EA Forums - Banner

Receivers / tight ends being unresponsive when trying to catch

I keep getting forced interceptions on streak routes while pressing y to catch my player is just running without attempting to catch

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4395 posts EA Community Manager
    @kennybolo20

Would you be able to drop a clip in here so we can review what happened? It's important for us to know what play is being used, what defense you're going up against, press coverage, timing of the throw, whether you stepped up in the pocket, and many other factors that go into a passing play.

If we're able to get visual footage, it helps make it easier for the team to understand what plays like this can lead to frustration for Madden players. I appreciate your activity here, @kennybolo20 and you raise great topics for discussion. If you and others are able to chime in with feedback, advice, and video examples it can help drive an argument for the team to make a change in future updates.

Good luck this week on the field!
  • @kennybolo20

Would you be able to drop a clip in here so we can review what happened? It's important for us to know what play is being used, what defense you're going up against, press coverage, timing of the throw, whether you stepped up in the pocket, and many other factors that go into a passing play.

If we're able to get visual footage, it helps make it easier for the team to understand what plays like this can lead to frustration for Madden players. I appreciate your activity here, @kennybolo20 and you raise great topics for discussion. If you and others are able to chime in with feedback, advice, and video examples it can help drive an argument for the team to make a change in future updates.

Good luck this week on the field!

EA blueberry, what he is referring to is not about the defense or the offense you run. Its the game response to the moment. Majority of intercepted passes are the receiver running a route and the Button presses dont bring forth a catching animation. The receiver just runs as if he isnt even trying to catch the ball. The defender on the other hand Always plays the ball. Its the samething with Tipped balls. The offense cannot catch tipped balls the same way the defense can. The offensive player will drop it 95 percent of the time, the defense 99 percent chance of an intercepted pass.
  • kennybolo20
    116 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    What’s also funny are interception rates has dropped the most ever in nfl history the last 4 years