EA Forums - Banner

Wasted Console Generation

JoeyCush
8 posts Member
edited May 2020
As this generation comes to an end, I really feel like EA wasted this 8th generation when it comes to Madden. 7 Maddens on the PS4/Xbox One (to be 8 come August) and I cant say I enjoyed more than 1 or 2 Madden games in that span. Shouldnt the games get better as the years pass? Arent they supposed to be building off of the success of the year prior?

The gameplay is atrocious. The animations are way too dictating, leaving you with zero control over the outcome of a play. Just throw the ball up and hope for the winning animation. The physics engine is horrible. Weight/Height does not play a role in this game. Players flopping over each other like ragdolls should not be in a game in 2020. Blocking still doesnt exist.

Franchise mode has been stripped down to nothing. Each game is the same as the last and as well as the next. I used to play years into my Franchise mode as a kid, now I barely make it through one season. The scenario engine they added is so damn poor its embarrassing. Why does it seem like I am texting my players? Why after a Three touchdown performance, my scenario for that WR is to get another 2-3 TDs? These scenarios have no bearings on anything except development and even thats broken.

Superstar X Factors were added in because EA couldnt figure out how to make players play different from each other. But by doing so, you added Superheroes into the game with actual super powers. I usually just turn them off in my Franchise now.

I love football and its so depressing that this is the only product now and for the foreseeable future. I have no confidence in EA when it comes to this next generation.

Replies

• The-Sporty-Hero
    832 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    The greatest gaming generation is almost here. I can't wait to get Madden NFL 21 on the PS5
    Madden fan since 93.
  • TyBuc1540
    4 posts New member
    I totally agree. I think Madden has gotten worse. Everyone one can make one hand catches which is just part of the crappy gameplay. Hopefully madden 21 is better cause right now I have no faith in EA. I'm looking forward to 2k football.
  • I would have to say that the ncaa football series is king as well.
    Madden fan since 93.