EA Forums - Banner

Welcome to the NBA LIVE Forums!

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

User/CPU Sliders

Matt_baby
279 posts Member
edited August 2017
Hey community. I wanted to start a discussion about adjusting sliders for NBA Live versus mode. Warriors vs Cavs. Superstar mode.

The very first thing I noticed is that the game is too fast. I noticed it's very difficult to get around a pick n roll. CPU can steal everything. You cannot break the CPU with dribbling even when you have a PG vs Center mismatch. Also I've noticed when you break down the defensive and a player comes to help, they can recover in no time. It seems impossible to get an open shot. Another key missing element is a cut to the basket button. There are times I need my the CPU to move cut to the basket. That will help the flow of the game tremendously. Also ive noticed you have to hold down the pick n roll button and continue to hold it down when you're using the pick n roll to get off a good shot. Once I started holding down the pick n roll button, things opened up a little. Got a few green lights and could dump it inside to the big man on a roll. If you can select pick and roll and let the button go and the pick n roll still takes places that would help.

Replies

• Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    With that said above, I've adjusted the User/CPU sliders. Try it out and let me know what you think or post your own. This helped a lot. CPU couldn't recover as quick when helping. I've had open shots from CPU helping. Could initiate and get around pick n rolls. It just felt better in my opinion.

****Change game speed to 30*****
    Yeah I know 30, but it's feels normal now. And when using turbo you notice players are moving fast.

User Sliders changed:
    Driving Layup Ability: 30
    Reach in foul call frequency: 30
    Offensive in air collision frequency: 70
    Offensive on ground collision frequency: 20
    Defensive in air collision frequency: 70
    Defensive on ground collision frequency: 20
    Offensive Rebounding frequency: 30
    Off Ball push off frequency: 70
    Off Ball push off success: 70
    Off Ball jostle success: 0
    Jostle vs blow-by: 0
    Dribble move reaction frequency: 0

CPU Sliders changed:
    Same changes made to the user Sliders except
    Dunk Frequency: 30
  • Lol some of the youtubers that got a dev copy are saying increase the speed(i think its stupid). Why make the game more arcadish :neutral: . Ill try 30 for sure. Im not finding it hard to get open shots. I mean i hit guarded shots which to me means open, since they are not contesting they are just there looking at me. I do get like wide open unguarded shots like once or twice. I do run alot of floppy plays with Cavs(thompson sets them bangging screens) though so that could be a thing. What kind of plays do you run?
    Xbox GT: Rock D Twitter: @jeffcortinas Member of NBA Live Veteran committee
  • Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Yeah man, try those settings. I'm playing now. Wish I could upload some video. This play I just ran seeing Klay curl around to the 3. JR was late cause he was helping. Swung it around, he tried to get the steal and went out of bounds. I sat there and watched it unfold with Klay, and Green light. Wipe open. On superstar. Superstar is still good with these changed settings.

Also pulling back after driving for mid range J is also giving me space and green light on Bron with KD.

You can use L3 without the speed button to get a little space. Use R3 when needed for speed on crossovers. I'm seeing plays unfold, I can kick it to the right man. It feels like real ball

I'm also seeing that I can charge the defender and when I jump my body is leaning to block the shot.
  • Timba101 wrote: »
    Lol some of the youtubers that got a dev copy are saying increase the speed(i think its stupid). Why make the game more arcadish :neutral: . Ill try 30 for sure. Im not finding it hard to get open shots. I mean i hit guarded shots which to me means open, since they are not contesting they are just there looking at me. I do get like wide open unguarded shots like once or twice. I do run alot of floppy plays with Cavs(thompson sets them bangging screens) though so that could be a thing. What kind of plays do you run?

Yo I actually changed it to 35, it's it where it should be