EA Forums - Banner

Welcome to the NBA LIVE Forums!

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

Thought on hardships of 2K players on NBA Live

Ill make it straight to the point if you want to debate we shall below:

-Cant spam dribble stick Nba live dribble system will throw them off
-real bad ones tend to eat up the shot clock
-Used to ridiculous amounts of space on the court hence have trouble with off the ball movement
-NBA 2k except now with e-league coming on really promotes individualistic play
-2k YouTube peeps preach saucing, jelly, greens and swag over just winning games
-shooting selection is stunted because defense is tighter
- you cant hit 30ft jumpers
- think because it is street ball that this is like the park
- Used to 2k pace

I realized this after watching some YouTube today, then playing 2k17 and then the Live18 demo as i played with the randoms. they try to use the same tactics that they use in 2k17 they run around on top of the 3 point arc try to spam dribble moves. i think most have started to figure out they cant shoot from 30ft like 2K17. Still, they attempt the dribble moves and the shot clock drain. 2k players cant cheese the baseline nore can they spam steal so now they are evolving to use one of the only serious exploit i have seen. Driving animations which anyone can do(maybe the reason for so many wing scorers and slashers), but still those are less effective than what can be done on 2K17 to get shots up.

This game is not slow, is not stiff and it is not anything unusual to an EA sports game. This games moves at an EA pace because it is an EA game. when ever i switch between games that is the one difference i can sense then it is the the shooting on 2k i can hit 30-35ft no problem so can 80% of the community. 2K is very, very different and that is what is giving them hardships.
Xbox GT: Rock D Twitter: @jeffcortinas Member of NBA Live Veteran committee

Replies

• I love the different play style. It's why I bought Live after testing the beta. I can't stand the "cheese" in 2k. Don't get me wrong, I love 2k and play well but I prefer the game to be realistic. I don't feel 2k is. Live feels much more accurate to me.

That said, I'm sure people will figure out ways to cheese in Live. But I'm glad guys can't just spam random dribbling moves all day without getting tired then throw it up from 30 feet. I've seen some ridiculous dunks in the paint but paint defense also feels way more realistic as well (to me). I can't wait for the full release to drop.
  • I'm making the jump from 2K to Live 18 and don't play this like how you mention above. Maybe that's because I'm an adult :D (almost in my mid-30s) and the more I play this demo my love for it increases. NBA Live has never been good out the box when I use to play back in the day, you always have to mess with the sliders to get the best out of this game. My only gripe with this game is the post move controls they are confusing or I'm just used to 2K's post moves controls other than that this game's solid just hope for Live 19 they go with the Frostbite engine
  • Doc187XL wrote: »
    My only gripe with this game is the post move controls they are confusing or I'm just used to 2K's post moves controls other than that this game's solid just hope for Live 19 they go with the Frostbite engine
    I love the Street mode in fact it is probably the only mode I will play and I may try out the Pro Am Mode once I see what it is compared to the 2K Pro Am mode. Another thing is I am hoping you will have WAY more clothing options for the crates upon release. I do however agree with Doc that the post moves controls are a bit wonky at times..for instance, when I hit RT to do a close defend on the man I am in front of, sometimes my player tries to move to a totally different player so I get caught out of position. I experienced a bit of lag as well with a very strong connection but that is to be expected..it is so far WAY better than any connection in the MyPark mode for 2K and its only a demo. Please incorporate free throws in Street mode or maybe there is another 5v5 multiplayer mode that uses full rules? ? So far it seems legit and I will play a bit more of it and try different modes. You are up against an extremely strong and well established competitor in the NBA series, but you are moving forward with every edition EA.
  • Timba101 wrote: »
    Ill make it straight to the point if you want to debate we shall below:

-Cant spam dribble stick Nba live dribble system will throw them off
    -real bad ones tend to eat up the shot clock
    -Used to ridiculous amounts of space on the court hence have trouble with off the ball movement
    -NBA 2k except now with e-league coming on really promotes individualistic play
    -2k YouTube peeps preach saucing, jelly, greens and swag over just winning games
    -shooting selection is stunted because defense is tighter
    - you cant hit 30ft jumpers
    - think because it is street ball that this is like the park
    - Used to 2k pace

I realized this after watching some YouTube today, then playing 2k17 and then the Live18 demo as i played with the randoms. they try to use the same tactics that they use in 2k17 they run around on top of the 3 point arc try to spam dribble moves. i think most have started to figure out they cant shoot from 30ft like 2K17. Still, they attempt the dribble moves and the shot clock drain. 2k players cant cheese the baseline nore can they spam steal so now they are evolving to use one of the only serious exploit i have seen. Driving animations which anyone can do(maybe the reason for so many wing scorers and slashers), but still those are less effective than what can be done on 2K17 to get shots up.

This game is not slow, is not stiff and it is not anything unusual to an EA sports game. This games moves at an EA pace because it is an EA game. when ever i switch between games that is the one difference i can sense then it is the the shooting on 2k i can hit 30-35ft no problem so can 80% of the community. 2K is very, very different and that is what is giving them hardships.

You definitely can't play them the same way. I think love needs to slow down the gameplay so users can have more control. Maybe turn up the off and on Ball push offs, jostle, and dribble effectiveness. Just to give it a Lil more looseness. But it's a great game. I hate how you can make 30 -35 ft jumpers in 2K. Curry is curry for a reason. Not EVERYBODY can do that. I also hate how a open shot is affected because of a zone defense or if a player just runs at you. If I'm open I'm open and I have a good look I should have a good chance of making it. Players are affected by this in 2K. Live does a great job, hand down, man down. Geeen light. Just cause you're running at me doesn't mean I should miss it.
  • Clueminati
    321 posts Senior Moderator
    That's the thing on what is said on the thread. If you look at my response to GRod's video aka Fly Guy aka GBG on his YouTube page. I made a long response about the comment that is made, and the thing is when it comes to it. They look at this more how they play on 2K, and this usually doesn't help as much. Basically saying, you cannot approach this game like it's 2K.

As I stated in the comment section below. I have mentioned there should be a learning curve when it comes to common basketball knowledge, and the fundamentals that brings to the game. Separate the two components when it comes to it, and not too many people love playing with a person like that and in real life. It looks great, but you're not going to go to far. When I talk about separating the components of the two. That means have that pool that's created for the two different styles. You have your competitive style on how the game is played that people knows how to play the game, and you have those cheese like players who doesn't understand the basics.

It's like Tekken how they do their rankings, and the same with FIFA as well. EA should implement the basketball IQ outside of the rankings. Your grade and level on how you play the game increases, and your skill points increases with it. The more it increases? The better the competition, and the greater of the rewards that even increases the rating of your player. FIFA has a pool or a ladder to move up in, and lets say you made it to a promotion match? You have to meet this certain level of a quota (player grade) that effect you. Even with the demotion match it should reflect not meeting your player grade, and if your team lost the game. So, people should never focus on the points, but more within the stats itself on how your player contributes whether it's a defensive stop, steals, rebounds, blocks, assists, screens, etc.

If you want to stop people approaching the game like it's 2K? Make it where they need to work for their points, and how to contribute in the playing styles.

Pardon the language on this YouTube video.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • Clueminati wrote: »
    That's the thing on what is said on the thread. If you look at my response to GRod's video aka Fly Guy aka GBG on his YouTube page. I made a long response about the comment that is made, and the thing is when it comes to it. They look at this more how they play on 2K, and this usually doesn't help as much. Basically saying, you cannot approach this game like it's 2K.

As I stated in the comment section below. I have mentioned there should be a learning curve when it comes to common basketball knowledge, and the fundamentals that brings to the game. Separate the two components when it comes to it, and not too many people love playing with a person like that and in real life. It looks great, but you're not going to go to far. When I talk about separating the components of the two. That means have that pool that's created for the two different styles. You have your competitive style on how the game is played that people knows how to play the game, and you have those cheese like players who doesn't understand the basics.

It's like Tekken how they do their rankings, and the same with FIFA as well. EA should implement the basketball IQ outside of the rankings. Your grade and level on how you play the game increases, and your skill points increases with it. The more it increases? The better the competition, and the greater of the rewards that even increases the rating of your player. FIFA has a pool or a ladder to move up in, and lets say you made it to a promotion match? You have to meet this certain level of a quota (player grade) that effect you. Even with the demotion match it should reflect not meeting your player grade, and if your team lost the game. So, people should never focus on the points, but more within the stats itself on how your player contributes whether it's a defensive stop, steals, rebounds, blocks, assists, screens, etc.

If you want to stop people approaching the game like it's 2K? Make it where they need to work for their points, and how to contribute in the playing styles.

Pardon the language on this YouTube video.

Yea i agree 100%...i dont think points should matter so much to teammate the reward is already getting points. I saw the video and commented as well i need to go look for your post.
    Xbox GT: Rock D Twitter: @jeffcortinas Member of NBA Live Veteran committee
  • D_Tee_10
    1 posts New member
    Thank you so much EA for finally releasing a new NBA Live game this year. The demo has been nothing short of fun. Simple and amazing fun! I never get mad at errant pass, missed jumper or getting left in the dust on defense because if they happened I know it was 100% my fault. I blew an assignment or was late on the pass, or my pass was off because my skills are not up to par.

This game really forces the players to play a more team-oriented, half-court offense and punished those who treat it as an arcade basketball game.

You HAVE to move around the court, using screens to free you for jump shots. The defense is on you like glue so do not even think of pulling up unless you've cleared some space with a screen or beat you man off the dribble first.

EA, honestly and truly, the only thing this game is lacking in is the number of animations for dribble moves, layups, dunks and post moves. Each NBA team's best player(s) moves could be used in the game or even if you had like 20 or 30 animations captured for each category of moves instead of predetermined packaged move sets. The ability to assign each individual move is what will set players apart and we as gamers love customization!!!

This is just the beginning of my feedback from the demo. I have gotten the wing shooter, wing defender, and slasher to Level 20 on the demo. Cannot wait for the full game to release!!
  • I completely agree with you. More animations for layups. Customize jump shot and work on the quickness/release of using the shot stick (R3). Sometimes it feels slow when holding it for a shot after beating your man off the dribble.

Hopefully there will be an Online Franchise included with the real game.

Question: How did you create multiple players? On different accounts or under one account?
  • Matt_baby wrote: »
    I completely agree with you. More animations for layups. Customize jump shot and work on the quickness/release of using the shot stick (R3). Sometimes it feels slow when holding it for a shot after beating your man off the dribble.

Hopefully there will be an Online Franchise included with the real game.

Question: How did you create multiple players? On different accounts or under one account?

Bro, you have to delete your saved game data for Live Demo. Do not delete the Demo.
  • JayChitown wrote: »
    Matt_baby wrote: »
    I completely agree with you. More animations for layups. Customize jump shot and work on the quickness/release of using the shot stick (R3). Sometimes it feels slow when holding it for a shot after beating your man off the dribble.

Hopefully, there will be an Online Franchise included with the real game.

Bro, you have to delete your saved game data for Live Demo. Do not delete the Demo.

INCORRECT !!!! You don't need to delete your save data. What you do is go back into The ONE then CUSTOMIZE then Appearance then Reset Player, that way you keep everything you unlocked
    JayChitown wrote: »

INCORRECT !!!! You don't need to delete your save data. What you do is go back into The ONE then CUSTOMIZE then Appearance then Reset Player, that way you keep everything you unlocked

Word, good looking
    JayChitown wrote: »

Oh ok. Thats wassup
  • Clueminati
    321 posts Senior Moderator
    To add more to this. You can keep doing that, and there are extra crate swag that you have to grind for them. Let's call those goal achievable crates. I pretty much grinded out to get 3 throwback jerseys of Bill Russell; Dennis Rodman; and Hakeem Olajuwon for rebounds. I'm not far off getting the Allen Iverson black Sixers throwback in points.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • The-Sporty-Hero
    742 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm glad the game will 3 will be released in 3 days.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • My main complaint is that 2k Games has clearly shown their focusing on their casual base with all the defense first mechanics.

2k is now a defensive oriented game, ruined by the cry babies who couldn't guard players one on one, so 2k nerfed stamina, dribbling and buffed defense. That games unplayable, you completely miss wide open jump shots with players closing out late. Live 18 reminds me of NBA2k15, and that's a good thing, because that was the last great iteration of the franchise. Sadly, NBA2k is really aweful now, and so is World of Warcraft, both great games ruined by casuals and developers giving in to their complaints.

NBA Live 18 is where its at.
  • I've broken a lot of ankles on NBA Live Demo already and have yet to find a player who can "lock me up". And this is a good thing, because I see myself as a really great isolation player, i mean my record on NBA2k15 head-to-head was 270-32. I think that was pretty good estimate of my skill level. Anyways, NBA Live 18 rescued me from the 2k curse. Thank you EA.
  • Hey all, they have a mega thread started for feedback. I would suggest posting it in there.
  • EA_Cian
    253 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Locked.

Necroposting is against the rules, folks. Let's try to keep that in mind, thanks! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!