EA Forums - Banner

Now I see what everyone means

Prev1
ericedub
143 posts Member
edited October 2019
I play Franchise mode only and its pathetic. Last night I audible to a 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB set and the defense audible from cover 3 to man coverage. I saw a miss match at slot WR 5'9 188 Andy Isabella (95 speed, 95 acceleration, 85+ in all route running). Lined up against him was 6'4 260 LB Benardrick McKinney (84 speed 87 acceleration 48 man cover). McKinney was able to press my WR at the line of scrimmage then ran step for step with him downfield and was able to swat the ball. This is 35-40 yards downfield there was absolutely no separation at all. Theses updates have really ruined this game.

EA why don't u make a 4th mode for Madden 21 called realistic. Arcade, Competitive, Simulation, Realistic. Some of us like to play real football not exploit what's wrong with Madden. Get rid of the animations, psychic DB's, safeties running all over the field without ever having to slow down to change direction, all routes can be pressed even slant routes. Routes that cannot be pressed are bunch formations and motion. Give us stick control back. Tired of throwing to my WR on a comeback route and I can't come back to the ball. But the defender can attack the ball as soon as its released. O-lineman being able to create pockets and they don't just stand there. No more cover 4 stopping the run on goaline formations. Better pursuit angles, AI picking up on same play calls. Toned down reaction time in zone/man coverage. It's 2019 the passing game runs the NFL and has for years now. And better draft stock no more 85 speed TE with 75 acceleration. No more 5'9 180 CB with 94 speed but 85 acceleration. Have u people watched the past combines?

Replies

• If you want a wider gap between fast and slow players, go into the sliders and put the min speed thresh hold down, I put mine down 20-35 points every year, so the fast players are actually fast. lol
  • Facts facts facts
  • Preach brother... preach!!!!
  • If you want a wider gap between fast and slow players, go into the sliders and put the min speed thresh hold down, I put mine down 20-35 points every year, so the fast players are actually fast. lol

Kind of hard to explain that in a 32 member CFM league... that also takes away from skills and makes speed the end all be all like past Maddens... EA has to figure something out with quickness a d change of direction for larger players
  • hey ericedub,

I'm in the planning stages of a making a video highlighting the ACC rating and would like to know how much separation you expected from the Isabella/McKinney matchup after 40 yards? My last video leads me to believe that you should have gotten little more than 4 yards of separation based on the speed differences, but I haven't looked into hos ACC effects separation after 40 yards yet.

and to iKGeezie,

Part of the premise of my last video was the notion that Madden players such as ourselves aren't informed of what the ratings really mean based on a conversation I had with tosstamer1 on another thread. Since Madden 20 stretched out the ratings this year we don't know how they work anymore. We have to throw out what we used to think - much of which was based on anecdotal evidence.

to everyone,

What do you think I should do in this next video regarding ratings, especially ACC... My first thought was to try to create three players with 99, 89, and 79 SPD that run the 40 in the same time based on experimental numbers from the SPD tests and some ACC tests.

Any ideas?

Later

• No separation McKinney was running with him step for step. That's why I was so mad this game is so unrealistic. Most people don't win off skill. They win by exploiting what's wrong with Madden.
  • ericedub wrote: »
    No separation McKinney was running with him step for step. That's why I was so mad this game is so unrealistic. Most people don't win off skill. They win by exploiting what's wrong with Madden.

How much separation did you expect to get?
  • iKGeezie wrote: »
    If you want a wider gap between fast and slow players, go into the sliders and put the min speed thresh hold down, I put mine down 20-35 points every year, so the fast players are actually fast. lol

Kind of hard to explain that in a 32 member CFM league... that also takes away from skills and makes speed the end all be all like past Maddens... EA has to figure something out with quickness a d change of direction for larger players

Don't know why they do just do like FIFA. FIFA 20 you can tell the difference between different body types, speed and acceleration
    No separation McKinney was running with him step for step. That's why I was so mad this game is so unrealistic. Most people don't win off skill. They win by exploiting what's wrong with Madden.

Don't know stats but I bet you McKinney coverage stats are not justified in him keeping up with a reciever down field. But you'll probably say the ball was thrown late 😂
  • tosstamer1
    314 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    JPGoinHam wrote: »
    ericedub wrote: »

Don't know stats but I bet you McKinney coverage stats are not justified in him keeping up with a reciever down field. But you'll probably say the ball was thrown late 😂

It said Isabella has 95 speed, 95 acc, 85+ all routes, and mckinney is 84 speed, 87 acc with 48 man lmao
    Post edited by tosstamer1 on
  • -Going back and reading the original comment, I don't think the latest updates made LBs be able to stick with WRs more. Thats been a thing since the game's release (see my thread one month after the game dropped I was complaining about a LB sticking with John Ross 97s speed on a slant).

-The patches were super needed because arm bar and all the running traits were insanely OP. Like, before the patches, running the ball and using arm bar, joystick, and juke box looked like you were using the force in a Star Wars game it was so bad. No idea how the game was released that way but hey this happens every year.

-Andy Isabella should be able to blowtorch Mckinney on a streak; like lets get real.

- Competitive mode is supposed to be the mode that is most user skill dependent, but they stripped user control completely except user defenders able to cover 50-60 yards of field in 4 seconds. Sim is supposed to be realistic and play mostly by the ratings which is flawed if you want user to play a bigger part. And arcade is supposed to be for children basically. I wish they would just make 2 different games to where if you want to play MUT and all that, the game is on arcade.... but if you want to play a realistic football simulation game with a great franchise and compete with the current year teams, make a different game for us. Because the competitive, sim, arcade isn't working at all.

• tosstamer1 wrote: »
    JPGoinHam wrote: »

It said Isabella has 95 speed, 95 acc, 85+ all routes, and mckinney is 84 speed, 87 acc with 48 man lmao

Sorry sir lol been up shoveling snow since 4:30 2 days straight ... But like we said he shouldn't be able to stay step for step with him.
  • This has always been one of my biggest complaints about this game. I am not exactly sure what the whole "speed threshold" thing is doing but I regularly get slow defenders covering my fast receivers.

One of the things EA taught me is that as long as the CB has a Cover 3 or Cover 4 assignment, he will always be able to backpedal and cover a fast WR
  • kennylc76 wrote: »
    This has always been one of my biggest complaints about this game. I am not exactly sure what the whole "speed threshold" thing is doing but I regularly get slow defenders covering my fast receivers.

One of the things EA taught me is that as long as the CB has a Cover 3 or Cover 4 assignment, he will always be able to backpedal and cover a fast WR

Facts. I don't understand that.
  • JPGoinHam wrote: »

Well... Let's just say that if you were accused of a crime, you'd want me on the jury. After reading posts from Madden players for almost 20 years complaining about things that happen in games, I really need to see the video before I accept that anyone ran step-for step with anyone else. Step for step for the OP and I are probably not the same...

Also, the OP still hasn't said how much separation he expected after 40 yards...

Lastly, you're right. I am going to say the ball probably was thrown late and/or with the wrong arc. From the QB's angle, it will look like a slower defender is running step-for-step with a faster receiver for much of the distance downfield. By the time the receiver gets separation, he's outrun the arm all but the most elite QB's on the game. That can be PROVEN and DUPLICATED, so I'm gonna lean toward what I can prove until I see some evidence showing otherwise.

Later
    This has always been one of my biggest complaints about this game. I am not exactly sure what the whole "speed threshold" thing is doing but I regularly get slow defenders covering my fast receivers.

Right now I'm writing a series of articles about zone coverage, and a deep zone defender begins his backpedal while receivers are approaching his zone from a 22-25 yard depth. On a deep streak, the WR and DB aren't 'even' until around the 32-35 yard mark before turning to run once the ball is in the air. A QB would need to be able to throw the ball about 65-70 yards in the air to out-throw the coverage. I think there are only 2-5 QB's on the game with that type of arm.

I'll let you know when the series of articles is ready...

Later

At least 4-5 yards.

McKinney's man coverage is a 48.

Well... Let's just say that if you were accused of a crime, you'd want me on the jury. After reading posts from Madden players for almost 20 years complaining about things that happen in games, I really need to see the video before I accept that anyone ran step-for step with anyone else. Step for step for the OP and I are probably not the same...

Also, the OP still hasn't said how much separation he expected after 40 yards...

Lastly, you're right. I am going to say the ball probably was thrown late and/or with the wrong arc. From the QB's angle, it will look like a slower defender is running step-for-step with a faster receiver for much of the distance downfield. By the time the receiver gets separation, he's outrun the arm all but the most elite QB's on the game. That can be PROVEN and DUPLICATED, so I'm gonna lean toward what I can prove until I see some evidence showing otherwise.

Later

The throw wasn't late and I lead my WR with the throw. There is no excuses anyone can make its the game. Been going on as far back as when I used t use Wes Welker. Because he wasn't fast he wasn't that good in the game. And fast LB's could cover him all over the field one on one. But in reality he was quick and a great route runner. Top CB had problems covering Welker in real life. All we want is a real life game where skill matters. Why does EA think its ok that the defense can attack the ball as soon as its thrown but WR can't. They just sit there stuck in mud not moving and watch the defender intercept the ball. All the money we pay we have the right to demand change. All the money EA has made off of us yet were still having the same issues year after year.

Right now I'm writing a series of articles about zone coverage, and a deep zone defender begins his backpedal while receivers are approaching his zone from a 22-25 yard depth. On a deep streak, the WR and DB aren't 'even' until around the 32-35 yard mark before turning to run once the ball is in the air. A QB would need to be able to throw the ball about 65-70 yards in the air to out-throw the coverage. I think there are only 2-5 QB's on the game with that type of arm.

I'll let you know when the series of articles is ready...

Later

I think he's referring to the masses of players that call cov 3 or cov 4 and play their CBs on the LOS. At the snap, the CB is able to back pedal and not get beat deep while the WR is running straight.