EA Forums - Banner

Campus Heroes Power Ups

Do these ever get power ups or upgrades? They are all becoming outdated.

Replies

• This content drop was very underwhelming and the player selection was god awful in my opinion. There are so many players that should have got a card but instead we get a lot of undesired cards. Not all but most nobody actually cares for. Charles Woodson should have got a card, Sean Taylor should have got a card, i can go on forever, I think this was an L an EA has to do better!
  • Neo_Novalis
    631 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm not exactly sure I agree with your assessment @TheRebel31. I think the Wildcard Wednesday items have been interesting for theme teams only so far. from this perspective I like the amount of newly released players since all 32 teams should get at least some supplementary player items. and after a quick look in more detail, many of the newly released players have 2-3 or even more team chemistries. so for human players interested in theme teams, I think the release should be nice.

but I fully agree that these items are most likely not interesting for those players who already maxed out their teams. I assume for every position there have been better items available already. From this perspective one could of course also argue that there are other players who might deserve getting a new card more (but this argument could be discussed at every new content and no release will satisfy all players).

for my theme team (I have a 92 OVR 49ers theme team at the moment, and all players in my lineup have 49ers team chemistry), I decided to use all 3 items who have the 49ers team chemistry. but only one of them I'm going to use as starter; and this item only increases my previous OVR rating on this position (C) by 2 points only.

the only thing I would have liked to see better (besides all the unrealistic wishes one could have... ;) ): I assume that in the long run this items will not be interesting for theme teams as they do not allow to activate x2 physical chemistries. from my perspective, this is the most important aspect a backup player has to fulfill since it allows to use 2 different physical chemistries maxed out. therefore it would have been nice to have these Campus Heros with a 93 OVR. but well, lets see what the remainder of the season will bring...
  • @Neo_Novalis It’s just frustrating how well they could do with a promo or content drop like this and completely drop the ball on giving the community what they want. How long are they going to wait to drop a Sean Taylor, Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, Charles Woodson, etc. The cards are not bad for theme team players, but they didn’t even make sure that at least all teams had a least one player that can go on a theme team. There were several players that played on one team, and that is one thing that makes the community mad because with them dropping 24 players they have to make sure they show everyone love. I like the look of things from your point of view and i totally agree with you.
  • TheRebel31 wrote: »
    How long are they going to wait to drop a Sean Taylor, Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, Charles Woodson, etc.

fully agree. this players would definitely deserve a card, but I'm sure they will be introduced soon. hopefully...
    TheRebel31 wrote: »
    ... but they didn’t even make sure that at least all teams had a least one player that can go on a theme team.
    I did not check it in detail but my first impression was that given the amount of teams most of these players were playing for I assumed that there should have been at least one item for each of the 32 NFL teams. if not, I fully agree that the balance of team affiliations should have been considered.
    TheRebel31 wrote: »
    I like the look of things from your point of view and i totally agree with you.

Thank you! :)
  • Neo_Novalis
    631 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    if I got it right, it has not been planned to release Power Ups for these players. therefore, I fully agree that these items will be outdated soon and might be interesting for theme teams only. but for some theme teams, I think these items would be quite nice as backups if they had got a 93 OVR. a 93 OVR would allow assigning 2x physical chemistries which is very important (at least from my perspective) in order to allow two different physical chemistries per team.

I remember a discussion about this topic. if you are interested, see here: https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/266826/campus-heros
  • Ea doesn't care about having balance teams or inferior teams.
  • @Neo_Novalis I think they are doing Campus Heroes by certain colleges and they are grouping a bunch of them together in a drop. I realized on one of the Ea streams they were calling guys out by the colleges they attended, so maybe, each major college team will get a card during this promo. So the Ohio states and the Alabama’’s and the Miami Hurricanes of the world may have a huge impact on this promo being that a lot of the big named players came from these big schools.