EA Forums - Banner

Running the ball Extremely OP

Replies

• Not to mention this play if you haven’t seen it on my other post...

• tosstamer1 wrote: »

If running the ball isn’t OP, what is this? It’s a forcefield around my rb.

This is ridiculous games made for a arcade machine
  • JPGoinHam and tosstamer,

I watched those videos of Shawn Lee 'waiting to be blocked' and thought to myself... He was in a bad spot either way. In the shorter run of the two (1st 2 videos), he had two gaps he was responsible for and maintained his position slightly inside the DE that was in contain and rushing the outside. Had he tried to shoot the gap, he'd have been blown up; but if he flowed to the outside he'd have been blown up by the other pulling guard... Darned if you do, darned if he don't. I didn't see any way for Shawn Lee to win on that particular play, but I would like to know specifically how you guys would have wanted him to play that run...

Later
  • JPGoinHam and tosstamer,

I watched those videos of Shawn Lee 'waiting to be blocked' and thought to myself... He was in a bad spot either way. In the shorter run of the two (1st 2 videos), he had two gaps he was responsible for and maintained his position slightly inside the DE that was in contain and rushing the outside. Had he tried to shoot the gap, he'd have been blown up; but if he flowed to the outside he'd have been blown up by the other pulling guard... Darned if you do, darned if he don't. I didn't see any way for Shawn Lee to win on that particular play, but I would like to know specifically how you guys would have wanted him to play that run...

Later

Bro the RIGHT GUARD pulled left about 8-10 yards before Sean Lee did anything. I ran into him.

With ball going left Sean Lee was the force player meaning he should of took on the guard in backfield. Even if he did get blown up it should of been close to LOS not where he started the play. RG probably got 58 speed, Sean Lee around 78-80ish don't know numbers but you will never see a LB just sitting there.

Sean Lee is not suppose to win that play he is suppose to force back inside for Jaylon Smith(me) to clean up or LVE.

• Sean Lee has 82 speed, 87 acceleration, 87 awareness, 93 play recognition.

Brian Winters the right guard has 64 speed, 79acceleration, 78 run block, 86 run block finesse, 85 lead block, 85 impact block

But the RG got to Sean Lee where he started play lol come on now
  • The run game doesn’t work if you play CFM unless you have one of a few teams. This game is built for MUT and if you play CFM or Regs with any team outside of the cowboys or rams the run actually sucks! Try being in a CFM league and you’re stuck with the Bucs, fins, bills etc......not only does the run not work but the pass doesn’t either. This is by far the worst Madden in 10 years.
  • bugworm3 wrote: »
    The run game doesn’t work if you play CFM unless you have one of a few teams. This game is built for MUT and if you play CFM or Regs with any team outside of the cowboys or rams the run actually sucks! Try being in a CFM league and you’re stuck with the Bucs, fins, bills etc......not only does the run not work but the pass doesn’t either. This is by far the worst Madden in 10 years.

Sad because MUT is pay to win. And I'm a die hard cowboys fan that who I run with. Never played a game with any other team in Madden period. I know it probably sucks playing against them every game but I'm not changing for nobody lol
    The run game doesn’t work if you play CFM unless you have one of a few teams. This game is built for MUT and if you play CFM or Regs with any team outside of the cowboys or rams the run actually sucks! Try being in a CFM league and you’re stuck with the Bucs, fins, bills etc......not only does the run not work but the pass doesn’t either. This is by far the worst Madden in 10 years.

I could run using the Jets and Saints on people. I've slowed down Zeke and other good RBs. Peoples run defense is their weakness. My weakness is more against the pass and good against the run

I could run using the Jets and Saints on people. I've slowed down Zeke and other good RBs. Peoples run defense is their weakness. My weakness is more against the pass and good against the run

Must not watch the videos, its Madden programming not people run defense. You can call perfect play vs the offense and still lose
  • JPGoinHam wrote: »
    bugworm3 wrote: »

Must not watch the videos, its Madden programming not people run defense. You can call perfect play vs the offense and still lose

I've played 60 H2H games so far and know how to play defense pretty well. My opponent (link below) ran with Zeke A LOT and was my first time playing someone who ran the ball non stop most of the game and I adjusted after the 1st qtr figuring his play style out. I slowed down his run games the next 3 QTRs! He had 75 yds in the 1st qtr and after that only 48 yds. People have got to improve their run defense!

Bro the RIGHT GUARD pulled left about 8-10 yards before Sean Lee did anything. I ran into him.

With ball going left Sean Lee was the force player meaning he should of took on the guard in backfield. Even if he did get blown up it should of been close to LOS not where he started the play. RG probably got 58 speed, Sean Lee around 78-80ish don't know numbers but you will never see a LB just sitting there.

Sean Lee is not suppose to win that play he is suppose to force back inside for Jaylon Smith(me) to clean up or LVE.

JPGoinHam,

Thank you for kinda answering the question...

We both agree Sean Lee shouldn't have stood there, but it seems we disagree on what he should have done. I don't know the ratings of any players on my team. I honestly rarely if ever bother looking at them. I just know who I want where based on what I believe their real life skills to be, based on the eyeball test. So forgive me if I completely avoid discussing ratings.

What I've seen throughout this thread is mostly complaints about run defense being horrible, as if the user had no control. Or worse, out of their sense of perfection they believe that they've done everything possible, and still can't win. Granted, Sean Lee didn't play that run like either of us would have wanted him to play it. But knowing that he plays it that way, are you still going to say that you called the perfect defense? I HOPE NOT.

Following that reasoning, I tend to align with RespckMyGame's philosophy...

I've played 60 H2H games so far and know how to play defense pretty well. My opponent (link below) ran with Zeke A LOT and was my first time playing someone who ran the ball non stop most of the game and I adjusted after the 1st qtr figuring his play style out. I slowed down his run games the next 3 QTRs! He had 75 yds in the 1st qtr and after that only 48 yds. People have got to improve their run defense!

Proud of you... My run defense could use some work. But my weaknesses are not EA's fault.

Later

JPGoinHam,

Thank you for kinda answering the question...

We both agree Sean Lee shouldn't have stood there, but it seems we disagree on what he should have done. I don't know the ratings of any players on my team. I honestly rarely if ever bother looking at them. I just know who I want where based on what I believe their real life skills to be, based on the eyeball test. So forgive me if I completely avoid discussing ratings.

What I've seen throughout this thread is mostly complaints about run defense being horrible, as if the user had no control. Or worse, out of their sense of perfection they believe that they've done everything possible, and still can't win. Granted, Sean Lee didn't play that run like either of us would have wanted him to play it. But knowing that he plays it that way, are you still going to say that you called the perfect defense? I HOPE NOT.

Following that reasoning, I tend to align with RespckMyGame's philosophy...

Proud of you... My run defense could use some work. But my weaknesses are not EA's fault.

Later

I was an All-Conference Cornerback in college that won a National Championship I'm quite sure I know what defense works against what offense better then the average Madden Player running same 3 plays.

I could post a bunch of videos showing that run commit doesn't even work correctly but you probably think I'm doing something wrong too lol

That weekly direct deposit from EA must be nice.
    I was an All-Conference Cornerback in college that won a National Championship I'm quite sure I know what defense works against what offense better then the average Madden Player running same 3 plays.

I could post a bunch of videos showing that run commit doesn't even work correctly but you probably think I'm doing something wrong too lol

That weekly direct deposit from EA must be nice.

You played football on grass; and by the sound of it you did that pretty well. Congrats. Sadly, you probably already know that neither the All-Conference award nor the National Championship help when you play Madden. Similarly, Madden doesn't care about your 40 time or how much you can bench. Madden only cares about how well you use the tools you have available to accomplish your football goals within the programmed environment. Have you ever thought it possible that what you know about playing on grass isn't helping in the realm where you play on a controller?

I was once told that a hammer can be used as a watch, and a watch as a hammer if I wanted them to; but they both work better when used for their intended purpose. Perhaps, you might benefit from learning what these things actually do as opposed to what you think they should; they might work better for you.

Post as many videos as you want about Run Commit... I wouldn't know. I never use it. But I also don't yell at EA when I can't stop runs. I yell at me and that, IMO, makes all the difference.

With regards to EA and direct deposit; I could take offense at the implication, but I don't. I've heard it for years whenever I suggest that someone might not have done everything they could or should have; but rest assured, I have never received a penny directly from EA... Full disclosure, they have invited me to Orlando TWICE [all expenses paid] to give feedback on the game where I provided actionable solutions to problems. From that, you can thank me for two things:

1) Defenders making catches near the sideline when they are going to land out of bounds.
    2) Possession on Interceptions being awarded to defenders only AFTER they have control of the ball and both feet in bounds.

At the time I made those suggestions, they were barely in discussion at various message boards. Unbeknownst to me, these issues were related. EA devs informed me that they were too far into the development cycle to make these changes in the next game. I told them "Chop chop, because right now there is no penalty for the offense throwing passes to the sideline as high passes cannot be intercepted."

In Madden 25, I got my first interception where the screen turned after the LB landed with both feet. I was EXCITED, because the devs were listening. They still are.

You're welcome...

Later
    bugworm3 wrote: »

Several of those runs should have been house calls. Whoever you were playing doesnt know how to maneuver.
  • If any of you guys follow what the Madden 20 gamechangers and Eric Rayweather have said, they all say that the run is obviously OP. These are guys that work directly with EA. I would take all of their words over any ones that are saying anything contradicting them.

Rayweather said EA has eluded to nurfing the run so it will probably happen this upcoming month. Rayweather has also reported that people are playing and winning entire tournaments without a pass attempt. So winning like 10-15 games without throwing a pass. If thats not proof that the run is OP idk what is. But I guess some of you know more than the guys that work directly with EA hahahahaha
    If any of you guys follow what the Madden 20 gamechangers and Eric Rayweather have said, they all say that the run is obviously OP. These are guys that work directly with EA. I would take all of their words over any ones that are saying anything contradicting them.

Rayweather said EA has eluded to nurfing the run so it will probably happen this upcoming month. Rayweather has also reported that people are playing and winning entire tournaments without a pass attempt. So winning like 10-15 games without throwing a pass. If thats not proof that the run is OP idk what is. But I guess some of you know more than the guys that work directly with EA hahahahaha

Exactly I've seen the so called "Pros" say running is OP... Some have stop playing the game completely. Madden will never be good again.
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    If any of you guys follow what the Madden 20 gamechangers and Eric Rayweather have said, they all say that the run is obviously OP. These are guys that work directly with EA. I would take all of their words over any ones that are saying anything contradicting them.

Exactly I've seen the so called "Pros" say running is OP... Some have stop playing the game completely. Madden will never be good again.

It will be really hard for Madden to ever be a good football simulator again. From Madden 13 - current, the game has felt like an arcade game with little to no skill gap, and CPU decided animation outcomes regardless of positioning or attributes. Not to mention all of the glitches and broken gameplay.

Rex Dickson admitted it in his interview back in June-July. He said back on Madden 16 (spec catch year because of OBJ's catch the previous year) he knew he had made a mistake when everyone could throw up streaks and come down with the ball 70-80% with the one hand animation, but him and the Madden team left it in the game because the president of Madden or EA said that his 10 year old son loved that he could play the game that way.

I feel like that is proof that the game is directed more towards the younger aged gamer (I feel like because of MUT and packs but thats just my opinion). So us, the older gamers that want the game to actually simulate football rather than just have big plays and excitement will be left out for the years to come. They tried to make different modes like arcade, sim, or competitive, but the game still feels "arcadey" on all modes. Until they can find that balance between arcade, sim, and competitive, I feel like the game will continue to be disappointing to the community that want to play a realistic football simulator.

If running the ball isn’t OP, what is this? It’s a forcefield around my rb.

Saw a lot of forcefield runs this past weekend league. I went 13-6 and was So drained trying to stop the run i could not finish my games. This weekend was the first time I had trouble stopping the run this year. few of the guys that I played finished in the top 50 and all they did was run. They would of beat me no matter what they ran because they are way better then me but that just goes to prove what Problem said. I run a 91 overall defense, and run stuff chems, madden run d chems maxed out, and all defensive run stoppers at every position. My 96 Pat Tillman could not even get with In 3 yards of the forcefield.
  • It’s Zeke Elliot! If they Tune him down that will fix 70% of the Problem and yes I’m Serious. They Tuned EVERYONE else down as far as ability but Zeke is still running the ball like he did when the game first came out. Nerf Zeke= Dallas video Vixens have to play a more balanced gm VS Pick Dallas Run Right Run Left Zeke Breaks for numerous 30 yard plays. So for me it’s not the RUN GM, it’s just Dallas’s Run gm
  • botravis wrote: »
    It’s Zeke Elliot! If they Tune him down that will fix 70% of the Problem and yes I’m Serious. They Tuned EVERYONE else down as far as ability but Zeke is still running the ball like he did when the game first came out. Nerf Zeke= Dallas video Vixens have to play a more balanced gm VS Pick Dallas Run Right Run Left Zeke Breaks for numerous 30 yard plays. So for me it’s not the RUN GM, it’s just Dallas’s Run gm

Lol I play with Dallas and pick people apart with Dak. I run air style offense. 85 percent completion rate.lots of quick throw. Slants hitches and drags. Medium passing passes I love plays with shallow cross concepts. Mixed in with inside zone. If you think Dallas run is OP you should say Philly's is with their superstar O lineman and Nick Chubb with weak Browns O line