EA Forums - Banner

Madden 21 | Official Gameplay Deep Dive | PS4, Xbox One, PC.

NatureBoy2323
3704 posts Game Changer
edited June 2020

Take a closer look at new gameplay updates in Madden NFL 21. Innovative changes designed to deliver authenticity on both sides of the ball include updated pass-rush mechanics, the new Skill Stick ball-carrier system, and more realistic open-field tackling. Go all out in Madden NFL 21 and feel advanced levels of control.
Post edited by NatureBoy2323 on

Replies

• Questions:

Has there been a fix to bunching the OLB, DL to glitch the Oline? Frustrating go have a rusher in face as soon as the ball is snapped.

Has EA fixed WR's running out of bounds and losing awareness of where they are in relation to boundaries? Defenders never seem to run out of bounds and know where the boundaries are.

has EA toned down the number of drops from WR/TE when hit by a defender? This is not realistic at all, especially if WR/TE has already secured catch with no one around.

Lastly, can we please make it realistic that you cannot drop back 20 yds and throw a ball on the money? That is not football, or running around and throwing cross body

• Take a closer look at new gameplay updates in Madden NFL 21. Innovative changes designed to deliver authenticity on both sides of the ball include updated pass-rush mechanics, the new Skill Stick ball-carrier system, and more realistic open-field tackling. Go all out in Madden NFL 21 and feel advanced levels of control.

The gameplay trailer looks more like Madden 20.xxxx or whatever patch version we're on. DLine was too over powering in Madden 20, and dropped passes were problematic along with spam running. Will have to see more later.
  • I’m very optimistic Madden 21 will be our best Madden in a decade. Let’s wait until the game is released before we pass judgement. We just heard about the features let’s get experience first guys.

Let it play out.
  • Not going to lie, the lack of transparency with timelines for the Beta and lack of gameplay footage makes me nervous. That and whatever that FIZZ x-factor was where it takes 1 8-yard rush to activate. Either ridiculous or abilities/x-factors aren't even ironed out yet...
  • Additionally, what corner/LB back pedals for 20-30 yards lol. The zone depth feature sounds good on the surface but it's just going to open the door to more OP zones IMO
  • I believe with adjustable zones this will force the offensive side to read the coverage in Madden 21 vs just throwing the OP corner route from the previous Maddens. I wish you guys would just give Madden 21 a chance. I’m very optimistic about Madden 21. Just chill. I rather have Madden years 15-20 than have zero Maddens. Without Madden I’m lost. What if EA says there’s no more Madden, then what ????
  • I’m starting to create my Madden 21 game philosophy now. I started it a little in Madden 20. With the new fatigue factor and elimination of the cheesy plays. Ppl better come up with a few game plans and installations of game plans. Can’t just run Shotgun Ace Offset Post every play now.