EA Forums - Banner

Madden 21 Wishlist

Replies

• - Emphasize H2H gameplay.

- Provide in-depth stats from each game, compare and display records, more online tourneys and make accessibled. All for H2H

- Takeout superstar skill. Its abusive when d linemen gain their abilities.

- Keep on verifying skill-based matchmaking: better players you beat in H2H, the better players you match up with

- Improve ai player football IQ such as same play being called repeatedly recognition (Would emphasize that as a rating maybe).

- Include friends list leaderboard rankings with incentives. Such as win ratio equals credits that can improve your game badge, logo, Madden home etc. Jus something of that nature maybe even get MUT money for your wins? Basically, incentives that will incline more people to play H2H.

- Madden "my player"???? Use your player to do online 7 v 7s, 1 v 1s, franchise mode/superstar inclusion ; H2H wins and records, stats etc gives players "currency" to dress player, get abilities etc (you know what I'm getting at lol)

- Presentation wise, scouting reports early in your H2H games would be pretty cool, show off the stats and some tendencies of your opponent (Show some stuff as long as it keeps integrity and its not gamebreaking)

- BUT THE BIGGEST ONE: TAKE OUT THE "SHOWING THE LAST PLAY CALLED" FEATURE NEXT TO THE PLAYBOOK IN H2H. Super annoying and Madden was better without it. Your opponent shouldn't be able to know the last play you called even if it is just on offense.

- Perhaps continue or show record/stats from the previous Madden(s) by linking EA account to show total career body of work.

I know it may be a little late for a couple of these to be attended to for Madden 21 but some are defintely easy adjustments and additions. Please consider. Thanks.
  • There are so many things that need improving; The one thing that would help given that nothing else changes, to bring the NCAA style no huddle play calling. No huddle is a big part of NFL and the online community.
  • eliy06
    1 posts New member
    My madden 21 wishlist.
    QB1
    First thing we need is to have more of a story in this. You need to be able to participate in stuff off the field for example like buying a house or a car so that our contract actually means something. Next we should be able to talk to other teams and sign to other places than the like 7 possible teams we can sign to.
    A town should he involved something outside of just football make it like an actually QB experience.
    There needs to be a weight room things to do so we can upgrade other stats other than jus the 4 options.
    Let us choose our agent not one that was just given to us.
    Have an actually assistant coach make it different for each team.
    Please add in an award ceremony or something to make winning the Super Bowl or MVP meaningful.
    Lastly add in color visors and player relationships.
  • JayD24
    75 posts Member
    For future Maddens. Fix the Online Head to Head Rankings bug. That glitches out online players records and stats that they can compare to someone else's after playing them. No one online can tell how good they are anymore, because we can even tell what our rankings are anymore after a win or a loss, because of the game glitching out and erasing our online numbers. That solution has to be improved, and needs a huge emphasis placed on it for future maddens going forward...
  • What we want for Madden 21

1. Formation logic/player. Meaning if I am in a 1-4-6 or any pass defense formation I shouldn’t be stopping the run at all or getting any blockshed no matter the player. Or if I am in a 5-2 then it should be a lot harder to run the ball and should see more sheds in that defense. You guys had it backwards this year the heavy defensive sets are the worst to have against the run. Please add logic.

2. Be able to set our own controller setting. Let’s keep it real the major change we had to the controller setting allowing us to view ablities and X factors while in game was a big L. Nobody uses it and it was a complete waste. I would like to have more control on what adjustments I can set just like in CFM before the game. Have the ablities to take out things and add things this is also a skill.

3. Tournament mode. Allowing people to do tournaments a 8 to 16 bracket or something. It a lot of trash talking in madden but you don’t have enough for CFM but big enough to do a tourney. Where you can only use one team through the tournament and also allow the commish to ban certain teams for use.

4. Tackling. Tackling is horrible in this game you are within centimeters of someone and you hit complete air. And the guy coming in on the 2nd or gang tackle is not registering or something for example my hit a HB and the HB is falling forward and I come in and hit him and it don’t even register and he keeps continue falling forward. Make the defense feel so flimsy.

5. Reaction time on run D. For example I had a Safety he was still backing up on a run play when the ball carrier was 4 yards down the field. They need to be more aware

6. Footing on defense. I have had plenty of time where I slightly bumped a player and my defensive guy falls down. On defense they feel so flimsy and fake.

7. Running in to offensive line. If you going to make defensive players so flimsy then you need to do the same with the HB. Plenty of time people just run into they offensive line because they know they can get a animation or it allowed them to avoid tackles. I know you guys said you fix that but it a lie.

8. Draft champions/ salary cap for CFM. This would be a cool feature to add to CFM. It’s a quick way to Do a fantasy draft. And slaray cap is a easy way to keep teams balanced and instead of overpowered.

9. Be able to chose your abilities in CFM. For example I throw a lot of out routes but madden gave me the wrong ability and gave me crosser. We should be allowed to chose our ablities

10. CFM XP. Please go back to the old XP upgrades where we can chose what we want to do with our points. The random crap that we hav is horrible and you are taking our scheme away.

11. Traits. Why can’t we change or upgrade traits in CFM. Just bring back the old version of XP points for players in CFM.

12. Scrimmage match in CFM it will be cool that we can play each other team in CFM. I want to lab with someone To get better or test out my team.

13. Development trait. This was a complete bust normal, Star, superstar and X factor should have levels and ablities. You did that for superstar and X factor but not for star. Their was no difference between normal and Star they was the same. I have a idea each development should have a ability slot only normal should have none. This will help for people like Qb Murray who y’all didn’t give ecape artist to all year because he wasn’t a superstar. He allow him to be him while leaving room for improvement.

14. Fantasy draft for CFM. We all know it take at least two days to draft a team WHY CANT WE SET A DRAFT BOARD. Considering it’s hard to have 32 users on for that long.

15. Reacting to the ball. It have been plenty of times that a player make a bad pass and my defender would just stand there and won’t jump at all. This have been a common problem for everyone. Player postion, strength and jumping all should come into play.

17. Zones. In training mode please explain what zone work against certain routes or at least the most common routes (corner, post, out, drags) the training program you have now is just broken and it is complete trash. What do a purple, cloud or vert hook yellow vs a hook curl yellow zone. And the pro and con of each zone. That’s what we need training on.

18. Possession catch or catching in general. Possession catch is broke. There have been plenty of times where I catch a ball in the enzone his feet touch the ground and then get hits hit and he jump back up again and drop the ball🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️.

19. blitzing. You guys have done a great job setting up blitz from the NFL but it end of hurting madden because people turn it into nano blitzing. NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO MOVE A BLITZING PLAYER MANUEL. that’s nano 101 1-4-6 blitz would be so cheesy if you didn’t allow people to move players to the line of scrimmage.

20. Not allow runners to motion snap for extra blocking. Allowing people to motion snap is causing confusion with the AI

• A new ability for Centers:

Blitz Pick-Up: The ability to partially engage/delay one interior blitzer while blocking a DT.

And, again, for RB's and TE's, a Chip Block ability.
  • JayD24
    75 posts Member
    For future maddens. As far as online play goes. When someone has their microphone in and they are talking on the other end. I should be able to hear that person on the other end whether I have a microphone in my ear or im just listening to them on the other end without a microphone. Also, I should be given the option to mute that person on the other end if I dont want to hear them talk the entire time while playing them online. On Madden 20, you cant even hear the person your playing on the other end, unless you put your earpiece in your ear, and then and only then are you able to hear the person your playing....
  • Samop
    16 posts Member
    Please change weather in new Madden 21. We need weather prediction pre match in Franchise cloud mode. The leagues must have the option to change their weather. Introduce check with superstar abilitiy off/on to change weather.
    Influence in the game of weather. Snow, rain, strong wind, cold. Temperature adjust please...
  • blinkfan18211
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Greetings, everyone. Well here we are, gearing up for the latest release in EA’s football gaming endeavors. After reading and watching an innumerable amount of reviews, it’s safe to say that Madden 20 has not resonated well with actual gamers. My last purchases were Madden 13,16, and 19 and it’s safe to say (unfortunately) nothing has improved. It is NOT a simulation style football game no matter how much they tout it to be. For example:

A)Pass protection is non-existent. There is no reason for a line with 80+ ratings across should be giving up 5-6-7 sacks every single game. There is no semblance of a pocket whatsoever.

B)QBs fumble all the time when they are outside of the pocket and attempt to scramble. If you don’t slide, you fumble. It’s just how it is, which isn’t the case when you watch football on Sunday.

C)The game is dependent on poor animations. The user has basically no control of the outcome of a play. What the game has been programmed to do on a single play, is what happens. You can throw a pass and the AI CB will become superman and intercept the ball, while your WR just stands there and lets it happen. OL allow CPU DL to go right past them which result in a sack. This is not realistic.

D)Turnovers happen way too frequently. It is practically impossible to ever get through a game without multiple turnovers, let alone 1 or 0. People shouldn’t be committing or getting 30+ turnovers every season in franchise mode.

E)The challenge system is atrocious. It is beyond broken. I’ve never won a challenge in Madden, and I’ve never seen anyone win a challenge in the videos I’ve watched in Madden 20. There would be clear cut instances where a challenge should fall in your favor, but it just doesn’t. The only challenges that work are ones that are initiated by the game itself. Again, this is poor and lazy programming.

F)The CPU AI is still dreadful. It’s not realistic when a CPU player has a wide open lane to run in, but instead the juke or spin and thusly get tackled.

G)The superstar X-Factor is nothing more than a gigantic marketing scam by EA so they can tout new features while ignoring to improve key features that would make the game more realistic. How realistic is it that a QB after completing a two 50yard passes can trigger the bomb mode? If anything, a QB would be tired and would have more difficulty throwing a bomb, yet in EA’s infinite wisdom, they think it will ‘power’ them up! Horribly unrealistic and it does not appeal to gamers who have a brain.

H)Franchise mode is always ignored when it comes to updates. EA says they don’t have the funds/resources time and time again, but come on, we know that’s not true. They just decide to put in their money and efforts into Madden Ultimate Team which is total garbage and isn’t realistic football at all.

I)The game still suffers from constant glitches in various ways. I’m not going to sit here and name them all as we’ve all seen them.

J)The create/relocate feature is laughable at best. It is the same teams/logos/locations, every single year. If that’s not lazy, I don’t know what is?

So how can EA attempt to fix some things? Well there’s a lot of things EA can do to improve Madden this year and on the next generation of gaming systems. Let’s explore:

A)A complete re-haul from the ground up. Fix the glitches and shoddy animations that dictate the game. I’m not one of those guys who just say ‘Madden stinks’ and ‘2K can do no wrong’ etc, etc, but when you look at games like 2K5 and APF 2K8, those are true simulation football games where animations don’t dictate the outcome of the games. It’s up to the user to defeat the CPU and not to succumb to animations. If anything, these games show that it truly is possible to have a realistic simulation football game. For whatever reason, EA has chosen not to board that train. Come on, EA we all know you have the money to create a realistic football game. So let’s use all that Madden card pack money and put it to some good use for once :)

B)Give us a better preshow and post show. Again I’m going to reference 2K5 as well as, NBA 2K. We were given highlights at halftime on the PS2! There is no reason why a PS4 and a future PS5 isn’t cable of doing that. It’s all part of the immersion experience. We got a weekly Sportscenter wrap up at the end of every week in franchise in 2K5. Again no reason why we can’t have that now. Look at NBA 2K with their preshow, halftime, post-shows. It adds realism to the game which gamers love to see. How about give us press-conferences in franchise mode instead of text questions from the media on the screen? Seeing our head coach in the office walking around or on the computer, just doesn’t cut it. If you want Madden to be a simulation style football game, which you claim you do, then how about giving us something realistic?

C)Scouting and free agency is awful. How about a complete re-haul for those? How about sending scouts to the northeast or southwest to scout schools in that area, in order to gain more knowledge on players from those schools? Then another week send scouts to the southeast, for schools like LSU and Alabama, to get a closer look at those players? We would have to pick and choose where to send people, but then we would be privy to the information on everyone who attends the combine, like in real life.

D)Free agency- A lot of different factors fall into how someone signs with a team. Some go for the money, some go for a winning franchise, and some take a home town discount, and while some just refuse to play for a certain team. Make these things matter in FA. Then give us specifics in the contracts. Front loaded, back loaded… incentives! How cool would it be to give incentives in a contract?! Say we have a struggling, yet talented pass rusher? Let us include a double digit sack incentive! That could boost his moral which in turn gives him a slight ratings boost!

E)Player ratings can be improved. Give us a better training camp and weekly preparations for teams to increase their ratings. Improve regression as well, some of the regression is horribly implemented. If a player later in their career wins multiple end of season awards, their ratings shouldn’t regress. I’m not saying they should improve, but sheesh, losing 30-50 points total across various traits isn’t realistic, if they just won awards!

F)Give us a coaching carousel and the ability to hire coordinators that have influence on player traits.

G)New player limitations!.. Say your QBs catch the injury bug and you need to go to the FA market and bring someone in.. The whole playbook shouldn’t be available to them or to any player who is new. That’s just not realistic, especially for QBs. It takes time to learn the plays.

H)Stat tracking, it still bewilders me that stat tracking still isn’t in the game. You look at a player card and you don’t see where the guy played in previous seasons. This content was available on PS2 Madden games and now it’s gone?! Then the in season stats don’t show who the opponent was each week.. Yikes! Where are the historical stats?! A top 10 really doesn’t cut the mustard in 2020, hate to break it to you! Give us individual team leaders in all the categories. Give us past Super Bowl Champions. The lack of stat tracking is pure laziness on EA developers.

I)How about give us a home field advantage of sorts? It should be hard to go into Green Bay in the playoffs and win. It should be difficult to play in Seattle due to their crowd noise.

J)How about different presentations for Sunday, Thursday, Sunday Night, and Monday night games? MLB The Show has multiple scoreboard and presentation layouts, why can’t Madden? Sunday night and Monday night football scoreboards look different than the Sunday afternoon scoreboards and player screens.

K)How about some flex scheduling in franchise mode? If two teams have a certain winning record, bump that game into the Sunday night spot.

L) Finally, give us more customization. Allow for better community creations and sharing capabilities. Allow us to have custom leagues in franchise. What if we want to add teams to the league? Give us the chance to add teams to the league in franchise. Let us realign the divisions if need be. Let us create our own stadiums. The 2K community creations is wonderful! Give us something like that. The creations in 2K are endless.. the teams, logos, arena, jerseys.. all of which could be used in franchise mode. In Madden we're stuck with the same 'created' teams to choose from. Give us immersion, give us the gift of creativity.

These are just a few things wrong/ways to improve Madden for the future. For whatever reason, Madden continues to ignore things and place blame for shortcomings on lack of funds. But yet they continue to pour money into the unrealistic Madden Ultimate team, and the Migos feature?… What the heck is that, who asked for that? I can only imagine the money they had to shell out to incorporate those figures into the game. If EA truly cares about their gamers they will incorporate and improve everything on this list and then some. There are a lot of things that I left out which could be improved and incorporated. I hereby throw the challenge flag to EA to listen to true gamers who love football and want a realistic game. A game that focuses on improving gameplay and franchise mode to make it realistic and a true simulation (It has been done before on previous systems, so it can be done now), rather than just pour more money into MUT which is nothing more than a marketing scam, whilst ignoring everything that is currently wrong with the game. The challenge flag has been thrown, here’s hoping unlike in your game, this challenge is winnable :)

Thank you to all of those who took the time to read this.
  • blinkfan18211
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    ^ Hopefully people still see this since it's been moved. Got to love EA moving and sticking all of these in one giant thread rather than allowing them to stand on their own in order to generate more discussion. It's all a ploy to silence us who are pushing for change. Stand alone threads which generate lots of discussion from people who generate too much attention. Large threads are easily ignored. :)
    Post edited by blinkfan18211 on
  • EA_Blueberry
    4802 posts EA Community Manager
    ^ Hopefully people still see this since it's been moved. Got to love EA moving and sticking all of these in one giant thread rather than allowing them to stand on their own in order to generate more discussion. It's all a ploy to silence us who are pushing for change. Stand alone threads which generate lots of discussion from people who generate too much attention. Large threads are easily ignored. :)

@blinkfan18211

I will let a post sit for a bit to see if it creates a discussion, but if there aren't any replies under it for some days I'll move it to the wishlist so we have it added to this megalist which makes it easier for the team to digest all the topic pieces of feedback players want to see. It's not in any way to silence players. If anything, it helps because your post may eventually get lost in the shuffle as more posts are created and yours is sent further down the pages.

These wishlists are intended to be constructive with discussions surrounding each one's ideas though. I'm not stopping anyone from chatting with each other. In regards to your post, I do want to thank you for how in-depth you went, highlighted areas of the game that concern you, and added a section on how you would improve it. Looks professional, or as we would say it "All-Madden." ;)

I think a lot of the points you mentioned at the top are community wide concerns that we've seen throughout the year on these forums from what I've been observing. You summed it up quite well and I'm under the impression you're a big franchise mode player based off the presentation features you want. Totally on board with you about home field advantages though, would be nice to see certain stadiums with their on X-factor abilities that can affect the opposing team. Maybe teams that aren't known to have 12 man crowds like Seattle can develop their own stadium X-Factor as their season progresses. Food for thought!

Thanks for sharing the feedback! We'll continue to relay constructive threads up to the team to be aware of. See you on the field!
  • mightymidget414
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    We need to be able to create our own teams!!! I am tired of only being able to relocate and choose from a few predetermined names, logos, and jerseys. Please add a create a team feature like NHL, so we can customize our own name, logo, and jerseys. Please add this to Franchise mode as well so when you relocate you can customize everything like logos, jerseys, names etc. Maybe also make it so you can be an expansion team so you don't have to start out as a already existing team and wait a year to relocate and play as your new team.

Also, I really like the Face of the Franchise mode. It is something I have been waiting for for a long time in all sport games. I would change a couple things though, first a longer college career would be nice so you could play a full career in college or at least one full season. The other change would be more cut scenes and off the field stuff. I loved the cut scenes and off the field action during the short college career but was very dissapointed when I found out there were no cut scenes during your pro career and the only off field action was some texts here and there. Please continue cut scenes and off field stuff throughout our whole career. The last feedback I have for FOF is in relation to player customization, (this one is much less important but still something that would be a good addition) it would be nice if there were more hair options, especially medium and long, and it would also be nice if you could choose the length of your beard, so if you liked a style you could make it whatever length you want.
  • ^ Hopefully people still see this since it's been moved. Got to love EA moving and sticking all of these in one giant thread rather than allowing them to stand on their own in order to generate more discussion. It's all a ploy to silence us who are pushing for change. Stand alone threads which generate lots of discussion from people who generate too much attention. Large threads are easily ignored. :)

@blinkfan18211

I will let a post sit for a bit to see if it creates a discussion, but if there aren't any replies under it for some days I'll move it to the wishlist so we have it added to this megalist which makes it easier for the team to digest all the topic pieces of feedback players want to see. It's not in any way to silence players. If anything, it helps because your post may eventually get lost in the shuffle as more posts are created and yours is sent further down the pages.

These wishlists are intended to be constructive with discussions surrounding each one's ideas though. I'm not stopping anyone from chatting with each other. In regards to your post, I do want to thank you for how in-depth you went, highlighted areas of the game that concern you, and added a section on how you would improve it. Looks professional, or as we would say it "All-Madden." ;)

I think a lot of the points you mentioned at the top are community wide concerns that we've seen throughout the year on these forums from what I've been observing. You summed it up quite well and I'm under the impression you're a big franchise mode player based off the presentation features you want. Totally on board with you about home field advantages though, would be nice to see certain stadiums with their on X-factor abilities that can affect the opposing team. Maybe teams that aren't known to have 12 man crowds like Seattle can develop their own stadium X-Factor as their season progresses. Food for thought!

Thanks for sharing the feedback! We'll continue to relay constructive threads up to the team to be aware of. See you on the field!

@NatureBoy2323

My initial post was moved in a matter of hours as opposed to days, but I otherwise appreciate the professional response. I did put some thought into my post, in hopes the details won't go unnoticed. I, as well as, many others are hoping for some major strides to be taken this year.

• NatureBoy2323
    3704 posts Game Changer
    edited May 2020

@blinkfan18211

@NatureBoy2323

My initial post was moved in a matter of hours as opposed to days, but I otherwise appreciate the professional response. I did put some thought into my post, in hopes the details won't go unnoticed. I, as well as, many others are hoping for some major strides to be taken this year.

Like EA_Blueberry said, a single wish list thread on it's own while we already have an eight page wish list thread will drop to the bottom of the forums rather quickly. By placing your post here, it gives it a much better chance of being seen by others. Hope that helps.
  • eliy06 wrote: »
    My madden 21 wishlist.
    QB1
    First thing we need is to have more of a story in this. You need to be able to participate in stuff off the field for example like buying a house or a car so that our contract actually means something. Next we should be able to talk to other teams and sign to other places than the like 7 possible teams we can sign to.
    A town should he involved something outside of just football make it like an actually QB experience.
    There needs to be a weight room things to do so we can upgrade other stats other than jus the 4 options.
    Let us choose our agent not one that was just given to us.
    Have an actually assistant coach make it different for each team.
    Please add in an award ceremony or something to make winning the Super Bowl or MVP meaningful.
    Lastly add in color visors and player relationships.

Definitely need all of this. Especially the color visors
  • ^ Hopefully people still see this since it's been moved. Got to love EA moving and sticking all of these in one giant thread rather than allowing them to stand on their own in order to generate more discussion. It's all a ploy to silence us who are pushing for change. Stand alone threads which generate lots of discussion from people who generate too much attention. Large threads are easily ignored. :)

@blinkfan18211

@NatureBoy2323

Like EA_Blueberry said, a single wish list thread on it's own while we already have an eight page wish list thread will drop to the bottom of the forums rather quickly. By placing your post here, it gives it a much better chance of being seen by others. Hope that helps.

@EA_Blueberry @NatureBoy2323
    Ahh, I got my tags mixed up from who replied and who actually migrated the post. Sorry about that and thanks Blue for your professional response and I truly mean it as it wasn't you who was quick to pull the trigger!
  • JoeyCush
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I want EA to make the score board more realistic. Put it at the bottom. Lose the inflated Logos. Add teams records. This is just something I threw together quick as an example.

tylcuo4k510b.jpg

• JoeyCush wrote: »
    I want EA to make the score board more realistic. Put it at the bottom. Lose the inflated Logos. Add teams records. This is just something I threw together quick as an example.

tylcuo4k510b.jpg

Totally agree. The scoreboard used in the latest release was way too cartoony. It'd be nice if they created multiple scoreboards. One for Sunday games, one for Sunday night games and one for Monday night games.
  • JayD24
    75 posts Member
    In future Maddens. Run Defense has to be better, the pursuit angles have to be better..
  • oifoefvet0810
    11 posts New member
    Two things I would like in Madden 21 is the continuation of my career player from my previous version, and also the option to be able to chose the position I want to play. If you could do that I think it would be awesome.