EA Forums - Banner

MUT Solo Season mode is an absolute must-have!

2Next

Replies

• unfortunately, I haven't heard or read anything yet that would make me suspect that they are thinking about that. after a new community manager for the Competitive Community was presented in Good Morning Madden recently, I'm afraid that MUT Solo modes are completely neglected in terms of further developments.... :(

That's unfortunate. I hope someone from EA will post in this thread and tell us if anything is being done. It would be greatly appreciated.
    it is so annoying that there is not a single MUT Solo mode available which offers fun in the long run.
    • Solo Battles: doing one and the same all the time again, and again, and again (otherwise it is almost impossible to get satisfying rewards => top 100). no challenge at all (because you do the same again and again, and the AI does not do . getting frustrated by facing bugs, DNFs or unlucky 'really???' animations
    • Solo Challenges: no challenge at all as soon as you know how to beat the defense and your team is strong enough. sometimes weird objectives. highest difficulty is sometimes Arcade => fumble on almost every user tackle, only weak opponents; abilities and x-factors disappear; you sometimes cannot play with your full lineup or playbook; ... much too easy, if you are a bit experienced in this game;
    • H2H: very poor match-making; 90% of my games end by the end of the first quarter (=> I have no idea why rewards for H2H wins are so much higher than for Solos?); timing is completely different and laggy from game to game (I see it even in the play selection menu: everything reacts slower...); if there is a good match of opponents, the connection is not good enough to have a challenging game; the only thing that matters: speed! and besides all of that: I simply do not want to compete with others! I just want to enjoy the game and feel the strategic factor...
    • Draft modes: not interested at all. I want to play with my lineup and playbook.

More and more I ask myself: why should I continue to play this mode? it's just a pity that this strategic game is reduced to a ... lottery => pack content, Solo Battle DNFs, H2H match-making, whether you get your rewards at all, ...

I totally agree with your thoughts.

- I never focus on top 100 because that's completing boring and tedious to me so I accept that I'll get the rewards for Legendary and that's fine with me.

- Yes, solos are far too easy and I don't mind if I'm able to score a bunch of points on offense but just make it so the CPU offense is more competent and tries to win. It frustrates me that the CPU QBs are so inaccurate and would often rather take a sack at the end of the game or throw to a check down on 3rd/4th down late in games than try to win the game. I've seen some odd logic by them, like scrambling on Hail Marys at the end of game, throwing to someone on an out route with no time left, or doing an HB draw on 4th down. Also they miss wide open WRs except on Solo Battles or All-Madden arcade. Even high overalls like Rich Gannon in the weekly legend solos. I love the challenge but not the cheese of Solo Battles most of the time. When I have a game against the Legends team and it's like 14-7 or so, I'm thinking "why can't more games against the CPU be like this?" I love when they challenge me on offense because you get to see what your team can really do.
    I honestly have days where I have total fun with the solos but when you grind a lot, you notice more and it can get old.

- I don't play h2h at all now but I remember a lot of what you're saying in my games from the past. The timing is very strange, players feel much heavier, and the lag can cause a lot of issues. Yes, I don't want to play against real life opponents unless it's a friend or family member. It's not why I play video games. I can't relax while playing h2h and find solos relaxing for the most part. But you can get bored when they don't try to win.

- I agree. I really don't find draft modes interesting and the CPU (at least in 20) played just like they do in regular solos and were awful on offense.

I totally understand why you question why you play. I love the idea of MUT but the lack of solo-based modes can be frustrating. The most fun I usually have is when my friend and I play together in the co-op mode for solos.
  • I agree with this idea. I play the MUT version a lot. And I would like to be able to acquire the collectibles of Madden coach without having to make matches against human rivals. It's too long, too hard. Plus im alone and cant play any squads games. I prefer farming alone any games i play at PC. Im really a farmer/player, i like to try, test any possibilities of a video game. And AT MAdden, i can't do it coz i need to play vs humans rivals just for try to have a madden coach collectible. This part of the game is the only thing i hate. For the rest, i really like Madden MUT, solo battle, challenge, everything is awesome. This year the gameplay is fun.
  • Neo_Novalis
    631 posts Member
    edited January 25
    I play the MUT version a lot. And I would like to be able to acquire the collectibles of Madden coach without having to make matches against human rivals. It's too long, too hard. Plus im alone and cant play any squads games. I prefer farming alone any games i play at PC. Im really a farmer/player, i like to try, test any possibilities of a video game. And AT MAdden, i can't do it coz i need to play vs humans rivals just for try to have a madden coach collectible. This part of the game is the only thing i hate.

thank you @pa1hfinderTTV for your opinion! :)the quote above perfectly describes my playstyle and my interests in the game too.

the only difference is, that I do not like the Solo Battles leaderboard. although I like the idea of Solo Battles, for me it does not make sense to have a leaderboard. or more exactly, I do not like it that the satisfying rewards are so heavily linked to the leaderboard. and I'm saying that although (or maybe because) I've been able to rank top 10 (on PC) almost every week over the last year and this year, if I do not face a DNF. for me, the leaderboard rewards incentivize monotonous playing and using glitch plays (I do the former, but do not do the latter; or at least I do not make use of the most weird glitch plays).
    for me, it would be 1) much more fun, if I could enjoy these games more without having to follow these weird incentives to rank top 100, and 2) I'd strongly prefer a more equal distribution of rewards, even if I myself should get less as a result. maybe I will post it soon how I play these Solo Battle games and why trying to rank top 100 makes this games boring, frustrating and stressfull...
  • thank you @pa1hfinderTTV for your opinion! :)the quote above perfectly describes my playstyle and my interests in the game too.
    the only difference is, that I do not like the Solo Battles leaderboard. although I like the idea of Solo Battles, for me it does not make sense to have a leaderboard. or more exactly, I do not like it that the satisfying rewards are so heavily linked to the leaderboard. and I'm saying that although (or maybe because) I've been able to rank top 10 (on PC) almost every week over the last year and this year, if I do not face a DNF. for me, the leaderboard rewards incentivize monotonous playing and using glitch plays (I do the former, but do not do the latter; or at least I do not make use of the most weird glitch plays).

Me, i can be in top 50 rarely, and 75 sometimes or 100 often enough. But i do not use glitch coz i don't know how to do them despite the online videos. I try to make my matches realistic to have fun. This week it's costing me a loss so I won't be in the top 100. No regrets. What bothers me the most is really the lack of competive trophies for those who play mut alone and not being able to acquire collectibles for coach madden by a different route except playing against humans.This is the most frustrating thing for me.
  • yes, the trophies (and sometimes objectives, as they are available at the moment for the Super Bowl tokesn) are the only reason why I play H2H from time to time.

I do play House Rules if the are available because to me it seems that the player base is broader and it is more fun seeing more different plays and strategies. in addition, if I face a player with a much weaker team twice, I can easily share the wins without having a bad impact on my later rewards (i.e. demotion in H2H Seasons, for instance).

I really do not see why rewards in H2H should be so much higher than in Solos; or in case of the trophies, why you have to play H2H to get some rewards at all...
  • I really do not see why rewards in H2H should be so much higher than in Solos; or in case of the trophies, why you have to play H2H to get some rewards at all...

I totally agree. I wasn't able to get either Myles Garrett or Herbert because they didn't allow you to get him for free via other ways.

I feel like there should be a solo alternative to any House Rules they put out. I would greatly appreciate this.
  • I agree with this idea. I play the MUT version a lot. And I would like to be able to acquire the collectibles of Madden coach without having to make matches against human rivals. It's too long, too hard. Plus im alone and cant play any squads games. I prefer farming alone any games i play at PC. Im really a farmer/player, i like to try, test any possibilities of a video game. And AT MAdden, i can't do it coz i need to play vs humans rivals just for try to have a madden coach collectible. This part of the game is the only thing i hate. For the rest, i really like Madden MUT, solo battle, challenge, everything is awesome. This year the gameplay is fun.

Yes, I'm the same way. I realize Coach Madden is seemingly impossible to get without playing others and that's unfortunate. I would love to use his upgrades.