EA Forums - Banner

Opposing QBs Constantly Throwing Ball Away

Dishpan
7 posts New member
Seems like a new bug. In franchise mode, it has suddenly become impossible to sack the opposing CPU QBs because, as you get close, they launch the ball out of bounds, nearly into the stands. Anyone else seeing this? Others on Reddit confirmed this problem has recently gotten out of control.

Replies

• I agree. The issue I face is they throw the ball so fast to a checkdown every time. The opposing QB's end the game 24-26 with 110 yards or something like that.
  • Dishpan
    7 posts New member
    Yeah I get a lot of that too, but the heaving the ball out of bounds is just so egregious the game is barely playable. Would like to see a patch for this
  • EA_Blueberry
    4832 posts EA Community Manager
    @Dishpan

Can you link the Reddit post and are you using custom slider settings at all?
  • Dishpan
    7 posts New member
    Link below. No, haven’t tweaked any of the sliders, just play on All-Madden. It continues to happen and sacks are essentially a thing of the past. The QBs just keep throwing the ball away and not getting penalties for it, either.

www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/kawbt7/opposing_cpu_qbs_constantly_throwing_ball_away/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • Dishpan
    7 posts New member
    Also, what slider would affect whether the QBs heave the ball out of bounds to avoid a sack? This is a broken aspect of the game, just not sure why it’s happening all of the sudden. I play on a PS5 btw.
  • It’s something Tom Brady does a lot. But idk about other qbs
  • Dishpan
    7 posts New member
    Brady never did it when I played him. From what others are saying, this is a common thing and apparently more egregious in recent weeks. It’s not a good experience
  • I was saying i've seen him do it in real life, and i think they just let all QBs in the game do it. Happens all the time to me not just in recent weeks
  • Dishpan
    7 posts New member
    I’m good with throwing the ball away. The stuff I’m seeing is (1) launching the ball well out of bounds (2) regardless of whether the QB is still in the pocket. Hopefully they address this
  • I've gotten that too. A lot of the times, the QB is still in the pocket and throws it where no receiver is near. They never call intentional grounding on the cpu.
  • EA_Blueberry
    Strange. Do you all have a recorded clip of this happening?
  • Dishpan
    7 posts New member
    I can start recording it. Happens every game. Where can is submit these recordings?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Dishpan

Can you upload it to YouTube and drop the link here?
  • rickyt59
    1 posts New member
    @EA_Blueberry

Has this been resolved? If not, I have a few recordings I can put together to show the constant animation.