EA Forums - Banner

VIDEO: Patrick Mahomes no-look, full speed right, full crossbody throw to the left for 62.3yds!

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/biggamejamescw/video/91953810

So this guy I just played just tried this throw on me. I used the ole Pythagorean Theorem to find out the distance. 62.3yds. Peep the replay as well to see the no-look. Mahomes is so OP haha.

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4802 posts EA Community Manager
    Throwing across the field is dangerous for any QB though. Great job clicking onto the DB to help break up the diving catch.
  • You have no idea!!! This is the Absolute CHEESIEST thing going on in the gm of madden right now. EVERYONE picks Mahomes and throw Glitchy routes that manipulate your zone. You can’t QB contain so he rolls hard to the sideline and throw 80 yards downfield. SO why not Manually guard it?? Because Mecole Hardman is running out of the Zone in the opposite direction. With any other team it’s no problem because it forces a bad throw....But with the chiefs it’s a perfect pass everytime. It’s SOOO CORNY! it’s actually a guy in the Top 100 that’s on a 130 gm winstreak doing this tactic. Let that manifest in your thoughts...130 straight Wins.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4802 posts EA Community Manager
    @botravis

Send your CB on the right side in on a blitz if they keep rolling out that way. Mahomes will have to go left and throw against his body which is going to be tough to avoid an interception. Take control of the safety and bring him down over the slot or TE to cover the middle a bit. If the TE or slot receiver are on the left side try to move your safety back and forth so your opponent focuses on that side of the field early on. Then drop your safety back to the right side.

Next time you come across that play though can you record it and share it here for us to review?
  • @botravis

Send your CB on the right side in on a blitz if they keep rolling out that way. Mahomes will have to go left and throw against his body which is going to be tough to avoid an interception. Take control of the safety and bring him down over the slot or TE to cover the middle a bit. If the TE or slot receiver are on the left side try to move your safety back and forth so your opponent focuses on that side of the field early on. Then drop your safety back to the right side.

Next time you come across that play though can you record it and share it here for us to review?

I'll record it for you next time someone does it. Your analysis makes sense if the AI wasn't so manipulatable in this game. Because my opponent can pick up that blitz with a TE and then if you cover deep they can still roll out and put Kelce on a corner. And when they roll hard to the side the CB in that zone won't pick up Kelce and he can hit him on the sideline. And you can't user it because you have to cover deep post on Hill or a crossing route with Hardman. And even with Sherman, he can't man Kelce, so that doesn't work. And if by some miracle you stop it, they use a delay fade with the other TE and Mahomes whips it to the opposite hash on a rope. The "QB contain" option is honestly the most useless thing in this game -- the DE or LB's don't go wide at all to keep QBs inside. You have to have 4-5 guys on the line in formations that allow you to spread super wide to have a chance. But that only leaves 6-guys to cover. I'd adopt this offense and use KC myself -- but I don't want to completely sell out haha.

And again, just so you know, I have played Madden since 1993 and am probably a top-10ish guy not counting pros, so I am super experienced with the game. There's like 3-5 ppl I have issues with and they all use KC and run this system.
  • botravis
    203 posts Member
    True stuff Hawk!