EA Forums - Banner

The climate

In past years, PVP matches could take place at night, during the day, in the sun, in the snow, in the rain. This could favor a weaker player or make matches more indecisive.I think that it should be dig to balance certain parts where I repeat it could (according to certain own criteria) advantage the player with a weaker team (in MUT for example). It is a little lacking.

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4773 posts EA Community Manager
    @line0fscrimm

For online ranked games that can cause a run heavy team to go into the game with an advantage for rain/snow. Do you think players would walk away from a loss upset there was an X factor that was outside of their control?
  • Iuckystr1ke
    120 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    @line0fscrimm

For online ranked games that can cause a run heavy team to go into the game with an advantage for rain/snow. Do you think players would walk away from a loss upset there was an X factor that was outside of their control?

I was thinking more of abilities that some players could take or activate. depending on the climate. but without venturing too much. dunno if players saw the snow bowl for exemple and the packers were better than tampa bay. Some teams are better while the climate is hard and some team are strong at covered stadium. The primacy being to have different climates, to diversify the gameplay even without modifying it.
  • Rippers2222
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Do you think players would walk away from a loss upset there was an X factor that was outside of their control?

Isn't the unknown skill level of the opponent and which team they are using X factors that are outside of their control in the first place?
  • EA_Blueberry
    Do you think players would walk away from a loss upset there was an X factor that was outside of their control?

Isn't the unknown skill level of the opponent and which team they are using X factors that are outside of their control in the first place?

Suppose you could see it from that angle too, but any given Sunday my friend. Matchmaking will do it's best to pair you up against someone of equal skill level, but in the end not all your games are going to be completely balanced. Even some of the lowest winning teams in the NFL can still net you wins in Madden if you use each team's gameplay to it's full potential. Arizona only chalked up 5 wins but with Murray, Drake, and Kirk you still have great offensive weapons.

I think it's more about limiting the amount of external factors that you can't control. Do you remember when offensive pass interference calls were in the game and an excess amount of holding calls?
  • Do you think players would walk away from a loss upset there was an X factor that was outside of their control?

Suppose you could see it from that angle too, but any given Sunday my friend. Matchmaking will do it's best to pair you up against someone of equal skill level, but in the end not all your games are going to be completely balanced. Even some of the lowest winning teams in the NFL can still net you wins in Madden if you use each team's gameplay to it's full potential. Arizona only chalked up 5 wins but with Murray, Drake, and Kirk you still have great offensive weapons.

I think it's more about limiting the amount of external factors that you can't control. Do you remember when offensive pass interference calls were in the game and an excess amount of holding calls?

I would rather lose a game with random weather factoring into it than losing to a guy who is spamming the triangle while covering 80% of the field with a linebacker who also gets away with defensive PI as part of his strategy. At least if the weather goes against me, it makes me mix up my game play to offset it.
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Rippers2222

What's your gameplan against players that cover the middle with the linebacker?
  • @Rippers2222

What's your gameplan against players that cover the middle with the linebacker?

I am not posting that in an open forum; I would like it to keep working. But generally speaking, when I pass, hot routes that forces him to make a choice who to cover. And the routes will change from play to play out of the same formation. Keep 'em guessing....

Another legitimate question...why in the past week or so does it feel like I am playing Madden 19 again, especially in the running game? If that was intentional, that is not cool.

And to answer a question from a different thread, if its is a low possession catch that is creating that new diving unstoppable catch animation, they why are there some diving leaps where it works? I played a game the other day against the Bears where Trubisky(!!) was throwing dimes into triple coverage and through my players and his guy was still making the catch. I figured it would catch up to him eventually but it did not.

Why in the last week are AI players in zone just freezing and not reacting to passes they used to defend?
  • EA_Blueberry

Another legitimate question...why in the past week or so does it feel like I am playing Madden 19 again, especially in the running game? If that was intentional, that is not cool.

Can you go into more detail on what you mean by that?

If you have some video of that and the AI players in the zones freezing up that would really help too.
  • Weather would be nice! If everyone is picking the 9ers maybe using Pittsburgh in January could neutralize that. Make the Rainy mist in the 12th man become a factor.
  • Can you go into more detail on what you mean by that?

If you have some video of that and the AI players in the zones freezing up that would really help too.

Everyone knows Madden 19 was terrible for the running game, especially on inside runs. The RB would be like he was running in mud, even if you did not hit the turbo button. Instead of taking the handoff clean and hit the open hole, he'd sit there and stumble or spin his wheels and not move forward, getting a loss to a 2 yard gain when at minimum there was a hole for 5, if not more.

When this game came out, it was fixed and you could run inside again.

Now its back to stumbling and wheel spinning. Outside runs are fine, but running inside feels just like last year.
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Rippers2222

Gotcha. If you're able to toss in a clip here at some point when it's convenient we'll get that raised up to the team for review. Let me know if it's affecting you on specific formations.