EA Forums - Banner

After 3 seasons of franchise mode...

... I'm officially done with this game. This is by far the worst video game I have ever played. At no point did I find this game fun. I found Madden 19 more fun than this one, and let's face it, we all know how bad Madden 19 was.

I stated before that the only two good things about Madden 21 from Madden 19 are the fact that QBs don't fumble every time they get sacked/tackled and that the offensive line doesn't give up 6+ sacks per game, despite having pass blocking set at 99.

Madden 21, however, is completely unplayable. It is unequivocally impossible to play defense in this game, let alone good defense. I have pass coverage and reaction time both 90+ and CPU teams still throw for over 350 yards regularly. It is literally impossible for your AI defenders to cover any slant. The only way slants don't work is if you set the QB accuracy and WR catching slider low, so that maybe the QB makes a bad throw or the WR drops it. Also, user controlled DBs almost never break up passes. It is pretty much always a catch by CPU WRs. At least in Madden 19 it was a much more even ratio between catches and breakups.

Speed means nothing in this game. Literally nothing. Speed threshold is a joke, and if speed actually meant something in this game, there should be no reason to even have a speed threshold slider -_- But alas, speed is meaningless. I can never catch up to anyone, but yet CPU defenders catch up to me, or outright outrun my defenders.

Missed tackles happen. All. The. Time. You can press the tackle button, and nothing happens. Aggressive tackling is useless as defenders just fly out of the play. Conservative tackling is the only way to tackle, if the tackle button actually triggers an animation. And finally, when you try to switch defenders to the one 'closest to the ball' it NEVER is the person closest to the ball. So whenever you switch players, and you think you're moving to the player that has the ball, you're moving a totally different player even further from the play.

This doesn't play like simulation football. This is an arcade football game dependent on pre-determined outcomes and animations. Just look at the videos below that I'll post. This game is a joke and an absolute embarrassed to NFL football. When you can't play defense, and offense is way too easy, it just doesn't make for a fun experience whatsoever. EA Sports, you need to scrap everything and start from the bottom up again. If that means skipping a year to do a complete rebuild, then so be it. I'd be so happy to hear that there is no Madden 22 and that they're taking a whole year to build a better game for their customers, considering no one else can make a 'simulation football game' this news would make fans quite happy. But what would make fans happiest is if you just give up your exclusive license and let other companies make NFL games. Illegal monopolies promote complacency and laziness. What's the point in being innovative and improving if you're the only game in town? EA continues to show they don't care.

Replies

• blinkfan18211
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    See videos below.

• blinkfan18211
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ShHSyKyfZEI&feature=youtu.be

And here's a doozy of me getting sucked into a blocking animation. Fun stuff right here. Totally realistic, and true "simulation" football if you ask me.
    Post edited by blinkfan18211 on
  • blinkfan18211
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2021

Closest player to the ball? I think not. This clearly shows how broken the switches are when it comes to switching to a player 'who is closest to the ball.' How is it in this video, this player is selected as the closest player to the ball?! This happens all the time. I'm no video game engineer, but I'm preeeeeetttttyyyyy sure the player closest to the ball is the individual who is right behind the current ball carrier, and not the player who is 15 yards down the field.
    Post edited by blinkfan18211 on
  • https://youtube.com/watch?v=_-E5wrOcfJg&feature=youtu.be

And in this one, you'll see how I take myself totally out of the play because once again, I'm not clicked into the player who is closest to the ball.
  • @blinkfan18211 >>> Speed means nothing in this game.<<< unfortunately, I'd say speed means everything in this game. if you have a speed advantage on defense, you can run Man Coverage all the time (if your MC attributes are not completely low) and will dominate the offense. if you have a speed disadvantage, you will struggle using Man Coverage. since Man Coverage press is the best defense strategy in Madden 21, I'd say it is all about speed.

but I do not say that I like it that Man Coverage is so strong. but it seems to be the only defensive concept that really works (again: if you have a speed advantage...). from my perspective, zone coverage only works if you either are able to surprise your opponent (it only works if your opponent is human since the AI does not do any adjustments) or you are able to disguise your defensive strategy (again, only works against human opponents since the AI does not adjust, again...). I really never call zone coverage against the AI (except some rare occasions where bonus objectives in some MUT Solo Challenges require an INT where it is predictable that the AI offense tries to go deep on 3rd or 4th and very long...).

• jonesyskins
    42 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Speed is everything in this game. Besides having a QB with 93+ throwing power (to fit in the windows), speed is the essence of Madden. All of my DB's have 80+ MC. My safeties are converted DB's with high strength, tackling and 80+ MC. All my LB's are minimum 89-90 speed with minimum 90-92 acceleration. My DE's are converted LB's. All my DT's are minimum 94 strength and 80+ tackling. My WR's are minimum 94+ speed, my RB's are the same. Even my TE is 94 speed, 95 acceleration (converted WR 6'5" 232). My O-line is based on minimum 93+ strength, minimum 80+ run blocking. My QB is 96 throw power, with 80+ in all accuracy traits. I am currently in my 14th franchise year.
  • to me the only "game killer" is how stupid receivers are in the flat routes.....QB can't throw it downfield so the QB will dump to a guy in the flat who promptly runs out of bounds 50% of the time....teach the AI how to turn up field please....way to many drives died that way.....I don't play the games...I use like a "GM Mode" and watch the games like a broadcast.
  • I am reading this thread and I think there is a bit of apples and oranges going on here... I am sure some of you are basing your experience on maybe the rookie level and some are on All Madden
  • If speed means everything in this game, someone please explain to me how I am always caught from behind after a breakaway with Barkley? Yet if I'm on defense, no one on my team can ever catch any AI player on a breakaway. Also, if I'm on offense, and I throw an INT, my receivers, or running backs can ever catch up to a DB. Speed absolutely means nothing and the speed threshold is an absolute joke. Speed threshold should not be a feature if speed actually mattered and worked the way it was intended.