EA Forums - Banner

Official NBA LIVE Wishlist

Prev134
Clueminati
105 posts Senior Moderator
edited September 30
The game is out officially, and you're playing it. Tell the community what you think. Is there something that needs to be fixed? Added? Please go in depth and explain.
Day 1 stuff....

Post edited by Clueminati on

Replies

• I'm on PS4 and have been playing the demo since it first availed itself. I love it. I'm an older gamer and admittedly a bit old school. I only play sports games, and am not a FPS guy. (I'd like to be but I literally suck so bad, it's just not worth the effort. - COD on a desk top with a qwerty? Old school, 4 button directional controls? I'm good. Double thumb joy-sticks? Still weird for this old dog- but I digress).

What I'd like to see a game that rewards "basketball IQ" and "playing the right way." It sucks to watch a guy dribble the ball up the court, ignore open team-mates, right joystick in traffic, spending all the shot-clock, then getting rejected at the rim, or putting up a contested prayer. That "player" should see his/her ranking suffer.

Conversely, when a player sees and hits an open player, boxes out, gets back on D, contests shots, grabs boards... that player should see his ranking reflect that.

Perhaps some algorithm that rewards/punishes on this level, and points righteous players and trolls alike to an appropriate lobby.

Thanks!

For players that feel what I'm saying... add me.

Papa_Iggle
  • Ok check this out .... the lag is DISRESPECTFUL .... I play battlefield at 11 ping ... NBA live is 106+ ... need custom team sizes for live run selected by host and add vote for next park when the game is over .... you need to be able to customize rosters ... also no more point guards blocking centers every other play ... the blocks are a little overpowered.and idk if u patched this yet but the cpu teams dont trade on their own in franchise mode .... need create player and edit roster as well with possibility for uploading and sharing rosters ... the commentary is static and weak they need to record hours on hours in order for it to feel organic player names sound robotic when they say "kevind durant has 10 points" the player faces need to have more emotion outside of celebrations and fouls ... ... lastly FIX THE LAG .... i cant lie ... ive been playing live since 95 and i was rooting for you guys but i can tell right now im going to have to buy 2k again this year ... we will try again next year but in some ways it feels like you guys are stuck in your ways and even at $40 i feel kind of slighted .... but i havent seen anyone that is actually a dev respond to the help the community is trying to give them thru feedback so you guys will probably not even read this which explains the situation your in now
  • Im having issues with when i load up my player it feezes for about 10 seconds or more to load into when i want to open up my crates or load up the one i pre orderd this right now not feeling the lags on this especially when i load up my player
  • I'm having issues with the fact that we can't play online verses our friends , how is that not in the game in 2017???? You dropped the ball in this one!
  • Need to be able to play online vs. a friend!!! Only options right now are ranked match/random opponent. huge miss guys, please fix!
  • Need the ability to edit/save custom roster files. Similar to Madden/NHL and other NBA games, I'd like the ability to manually edit rosters and players (for example changing a player's jersey number or attributes, trade/sign players, and save a roster file). If this and the online match vs. a friend were available, I'd score this game a 10. Love the gameplay, but these two misses ruin it for me so far!
  • Would love a trade a trade finder in Franchise Mode.
  • How come we can't play online against a friend this is the most basic online play for all sports game, I think I will buy nba2k and never buy Live again , really disapointed lost my money buying this game!!!!!
  • stevenomes
    99 posts Member
    edited September 15
    Summary list so far feel free to fix if I got your idea wrong:

- system to reward players for basketball iq.
    - fix online lag
    - guards blocking centers and op block animations (Isaiah Thomas glitch)
    - cpu teams not trading in franchise mode
    - commentary stiff and recycled
    - delays when loading crates and your one player screen
    - ability to modify roster attributes
    - "trade finder" in franchise like madden/ other ea titles
    - h2h online play vs friend.
  • Matt_baby
    202 posts Member
    edited September 15
    Whoa guys. GameStop played me last night. I gotta go pick it up today. But don't tell me you can't play Head to Head Online? I was fine with not having an Online Franchise Mode but come on you should be able to play Head to Head Online. Come on EA. The game is dope, why not have Online Head to Head matchups. You could Online Head to Head in Live 16. What's up EA? I don't know if I can do this. No Online Head to Head play. No bueno
  • stevenomes
    99 posts Member
    edited September 15
    Matt_baby wrote: »
    Whoa guys. GameStop played me last night. I gotta go pick it up today. But don't tell me you can't play Head to Head Online? I was fine with not having an Online Franchise Mode but come on you should be able to play Head to Head Online. Come on EA. The game is dope, why not have Online Head to Head matchups. You could Online Head to Head in Live 16. What's up EA? I don't know if I can do this. No Online Head to Head play. No bueno

Gamestop definitley did you dirty but they should hold it for like a week right? Worse case you lose $5 Pre order. Or pick up but don't open it until we get some assurances from ea that h2h online is coming shortly. If not then return for refund.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    Matt_baby wrote: »

Gamestop definitley did you dirty but they should hold it for like a week right? Worse case you lose $5 Pre order. Or pick up but don't open it until we get some assurances from ea that h2h online is coming shortly. If not then return for refund.

Word, man ****. I want EA to be great man. I'm gonna be forced to play 2K again. I cannot play The One all day and then just play the computer in the franchise mode. That's boring. Every game I play has to be Online. This is 2017. Can anyone confirm?
  • Honestly I'm waiting until a price drop for 2k. Cannot buy at launch anymore. It will be weeks anyway before they patch the big glitches. Usually by black Friday or week after Christmas it's down to $39.99 so may be worth a look then. A lot of big games coming out this fall anyway to occupy your free time.
  • FivePillars114
    24 posts Member
    edited September 15
    H2H online against a friend, multiple users in a local Franchise, 2 timed halves in The Streets as an option, ranked play with skill-based tier ladder like Overwatch and Halo in the Streets, play against friends in LUT, have Ranked Seasons in LUT with the chance of getting packs, something other than 5v5 online since playing with randoms is a terrible experience (most of the time)- it is much easier to get 2 friends to play than 5, so 3v3 would be nice, and award more Hype in The League for playing on a harder difficulty (an increased multiplier for each level of difficulty).
  • Definitely add head to head playing against friends. Or better yet have a lobby where we can challenge other players. I miss the lobbies, NBA 2k use to have them, and it was awesome finding and playing the people with the same rank as you cause it would be even skill level, or playing someone at a high rank just to challenge yourself.
  • can you put server in Asia?
  • NbaLiveSince95
    75 posts Member
    edited September 16
    - Yes the game menu lag is horrible when unlocking crates, it ate up my EA Access time significantly. And now with playing the full version it still exists.
    - The Chi-league Pro-Am, as well as the Nike Hyperdunk 2018 Lo City Pack, the Chicago Version is FINAO, Failure Is Not An Option we need that out here in this game.

Pro-Am
    https://www.nike.com/us/en_us/e/cities/chicago/risechicago/pro-am

Hyperdunk Lo 2018 FINAO (Failure Is Not An Option)
    https://www.nike.com/us/en_us/e/cities/chicago/finao

- yes head to head friend Vs.
    - the One being able to practice in The League or The Street, to master your timing
    - The constant booting me off line with error codes, then having to log back in to my EA account is a buzz kill
    - a 1v1 or 2v2 mode against Legends, to unlock more gear, or have them join your team, like NBA Street
    - we need Roster editing, there's no reason this game should not have that, or any sports title for that matter.
    - being able to play as we did in NBA Live 16 where if no one was on line you would be able to play, I missed a lot of crate action because there was no one playing, and that is a waste of your resources to create content no one is able to use.
    - the crate system is AWESOME, but how about you make the accessories cheaper like finger wraps and accessories of such, the shoes and gear I believe are right at the cost they are at.
  • We need an online 1v1 matchmaking mode.

Also private matches for 1v1 or 5v5 with a friend!
  • Would love to see a online head to head for the wnba mode. Also would love the inclusion of creating females created players. I've enjoyed the game so far and looking forward to future titles.
  • There is a wish list thread stickied. Post your comments there for most exposure.