA_KRAELO
    jtuerler wrote: »
    Will the exchange set requirements increase with series 2? Like will it take 4 80-82 players to upgrade to 83-84? And will there be a place to exchange 88s?

Thanks

Hey there JTuerler ...

We are going to be doing a special stream on Good Morning Madden (www.twitch.tv/EAMaddenNFL) tomorrow, Thursday at 5:30PM ET to walk through all the updates coming in Series 2. If you can make it, awesome. If you can't the archive should be available for review. I don't have that information at the moment, but I should have it tomorrow.

Have a great day!

K
  • Kraelo,
    Will there be new powerups for new elites like TOTW players? Thanks.
  • Will Lamar Jackson get a power up for series 2?
  • EA_KRAELO
    Decinco wrote: »
    Will Lamar Jackson get a power up for series 2?

No. Series 2 does not have any Power Up Expansions.

K
  • Holt upgrades and power up passes are really nice.....thanks
  • EA_KRAELO
    Holt upgrades and power up passes are really nice.....thanks

Yes sir! Holt is a GOON!

K
  • EA_KRAELO
    Just to provide you guys an update on this thread about Power Ups. I posted the following regarding Series 2. Although there are no new Power Ups in Series 2, there is something in the works for new Power Ups in the future @Decinco and @ChefBulldog.

Hope this helps.

K
  • Hey K no questions regarding series 2 i tuned into the stream just want to say your a great guy keep being you because you yourself are a reward to the MUT community
  • EA_KRAELO
    Mpercy3 wrote: »
    Hey K no questions regarding series 2 i tuned into the stream just want to say your a great guy keep being you because you yourself are a reward to the MUT community

Thanks man. That really means a lot and I appreciate! Means a lot sir!

K
  • My game never updated to series 2. May I please get some help to fix this.