EA Forums - Banner

Madden 21 Wishlist

Replies

• Afrom3ister
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Topgamer87 wrote: »
    Great point about the reach for the pylon/goaline, such a common action in the NFL yet it’s not in the game!

You can dive into the end zone/pylon if you're sprinting which imitates that. Are you both referring to when a QB does a sneak and throws his arms out? I guess you could make that a specific playcall from the playbook, but if you're near the goal line what button layout would you make this? There would need to be a risk of fumbling with this or else players would likely always do this. If there was a risk of a fumble though, would players bother using it?

Button mechanic would be truck stick since it's a fight for extra yards. But do not introduce this until you address Oline-Dline gamplay. Right now, it's incredibly dumb that you can sink your dline in to get a free rush and tackle for loss animation against a sneak. On top of that, the QB diving to the ground is also dumb because his dive has zero impact on the blocks in front of him.

In real life, stacking like that does help prevent sneaks, but it does so with winning the LOS and mudding up the center, not creating a free rush. In those cases a QB is stood up, he try reaching over the top.

It's also important to not that not all QB sneaks are in goal align, especially in the middle of the field. The Patriots often run it out of 11 personnel because it forces the defense to keep some of their heavies off the field, while also creating a pick your poison scenario (if you sink your lineman in to prevent the sneak, they often hand the ball off on a power or blast).

For the record, I'm not buying Madden any more because there are simply too many legacy issues that have never been and will likely never be addressed. This game is hot trash. There's a reason why real NFL players hate this game and it's not because of ratings. It's because it does accurately represent real football.
  • The legacy issue are hurting ea across the board
    run across this guy and he basically is explain various issues that I am experiencing as well I don't have time to sit and record but thankfully he does

• Ryan Moody is awesome
  • Topgamer87 wrote: »
    Great point about the reach for the pylon/goaline, such a common action in the NFL yet it’s not in the game!

You can dive into the end zone/pylon if you're sprinting which imitates that. Are you both referring to when a QB does a sneak and throws his arms out? I guess you could make that a specific playcall from the playbook, but if you're near the goal line what button layout would you make this? There would need to be a risk of fumbling with this or else players would likely always do this. If there was a risk of a fumble though, would players bother using it?
    I’m talking about in general any player near the goaline should be able to reach the ball over in an attempt to score but yes there should be different personal groups and strategies for QB sneaks. And as for a button, to my knowledge A or Y doesn’t do anything as a ball carrier so it could be one of those two and when holding it down that’s when the ball carrier would reach and risk for fumble makes sense because you see that happen often in the NFL but the ball has usually broken the plane.

• How about a strip the ball predictor from the snap and then manually taking the diving QB touchdown away.
    That seems extreme but I think you are on to something... if you could predict the sneak or HB dive correctly the defense could have higher probability to stuff the run! Good suggestion!

• tosstamer1 wrote: »
    Ryan Moody is awesome
    EA could learn a lot about what’s wrong with Madden by watching his videos. He points key problems that have plague the game for years.
  • Can we all agree of changing this buggy slow dashboard they use ?
  • And before we ask for any features we need the basics done and done correctly .. like blocking ... or blockers not watching the defense get behind without attempting to do anything ... they can’t even fix the blocking issue how can we expect new things added without more issues
  • Building the game around All-Madden would really help and i feel a number of these major legacy problems will be helped in turn. Most things we as a community desire in the game actually works on All-Pro. But All-Pro is too easy even for the newest of Madden players with even a slight knowledge of the sport.

ACTUAL User AI pass coverage on All-Madden is a must. Watching elite players play as if they have their helmet on backwards makes things very unrealistic, especially when that same elite player would completely BLANKET even the users best receiver. It doesn't make the game "difficult" It just makes it frustrating.

Remove useless attributes from players that don't require them. Theres no reason whatsoever from a gameplay standpoint for a Tackle or Guard to have a Throwing Power or Accuracy number higher than absolute Zero. There's also no reason outside of increasing the dice roll mechanics for players to have segregated attributes. SRR MRR DRR and lesser so the passing accuracy ratings aren't necessary. you're either a good route runner, or you're not. For example, The attribute setup that NCAA 14 had in tow was GREAT and the gameplay of that game is still to this day good enough for people to be paying upwards of $100 for a copy of the game.

Having an animation heavy game and implementing a feature such as "Real Player Motion™" can be seen as an oxymoron. Nothing about how the players move in the game feels even remotely REAL. This should be one or the other. Madden 18 was not perfect by any means however the implementation of RPM has caused everything to go downhill the past two iterations.

Working auto subs in simulation mode. I know subs CAN work but the default setting of 60/80 does absolutely nothing. Teams with RB setups such as Patriots who use Michel, White and Burkhead almost evenly should be represented as so in game, I mean "If it's in the game, its in the game" right?

I would like to see position differences per team. EDGE and SAM-WILL-MIKE IDL (interior lineman) and DE positions exist for a reason and should all be respected. Things like LE,RE LOLB,ROLB are all outdated. Many teams don't have real fullbacks anymore. Let the user set what they want by position with a variety of options like an evolved version of scheme changing

Slightly off the path but Gameplay doesn't only mean when playing the opponent. the ability to gameplan for a team (weekly training does very little to help prepare). Training Camps, Position battles many features that have been in Madden in the past. ANYTHING that can add to immersion helps gameplay exponentially

The NFL and football as a sport in general has evolved drastically. However Madden is still using nearly the same formula that's been in the game since position manipulation was introduced.
  • Afrom3ister
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    reMicXz wrote: »
    Building the game around All-Madden would really help and i feel a number of these major legacy problems will be helped in turn. Most things we as a community desire in the game actually works on All-Pro. But All-Pro is too easy even for the newest of Madden players with even a slight knowledge of the sport.

All-Madden doesn't really make a huge difference this year. Go play MUT Draft and you'll see that it's the exact opposite. Blocking is extremely OP on that mode.
    reMicXz wrote: »
    Remove useless attributes from players that don't require them. Theres no reason whatsoever from a gameplay standpoint for a Tackle or Guard to have a Throwing Power or Accuracy number higher than absolute Zero. There's also no reason outside of increasing the dice roll mechanics for players to have segregated attributes. SRR MRR DRR and lesser so the passing accuracy ratings aren't necessary. you're either a good route runner, or you're not. For example, The attribute setup that NCAA 14 had in tow was GREAT and the gameplay of that game is still to this day good enough for people to be paying upwards of $100 for a copy of the game.

There are very few ratings that truly matter this year, especially since SS abilities are literal cheat codes within the game and override any ratings and animations.

As for route running, I completely disagree. In fact, I think they should go more in depth with it. The majority of the elite WRs in the NFL are truly great at a handful of routes. I think each route in the tree should have it's own attribute.

Route running and Coverage in general needs an overhaul. It's WAY to robotic to the point that the animations from the routes guarantee certain results. Routes should not be run the same way every time. Great route runners should be setting up DBs before they get to the break/top in their route (i.e. setting up a DB by appearing to be going outside before cutting in). The subtleties are completely lacking.

WRs with ELITE play rec should also recognize when to break their route early to create more separation based on goe they are being covered and if they see a ton of space. Players on goes should be using the space outside the numbers better as well.

Motion snapping into a route should be flagged since it's an illegal motion (WR is supposed to be stopped for a second before snap). Same goes with illegal contact. No more running into offensive player 10 yards down field to stall a route.

Press coverage should be based on the ratings in this game and not based hot routes and shading. Additionally, they're needs to be a risk for holding.

Coverage ratings should dictate how often a DB gives up separation in man vs zone. Get this physic crap out of Madden. If they're going to bait, they need to legitimately lurk. Not automatically break to the WR your intending to throw to the nano second that you pressed the button.

Coverages should be tighter, but at the same time, DBs should be playing at different levels off the line of scrimmage based on their match-up and their confidence level against that receiver. Some DBs are also known to give that cushion because they can read a QBs eyes, determine the route easier and/or are great tacklers and can limit YAC. Others use trail technique to force QBs to throw more accurate passes overtop and to limit shorter routes. Basically, the players style and rating should affect HOW a defensive play looks more than it currently does AND should have varying level of results as far as separation.

Ball hawking in general should also be heavily nerfed. Positioning, ball placement, read and match-up should dictate likelihood of the pick. Defenders should be forced to use swat and tackle buttons more. Hit sticking receivers should also have a risk-reward as well with personal foul penalties for targeting..
    Having an animation heavy game and implementing a feature such as "Real Player Motion™" can be seen as an oxymoron. Nothing about how the players move in the game feels even remotely REAL. This should be one or the other. Madden 18 was not perfect by any means however the implementation of RPM has caused everything to go downhill the past two iterations.

Real player motion needs to be fixed, but not eliminated. Taking it out only makes it easier to go back to skating through defenses.

Defense should have the same rules applied to them as the offense. I'm so tired of seeing user defenders being able to run 80 spd LBs with 94 speed WRs or running circles around the middle of the field to cover three different route windows (completely unrealistic). Defensive fatigue and stamina should also be implemented. It makes zero sense that defenses do not tire in Madden.

Every form of speed boost also needs to be taken out. That includes SS abilities and one-cuts (which has become incredibly overpowered now that eveyone knows how to stop on a dime with L2/LT).

Ball carrier moves should not be producing as many slips and ankle breakers as they currently do. That should be reduced with players instead using those moves to get and extra yard or two based on size/speed/momentum and other attributes. Midtackle breaks with SS abilities should also be eliminated until proper sheds and pursuit angles are established.

Overall, though there's a lot I do agree with you on. Unfortunately, it's doubtful any of this is ever implemented. Improved gameplay to EA only matters if they can use it to gain extra microtransactions in MUT.
  • Another new decade of madden.

In this thread I’m going to highlight some key changes I Hope are made.

A lot of the ideas are franchise mode centric but with potential to link with mut.

The main idea is to create an in-depth granular game, with a complete renewal of how animations are triggered while playing a position.

The way to do that is an initial create a player & skill assessment to find the best positional fit/give them positional grades. (This can branch off a lot so I’ll keep it brief.) After they get their positional grades they get to create a player. Traits should be earned but skills should be “trained/spent on”. Spend a base number to solidify player ratings. The current system is cool but it’d be nice for a system to compliment our “hybrid stylized” players/teams users often come up with while playing outside of a few archetypes on every choice of our skill tree.

After the player is created I suggest a cpu based collegiate level skill like in face of franchise to further grade out your player.

Then more traits & drafted into nfl.

Another area of creation is a coach.
    When creating a coach it’d be fun to keep the same positional grade and turn us into a positional coach as we enter nfl. Let us control one positional group & earn our way up through another “entry exam” collegiate fbs, nfl oc/dc etc. there doesn’t need to be too much on the field cutscenes but have in-depth menus & control mechanisms to create a wide variety of play styles.

However the only real way to do any of this is with a Renaissance in how you earn points to upgrade your player, your coach, your coaches players, or even for owners perspective of how players are playing as much as how they’re performing.

How is this done? Mainly from addressing how animations are triggered. Animations to protect against injuries & animation “skill” based on attributes/traits is one thing. But to have random controls or unplayable positions isn’t cool with madden coming into another generation! The 2020s!

The way forward is a simple defining of player movement. I’ve put this idea forward before but the left trigger continuing as a positional “ready/break-down/focus” modifier is great, but it needs to continue & not plateau.

The hardest part is integrating simple skill stick maneuvers with other button modifiers to create a skill tree of earn-able traits after either great performance in beginning or repetitive performance.

The way to link all this in-game/franchise mode stuff is through owner. Now ownership I hope comes with a team creation again, but it’s a hard bridge to cross. How does it occur in franchise? Which team is lost or do you come in with 7 other teams in an imaginary nfl expansion into Canada & Mexico? Maybe 16 teams & a whole division in Europe and Africa, or 32 with Asia.

Maybe we all start as our own teams & we have to accrue money to buy out the big nfl franchises & become an owner. But the control of unis, stadium, coaching staff, players should be still “granular” & in-depth even though I imagine the big problem is nfl & unlicensed jerseys as their own?

So why not partner with nfl & Nike & give ea access to different nfl accepted variations of colors, helmet, jersey, pants, accessories & then mix & match & save the presets for your season or have a chance to lay them out for prime time games.

Stadium wise it’d be interesting to see where to go. But giving each team there own is fun. Again this is where starting with some of this stuff in mut would be fun, but it’ll be ok.

So how do you guys do this financially?
    -Free base game. Play with updated weekly nfl rosters during the year. H2H play now is free.
    -Why? You really want to make the player control great, so you give everyone access to it. Players that maybe wouldn’t spend 60$ to play madden or the 30$/patience to play for free in off-season. This gives you tons of feedback on teaching of positional variations of basic control rules & how their working with different skill levels looking for different things out of the same game.
    -the other two parts? 60$ for franchise & 60$ mut? Subscription? 60$ for year round updated content for both modes/one? 100$ for both? What’s the difference? Create a player? Versus creating an owner/team for mut? While both have ability to use coaching mechanics data of positional coaches/coordinators with affects off & on the field that change the uniqueness of each users approach to the game. While as creators you guys continually try to group us down for better match making & online experience.

It seems like a lot but I think that madden can really take this step forward into the new generation.
  • One key idea is button mapping that does same/similar things for each position.

Example ball in air/catching
    Possession catch, catch on run, diving catch & jumping catch.

It’s nice to have one button that does all for some, but giving the different skill levels & modes could easily protect this barrier.

Also, why not have learning these skills through the created player/coach mode & being given different skill levels...

Ex: created coach
    HC skill level: All-Pro
    DC Skill level: all Madden
    OC skill level: Pro

Ex Created player:
    Qb: Pro
    Rb: Pro
    We: All-pro

Etc.
    This will be key for in-depth, immersive experiences, that are also fun. I can never find a skill level to play at & am only now trying with sliders. I like the competition of all-madden, but the 90% completion, the wr catch radius. The defensive positioning/timing w no physic penalties gets old quick. Perhaps this will help players like me have fun.

At the end of the day this has to also work for Ol/Dl. Every position should be playable. A key to my idea is learning these skills through creating players at these positions As well as the rest
  • make passing fun, maybe with the lines like in the kicking but with passing,with bullet (red-R3-1 button) or touch pass(blue-R3 trigger) you could angle,high-low in front-behind,look off recievers, change recievers by pushing other buttons, circle-trangle-ect(ps4) weather could factor(wind), rookie qb,crowd,shaking the lines,
  • I think the easiest example of lack of utility of controls is as a running back.

There’s stiff arm but a whole different control for putting a hand out on your OL back.

That just doesn’t make sense in creating a viable physics engine to run with. The best way would be all movements are the same actions only made positionally relevant through modifiers & or other buttons.

If you don’t cross this bridge someone else will & their football game or sports games will be so beyond you guys would be in trouble.
  • PLEASE READ: it'll be nice if I can somehow play with our old teams like you guys use to do. I use to be able to play with the 85bears against other old teams. Im not sure if I'm suppose to say this on here but similar to how 2K do it. They have it to where you can play with All-Time bulls with all the greats or they'll let you play with a particular year they were good. That'll be **** crazy!! I wouldn't stop playing and making new franchise modes!

Yes imagine the 85 Bears vs 07 Patriots, these are the matchups we need! In 2k you can take the 95 Bulls and use them in association (franchise basically) and edit other legendary teams in as well, this would bring a whole new dynamic to Madden but EA would never do it because it would take money away from MUT. There’d be no reason to buy packs anymore if you could just play with the greats instead of paying hundreds of dollars for an 86 overall Ray Lewis!

• Choosing your own goals?

As a player/coach what about choosing goals that align with the archetypes instead of being assigned them?
  • In depth player creation:

Coaches, players & owners.

I think we should be welcomed with ea sports Tiburon’s creation central for this new decade.

First, let’s have them create an owner & have that be the new container for some of the initial choices Like favorite team, etc.

Then we go to create a player. Could go a cpl ways:
    -They create any player @ any position & you put them through the rigorous trainer/scoring mechanism that will in the end determine their skill level at that position & at the game as a whole.
    -Or you make them create a specific position that can surmise every position & then give them their grade for the whole game.

After this initial creation their player should be drafted or if they want placed on a team.

Somewhere in this though any player , rookie to all-madden, will progress past initial assessment & should be given a wider berth of control so my idea is the sliding/adapting difficulty scale which grades them out at their position/assessment & then turns them into a coach for appropriate difficulty level.

What does that mean? Positional coaches, into coordinators & into head coach. What do those really entail? control over groups of players or player lock. Now I’m sure off screen, bonus “chemistry” wise will be different, but allowing people to play the proper coach/player positions for their skill level allows for growth & huge potential for fun.

& then The whole point starts to become a great way to welcome & nurture all these people that come to play the little video game y’all work to put together every year...

In my mind we have the 3 created character options, owner/coach/player, with offense & defense skill levels that helps customize matchmaking against the cpu & users.

Ex: you’re head coach has an overall offense has a skill level of Pro while the defense has an all-madden. Break that down & you’ll have positional grades for how you’ve down in those trainers/skill assessments. In game there’s the potential for player locking positional groups to keep them competitive & having fun against the all-madden ai or potentially match-made with others users.

Some difficulties to this:

- player lock on offense, & cpu skill. We’ll want players to have fun but also provide them with a chance to continually improve their skills against the competitive Ai rather than the easy one.

-match making. Knowing that ^ how will you all match make? Based on HC overall, offense/defense? Will there be an indicator pre-game which positions you should play based on skill of opponent? A hard lock out will never fly but it might be something players didn’t know they wanted.

-you find out you’re terrible at a game you’ve played for years & it can be a hard pill to swallow

-might take more than 1 year to implement.
  • What I feel is important to add is on face of franchise make the talk shows go all year, maybe do a different college experience like you can start senior year all year or something. Or you can choose to have a decent senior year on a pro level, bad year on rookie level, and be a heisman award winner on all madden level. Do a longer in depth combine- include a 40 yard dash, bench press, etc. franchise should have a talk show after every week and better halftime shows.
  • I love the combine, it’d be cool to have a madden combine, one which grades you in useful stick skills instead of the actual combine events.
  • I honestly thought madden 20 was the best madden yet. For me, it took a big step forward this year. With that being said, I buy the game strictly for franchise mode to play with my buddies and this mode once again lacks attention and needs major upgrades.
    -Coaching-
    This series has been around long enough that there should be a full coaching carousel. We should be able to have/hire
    Head coach
    Offense Coordinator
    Defense Coordinator
    Special Teams
    Position coaches
    Training staff
    Personnel dept.
    Hire players as coaches when they retire.
    Preseason-Training Camp
    -Bring back training camp - it was a fun interactive way to build up players that you wanted to focus on
    -prior to week 1 of preseason they should let you pick up to 4 position battles in camp/preseason that’s up for grabs. Have week by week comparison stats, etc
    -Holdouts- Every year there’s a player or few that are in contract years that hold out for new contract. Same should be applied here.
    Cut Day- Before final cuts are made. Teams that cut veteran/or surprise players typically try to trade them first. Vice versa. I should be able to see if I can trade someone before flat out cutting them and same for cpu teams.
    -Waiver Claims - just like the NFL... a player that gets cut should go in order of waivers. This isn’t the wild Wild West. The nfl has order so should Madden franchise.
    During the season.
    - Trades/Trade deadline. CPU teams should offer you trades in season as a pop up menu. A revamped trade logic, draft picks are way too easy to obtain. Some players are way too easy today acquire
    - All- Pro Teams
    - Career Stats, Record Stats, All time stats, single season, game, career stats. Top 10/50/100 leaders. Should be way more in depth.
    - Jersey Retirements
    - Playoff Scenario Standings starting at week 8/9.
    - Mock Drafts starting at week 8/9 via bleacherreport, ESPN, Nfl.com
    - Advanced stats
    - Team stats( all time win-losses, playoff record, championships, division titles, conference titles, wins against all 32 individuals opponents head to head, etc
    - Player profiles w career stats & accolades, career earnings.
    In game fixes/updates
    -Play challenging. I should be able to pick what I want to challenge. Madden doesn’t even let you challenge half the time leas alone challenge the call you actually want reviewed.
    -Injuries. Let’s make it seem more realistic w training staff, cart if needed.
    -The crowd- do I even need to say more? It’s looked the same since the first version of madden on PS4. Let’s add some chants, real atmospheres, big moments, real weather with more than 4 basic options, weather delays, if it’s raining? Maybe it stops, or if it’s not snowing but it starts in the 2nd half. Sideline needs more emotion, in depth graphic, currently I see players on sideline w their numbers but no name on the back of the jersey on the sideline.
    -I really liked what they did with the Xfactor. It was a great starting point but it definitely can be improved moving forward with more realistic goals, stats, gameplan. Maybe instead of asking a receiver to get 4tds or 200 yards in a random single game, maybe you have 2 games to have a chance or change it based off a quarter or half season performance.
    Offseason-
    -Personnel positions
    GM
    Director of player personnel
    Assistant
    Analytics
    Head Scout + 3-5 other scouts by region
    -Retirement- talk players out of retirement, option to offer them coaching position or personnel position.
    -Hall of fame- should have a list of nominees then you get to vote your picks, etc, etc. have a hall of game ceremony.
    -The scouting & Draft needs a complete overhaul its so stale. Let’s start by adding a senior bowl, a combine, mock drafts, cpu teams offering realistic trades, rework the whole draft presentation. Following after draft. Have press conference w your rookies (at least 1 & 2nd round picks) and you can choose their jersey numbers during that time.
    -5th year options needed to be tweak with the $$$. Add RFA/UFA. Franchise tag, compensatory picks, more realistic salary cap, budget, financial plan/budget.