EA Forums - Banner

Now I see what everyone means

2Next

Replies

• JPGoinHam wrote: »
    Don't know stats but I bet you McKinney coverage stats are not justified in him keeping up with a reciever down field. But you'll probably say the ball was thrown late 😂

Well... Let's just say that if you were accused of a crime, you'd want me on the jury. After reading posts from Madden players for almost 20 years complaining about things that happen in games, I really need to see the video before I accept that anyone ran step-for step with anyone else. Step for step for the OP and I are probably not the same...

Also, the OP still hasn't said how much separation he expected after 40 yards...

Lastly, you're right. I am going to say the ball probably was thrown late and/or with the wrong arc. From the QB's angle, it will look like a slower defender is running step-for-step with a faster receiver for much of the distance downfield. By the time the receiver gets separation, he's outrun the arm all but the most elite QB's on the game. That can be PROVEN and DUPLICATED, so I'm gonna lean toward what I can prove until I see some evidence showing otherwise.

Later

I already showed evidence of this in other thread 2x's .

Are you PS4 or Xbox?

I would love to play your old self lol

Are you PS4 or Xbox?

I saw footage of Zeke vs Sweat. Pass was on time and the defender was beat, throw didn't have enough air under it.

I'm TNT713 on the PS4. Add me and we can get on the sticks.
    ericedub wrote: »

The throw wasn't late and I lead my WR with the throw. There is no excuses anyone can make its the game. Been going on as far back as when I used t use Wes Welker. Because he wasn't fast he wasn't that good in the game. And fast LB's could cover him all over the field one on one. But in reality he was quick and a great route runner. Top CB had problems covering Welker in real life. All we want is a real life game where skill matters. Why does EA think its ok that the defense can attack the ball as soon as its thrown but WR can't. They just sit there stuck in mud not moving and watch the defender intercept the ball. All the money we pay we have the right to demand change. All the money EA has made off of us yet were still having the same issues year after year.

In the beginning of the year, I threw an interception on about 85% of my deep pass attempts. I lost virtually every 50/50 battle. In videos at my YouTube channel, you'll hear me making the same complaints you made on your original post. You'd think that after 28 years of Madden experience, I'd know how to throw deep, right?

Nah, bruh! That experience is a handicap.

If there's anything I've learned in the past month, it's that 4-5 yards of separation after 40 yards is a stretch with the ratings you mentioned. The SPD difference is only good for a maximum of 3.6 yards of separation after 40 yards. But to get the benefit of that separation you have to throw the ball before the separation, the throw has to be a Lob, lead ahead of the receiver, and use the RAC catch button. If you did everything perfectly, this thread would be very different.

The operative part of the previous paragraph is - I'VE LEARNED. Like you, I pay for Madden every year also, but I do NOT have the same issues year after year. My deep ball is better now - and I didn't have to wait for EA to do a thing.

It's your choice... Get mad or get better.

Later

Are you PS4 or Xbox?

I saw footage of Zeke vs Sweat. Pass was on time and the defender was beat, throw didn't have enough air under it.

The throw wasn't late and I lead my WR with the throw. There is no excuses anyone can make its the game. Been going on as far back as when I used t use Wes Welker. Because he wasn't fast he wasn't that good in the game. And fast LB's could cover him all over the field one on one. But in reality he was quick and a great route runner. Top CB had problems covering Welker in real life. All we want is a real life game where skill matters. Why does EA think its ok that the defense can attack the ball as soon as its thrown but WR can't. They just sit there stuck in mud not moving and watch the defender intercept the ball. All the money we pay we have the right to demand change. All the money EA has made off of us yet were still having the same issues year after year.

In the beginning of the year, I threw an interception on about 85% of my deep pass attempts. I lost virtually every 50/50 battle. In videos at my YouTube channel, you'll hear me making the same complaints you made on your original post. You'd think that after 28 years of Madden experience, I'd know how to throw deep, right?

If there's anything I've learned in the past month, it's that 4-5 yards of separation after 40 yards is a stretch with the ratings you mentioned. The SPD difference is only good for a maximum of 3.6 yards of separation after 40 yards. But to get the benefit of that separation you have to throw the ball before the separation, the throw has to be a Lob, lead ahead of the receiver, and use the RAC catch button. If you did everything perfectly, this thread would be very different.

The operative part of the previous paragraph is - I'VE LEARNED. Like you, I pay for Madden every year also, but I do NOT have the same issues year after year. My deep ball is better now - and I didn't have to wait for EA to do a thing.

Later

The thing is when I use the touchpass, I can not control my reciever he will just run in straight line. Lob pass will give safety plenty of time to catch up.. and believe it or not I complete 85-90 percent of my passes, I have no problem throwing ball. I use Dak Prescott as if he's Tom Brady lol

And I will add you later tonight. Would be fun to go against your experience.
    JPGoinHam wrote: »

Are you PS4 or Xbox?

Later

The thing is when I use the touchpass, I can not control my reciever he will just run in straight line. Lob pass will give safety plenty of time to catch up.. and believe it or not I complete 85-90 percent of my passes, I have no problem throwing ball. I use Dak Prescott as if he's Tom Brady lol

Stream lol
  • tosstamer1 wrote: »

Are you PS4 or Xbox?

Later

Stream lol

Bet lol
  • At least you guys can play the broken game. My game hard locks after every Franchise game on PC and I have to completely close all the windows and restart the game every time.
  • So here's my first game since moving to my new apartment... I've queued this up to my first deep pass attempt. Gotta thank tosstamer1 again for inspiring the research into the video that made this bomb possible. My earlier game bomb attempts were HORRIBLE.

Silky... YES, I still use CAM (without his abilities). Yes, my opponent spams the onside kick (never gets one), and YES you will see my philosophy regarding the Madden software in full bloom as I'm playing the game.

Holla!

Later
  • iKGeezie wrote: »
    If you want a wider gap between fast and slow players, go into the sliders and put the min speed thresh hold down, I put mine down 20-35 points every year, so the fast players are actually fast. lol

Kind of hard to explain that in a 32 member CFM league... that also takes away from skills and makes speed the end all be all like past Maddens... EA has to figure something out with quickness a d change of direction for larger players

Speed is King. That's why a dude like Tyreek Hill blows past everyone. Even adjusting the speed threshold, other skills still matter though. I'm not sure how "hey guys, the default slider is messed up, we're changing it to 25 or 30 for more realistic plays" is hard.
  • footwork lateral movement agility acceleration awareness

• Totally agreed, every other aspect of our lives is controlled by something... can we just have a game.... it’s so noticeable, I can’t believe someone thought that predetermined outcomes would be “fun”.... it really does suck cause it’s a cool game, haven’t played madden in years but I don’t remember them fixing games. It be super awesome if they can get some kinda add on or something to stop that algorithm or other smart people stuff! I just wanna play football😕
  • kennylc76 wrote: »
    This has always been one of my biggest complaints about this game. I am not exactly sure what the whole "speed threshold" thing is doing but I regularly get slow defenders covering my fast receivers.

One of the things EA taught me is that as long as the CB has a Cover 3 or Cover 4 assignment, he will always be able to backpedal and cover a fast WR

Right now I'm writing a series of articles about zone coverage, and a deep zone defender begins his backpedal while receivers are approaching his zone from a 22-25 yard depth. On a deep streak, the WR and DB aren't 'even' until around the 32-35 yard mark before turning to run once the ball is in the air. A QB would need to be able to throw the ball about 65-70 yards in the air to out-throw the coverage. I think there are only 2-5 QB's on the game with that type of arm.

I'll let you know when the series of articles is ready...

Later
    kennylc76 wrote: »
    This has always been one of my biggest complaints about this game. I am not exactly sure what the whole "speed threshold" thing is doing but I regularly get slow defenders covering my fast receivers.

One of the things EA taught me is that as long as the CB has a Cover 3 or Cover 4 assignment, he will always be able to backpedal and cover a fast WR

Right now I'm writing a series of articles about zone coverage, and a deep zone defender begins his backpedal while receivers are approaching his zone from a 22-25 yard depth. On a deep streak, the WR and DB aren't 'even' until around the 32-35 yard mark before turning to run once the ball is in the air. A QB would need to be able to throw the ball about 65-70 yards in the air to out-throw the coverage. I think there are only 2-5 QB's on the game with that type of arm.

Later

Later

Later

Later

Maybe I missed it was the article done on zone coverages released. This seems very interesting. Thanks for the insight.

• He disappeared back in like November. Guess he couldn’t defend the game any longer.
  • bbrewer23goblue
    139 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Lol ppl that say get good, you are hillarious, how about ill pass because im too busy making money and i have a life outside of video games......later lol

Are you PS4 or Xbox?

Later

Of course you are going to defend this lol you literally have madden in your name.....if i was on a jury?....Ever hear of Conflict of interest...... so sorry