EA Forums - Banner

Golden Ticket Power Up eligibilty

Good morning @EA_Blueberry , @EA_KRAELO

Just wondering what went on to the decision of not letting the Golden tickets to not be power up eligible. I put together a short pros and cons list to maybe help reconsider this decision. It doesn’t need to occur immediately, maybe later down the line the EA team will allow for them to be eligible to go into the Power Ups. For example maybe in late May or early June timeframe. I am aware the reason why they’re currently not eligible, because this will force everyone to open packs and force players/users to replace the Power-up item with these cards. Which I totally understand initially to increase your profits, but please consider them to eventually be power-up eligible. Majority of your players/users “A lot of money spent” or “No money spent” teams have invested a lot of resources (Coins and training) to maintain and keep up with these player items for them to be worthless and obsolete. For example someone creates a Tyreek Hill, this will devalue and tank the price of his Power up item, core elite, Blitz/redux and Super Bowl item. Again, I totally understand you guys are running a business, but just hopefully this is something you guys can look into and maybe eventually reconsider. Thank you again for your time and reading this post.

Pros and Cons of Golden Tickets going into Power Ups

Pros:
Power-ups and lower overall items for the players created will increase in value
+1 rating to the item helps in hitting certain thresholds for abilities
Increase the value of the Golden ticket item even after the promo is completed
Power-up pass can be used instead of purchasing the card

Cons:
Power-ups and lower overall items for the player created will decrease in value exponentially pretty much obsolete
The value of the Golden ticket item will eventually decrease as better items comes out. (I know this happens to almost every program item)

Replies

• Power up’s defeat the purpose of having Golden Tickets. In Theory, Golden tickets are suppose to be the best of the best in the game, which is why their stats are so amazing in many categories. Adding them in to power ups would be a waste because the main stats that will get a plus 1 rating are probably already going to be maxed out. Plus with team chems and physical chems like sprinter or brawler, some of those areas are going to get boosted as well.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4832 posts EA Community Manager
    TheRebel31 wrote: »
    Power up’s defeat the purpose of having Golden Tickets. In Theory, Golden tickets are suppose to be the best of the best in the game, which is why their stats are so amazing in many categories. Adding them in to power ups would be a waste because the main stats that will get a plus 1 rating are probably already going to be maxed out. Plus with team chems and physical chems like sprinter or brawler, some of those areas are going to get boosted as well.

This is how it's been and to be honest I don't expect them to be eligible for power ups this year, however I'll be sure to pass along your thoughts for them to consider in future Madden titles. I wish you the best of luck in acquiring a player this year, this is always an exciting time.