EA Forums - Banner

Nano out of the 1-4-6 formation

Prev1

Can y’all please fix this. I am getting screamed at on a 4 man blitz while I am blocking 6-7 people each time. And don’t you say is because of my O lineman because I have three superstars on the line while he only have one X factor on his line

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4405 posts EA Community Manager
    @Jeremiah757

Thanks for the screenshots. Did you happen to record a video clip as well? Helps us gauge how quickly they got in to determine a nano blitz.

On those plays you have an early tell the outside linebacker on the left will be blitzing in. Audible both your receivers on the left to slants going to the right. Have your TE run a streak. If you pass it quickly to the inside receiver the other receiver above him might be able to pick up a block for you.

In these situations you'll have to get the ball out quickly with route adjustments on the fly. If you throw in a WR in motion and hike it when they're inside your lineman they can also help buy you a little more protection.
  • hawk4813
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    It's not a nano dude. You can keep an RB in to block (on same side blitz is run from - not the opposite side like your slides), slide your line, run TE sets, run Gun split sets with two RB on either sides or a combo of all 4. Your opponent isn't obligated to give you 4-sec to throw and just because your line in stock formation can't block up an edge blitz doesn't mean it's a nano. Every good player knows the fix to this and doesn't have issues. It's not a nano.
  • If he only blitzing 4 and I am blocking 6-7 why should I change my formation. I slide the protection and ID the Mike the entire game and he still came in untouch with superstar lineman
  • Because Madden doesn't have individual assignments for O-lineman. So with an edge blitz, you need to shift your line or leave an RB back there to pick it up. It has nothing to do with how good your LT/RT is, it has nothing to do with how many you have blocking, and it's not a nano. There's multiple solutions to this and it has everything to do with where your personnel is.
  • Again hawk Mr know it all I which my HB to to that side I shaded the D line to that side I ID the mike on one side then shift the line to the other side. What’s your excuse now for a 4 man blitz instant sack.

• EA_Blueberry
    @Jeremiah757

Throw square or triangle on a flat to the left and you instantly pick up 7+ yards.
  • @Jeremiah757

Throw square or triangle on a flat to the left and you instantly pick up 7+ yards.

Tuff read because on that cover 2 he can put hard flats and that 6 to the house and anything else I will get sacked
  • And what about the 4 man blitz itself. How it come in u touched against 6-7 blockers
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Jeremiah757

Fully understand your point on how there should be more time in the pocket when you have that many blockers . The LG could have moved over faster (including the RB), so we'll consider that perspective and relay it to the team.

My best recommendation for a blitz like that is to move your RB to the left side and swing him out while putting your receive on a flat. You should still be able to pick up yards even if they switch to Cover 2. Motion the RB to the sideline so it forces the DB up a bit for you to still pass to the receiver.

Good luck this weekend.
  • You can also double-team that blitzer and they will pick it up most of the time my guy. My main point is, most good players have figured this puzzle out already and there are multiple fixes. I will list them again:

1. Double team that blitzer and leave your RB opposite to pick up the guy left unblocked coming from the other side as a result of the double team.
    2. Slide your line to the side of the blitz and leave your RB opposite to pick up the guy left unblocked coming from the other side as a result of the double team.
    3. Use a formation that has a TE on the edge blocking that guy and if you want to be extra careful, throw an RB over there too. Gun Ace works well.
    4. Use Gun Split formations which flanks two RB at your sides.

I am not trying to be mean honestly. But you are complaining about not being able to solve an issue most players have already found a solution for. You are acting as if I, or any other player, don't come across the same thing and beat it almost every game. No Madden is perfect, but it's on the user to solve the problem and this problem has multiple solutions. If it were a nano like in the past where people were pinching their line and the DT was coming in untouched I'd agree with you, but this scenario isn't even close to that. Hope my suggestions help.
  • Why would he have to double team a blitzer just for the rusher to be acknowledged when he is sliding the line and a RB is on that side that is just running at the center but supposed to be blocking the edge?

Stop defending bad gameplay lol Sure there is away around most things in madden, but if someone is bringing attention to bad gameplay why are you defending it?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @tosstamer1

I don't think @hawk4813 is ignoring that there should always be better improvements to AI for blitzes, however it's up to you whether you want to take any helpful advice given here to help alleviate some of the frustration you're experiencing from these type of blitzes. I can't guarantee there will be any major core gameplay AI changes coming around the corner to make things easier for you in regards to this topic, but if @hawk4813 is claiming these counters work it's probably good advice to consider if it's going to help you put up 6 points on your next drive.
  • Well of course all madden player know you have to play madden ball to counter things rather than real football adjustments since no player is programmed with awareness nor logic. He's pointing out that that shouldn't be the case and you said not to expect any fixes down the line; so all and all, he's wasting his time with this post.
  • Ya, correct, there shouldn't be any faulty AI in a perfect world. But it's a video game so it's up to the user to find the fix. And there's multiple. And imo this isn't faulty AI because the DE is occupying the T and if there's no one outside of that the DB is going to come in off the edge. Just like real life. And just like real life, you can neutralize it many ways. Put a TE on that edge like in Gun Ace Slot and you are good.
  • botravis
    203 posts Member
    That would be a good idea but now you’re taking men out of the routes and keep in mind it’s still 6 more DB’s in the Secondary with only 3 men on routes. That’s another reason why people pick I-Form and run right left middle.
  • botravis wrote: »
    That would be a good idea but now you’re taking men out of the routes and keep in mind it’s still 6 more DB’s in the Secondary with only 3 men on routes. That’s another reason why people pick I-Form and run right left middle.

Exactly. This year, I literally put a back up offensive tackle at TE because I never can send him on a route due to getting sacked in like 1 second.

Dudes in my connected franchise are always like “well if you just block the TE and RB you’ll stop the 4-5 man blitz” and it’s like dude, that leaves 3 on routes vs 7. Should simply choosing a blitz play be so lobsided?

And you’re totally right. That’s one of the reasons ppl just run lol why pass when you’re at a disadvantage?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @tosstamer1

If you audible to an empty backfield and throw a couple receivers on a shallow crossing route your opponent is going to stop those silly non-stop blitzes real fast. Just keep chipping 3-4 yards a play.
  • @tosstamer1

If you audible to an empty backfield and throw a couple receivers on a shallow crossing route your opponent is going to stop those silly non-stop blitzes real fast. Just keep chipping 3-4 yards a play.

Go empty on madden 20 with the super D-line, awful O-line play, and 3 second QB windups to throw a 3 yard route? Yea right lol
  • EA_Blueberry
    @tosstamer1

Do you like the mountain swing passes to the RB? Those work out quite well under situations like you're describing. I usually go with the passing plays a couple times and then save the screen for the red zone.