EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

Pertaining To Gameplay Only!!! #NbaLive18

Prev1
Prime7476
46 posts Member
edited October 2017
What are the 3 "primary"things that need to be emphasized on the next upcoming patch and please bring the rain and be real #NbaLiveCommunity
Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
Post edited by Prime7476 on

Replies

• Roster editing / creating players with more accessories and hair cuts and animations and more features to franchise mode such as like a summer league/ practice and draft classes we can import to use and also staff signings for the franchise mode it would be nice to fire a coach and sign a new one or add new coaches to the staff instead of just having a head coach
  • lildave_14 wrote: »
    Roster editing / creating players with more accessories and hair cuts and animations and more features to franchise mode such as like a summer league/ practice and draft classes we can import to use and also staff signings for the franchise mode it would be nice to fire a coach and sign a new one or add new coaches to the staff instead of just having a head coach

That isn't pertaining to gameplay those are features not gameplay
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • With gameplay we need real fouls such as traveling and over the back and lose ball fouls and real chasedown blocks more dribbling moves
  • Game play I would like to see is off ball screen to free you up as a shooter.

The ability to have 3rd secondary ability will allow for better gameplay such as traits being unlocked, such a better passing and or the. Ability to dunk.

Better calls, like the person above said, because the game lacks some key realism
  • - real mid range game excluding step backs
    - rebounding reworked
    - addition of off ball movement, defensive, offensive awareness, and help defense attribute that dictate the intelligence of individual AI.
    Xbox GT: Rock D Twitter: @jeffcortinas Member of NBA Live Veteran committee
  • put more weight to the basketball because the ball never goes out of bounds the CPU always catch up the ball when you turn it over
  • Rebounding has to emphasized & overhauled with new sequences of movement basically true basketball movement and wirh AI intelligence/hustle/effort being enforced and with these dumbed down action.
    Rules have to be enforced & incorporated period it's a fundamental action in basketball.
    This is just 1 of many to be presented. #Nlvc
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • JUDA81
    1 posts New member
    Oh boy! Gameplay! First I will say great job on the game NBA Live developers. The game is really good imo as well as many other I know. Regarding improvements to gameplay I would like to see more animations not two man sequences. The game needs better dunk variety and a way to trigger specific dunk animations. I want be able to dictate whether I do a two handed dunk verses a flashy dunk. The pro hop should be mapped to a button and not be situational. If I double tap square I should be able to pro hop instead of euro. The euro is fine being mapped to the right analog alone. What I am suggesting is find a way to give the user the majority of the control over player movement when handling the ball and shooting. It should be seamless. Post play though good can be better. Allow players to have standing dunks. Drop steps into shots can be smoother as well as post fades. Fade away shots and moving shots look bad and need more variety.

The ability to have 3rd secondary ability will allow for better gameplay such as traits being unlocked, such a better passing and or the. Ability to dunk.

Better calls, like the person above said, because the game lacks some key realism

For a off ball screen you press right on the d-pad it's a play call
  • So no one has an issue with gameplay so there just cool and good with what we have come on #NbaLiveCommunity, yes the game has improved greatly, however, their are still legacy issues that need to be gone and so forth but we can only talk pertaining to 18 so what needs to be patched in well for one stability and responsiveness to player movement and control input it needs to be tone up not down
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • Well here is one major aspect of GAMEPLAY that needs address immediately and only referring to 18 ...here is a taste of issues.
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • Clueminati
    268 posts Senior Moderator
    edited November 2017
    •Arches.
    For some who may not know. Shooting arches is usually a must have arsenal, and no matter you're doing floaters over a big man who could jump or have a crazy wingspan. Even players have certain shooting styles within an arch where there's low, mid, and high arches that players shoot. Which in ways if you look at the deadliest scorers in the game like Stephen Curry; Allen Iverson; Michael Jordan; Kobe Bryant; Reggie Miller; Ray Allen; etc. Fun fact for all who may not know during the years of Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, and Kevin Garnett. None of those led the league in scoring in the paint, Tony Parker did. All by those high arching floaters.

•Post Game Size Up
    Post game size up is the same as hybrid and shooter. Dirk, Kevin, and Laurie are shooters; Giannis is a hybrid; KD is a hybrid. At the time Kevin Garnett, Rasheed Wallace, and Tim Duncan had different styles of the post. Tim was fundamentally sound; KG and Sheed would do a size up post move; but I do believe KG as a rookie was doing it more. Best example to use is Charles Barkley in his Sixer days; Derrick Coleman as a New Jersey Net. These players would use a first step to go attack the basket as hard as they can. We can add Shawn Kemp to this post size up as well.

•Point Guard Post Game
    One thing I can say that I learned from former developer Scott O'Gallagher is this. Anyone can or could be posted up, but before you guys say something out of line. I have two players that I can back this up with. Sam Cassell and Chauncey Billups. They would go at their defender whoever is an undersized match up for them, and dominate the post game against them. Now, I have seen JJ Barea defensively out muscled LeBron James, and he couldn't even back him down during the Mavs Vs Heat NBA Finals.

•Dream Shake
    Hakeem Olajuwon teaches players the skill on The Dream Shake. Guards can do it, and so can big men as well. Not all big men because Dwight Howard can't even do a basic up and under post move by Kevin McHale; or a jumo hook / sky hook by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar when teaching him. I see some post move flashes in the game when I was playing The One. Which in ways one part of The Dream Shake is also a post size up.

•Rondo and other passes
    It's nice that the infamous elbow pass made by Jason Williams made it to the game. Rajon Rondo is a dangerous passer too when you think about his wingspan on how he doing the fake behind the back pass. His move is very illusive on where you don't know he's passing to the corner or making a lay up. If you guys remember Superstar feature with NBA LIVE where you see it on here in ways, but I'll bring up this name if you were excited to see his passes. Rafer "Skip To My Lou" Alston, NY playground legend who made it to Fresno State; and basically face of the And1 Movement before the Jelly Fam Movement. Outside of Jason Williams, I would constantly troll, and see how many passes I could do with Skip To My Lou. I was even checking out the dribble mechanics with him as well. On one run sequence, Alston who had a Superstar icon for passing performed a between the legs pass to his trailer to finish the break. The other night which I wish this became the play of the year in the NBA. Nikola Jokic performs a behind the back alley-oop to Wilson Chandler on a run, but Chandler didn't finish. That's another thing, outside of Rondo performing his pass? D'Angelo Russell does the nutmeg passes, but big man passing needs to be looked at. Jokic may be the best big man passer as a center in the league.

This post is basically about the skill, and certain fundamentals that you may or may not see in the game. Thread starter said 3, but I have to add on a few things.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • Prime7476
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The things you mention @Clueminati is mostly pertaining to The One so created players can pull these off which is cool and the legends that can be unlocked on L.U.T and Tournament Challenges which is great but its not in the core of the game fully and the stability in control and movement and fundamental elements of basketball is the issue like Rebounding and hustle is needed BADLY cause even with the lovely additions your not able to see it fluidly. And the post game is finally on the right track however player differential is the key cause only certain player should be able to execute certain moves and sequences and weight and strength need to be more presented inside the paint cause right now it's presented on the perimeter which is great but that paint needs more player interaction/ collusion interaction to be enforced the sliding off the body and the forcefield need to go. But all in all that control stability needs to be address even with the pass mechanics now is very unstable I mean freestyle passing work flawlessly and back to 18 it's bad however beautiful when you see it being carried out both passing and dribble moves so balance is key if Simulation is going to be the core. And Simulation needs to be the core but I feel they dont want Sim fully
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • More traveling, lots more fouls per game..there is a lot of contact that isn't called if they can notch it up just a bit and stop the robo layups (we all know which one those are when the guy with the ball cannot be stopped he is forces his way to the hoop L1 don't work L2 don't work, he going to score no matter what). ball out of bounds physics...the ball needs to keep rolling seems like there is an imaginary stop line for about 2 seconds then it rolls out.

Agreed

Lilbeezy305 I think they mean A.I. movement. There's little off the ball action by the A.I. that's actually HELPFUL game action. No screens, cuts in video games will FOREVER be either awfully weak or non-existent. Make the other guys do more than just "something" movement in basketball is deliberate. We need action
  • @gathoolong actually I mean and others is actually player movement it was erratic very erratic all movement however the patch stabilize 90% of it. And control unresponsiveness has been addressed however both still need work that will be on next development cycle.
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • Box out that lead to getting a rebounds body weight and movement which mean the stronger play backs down the weaker one fix the animations like passing rebounding stealing shooting walking and running female players in street 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 half court and being able to pick what type of mode we can play like tournaments adding teams in street fix the speed of players slashers feel slow big guys dribbling and crossing people fix the traits some still don't work properly the flashy dunks do not feel flashy fix blocking and movement momentum should be fix like what's in motion stays in motion fix wnba why is their no crossing other female players i know two female player who can play better than some male player and one play for the Sun's
  • Faster user speed on street run or takedowns the computer speed is to fast i havent seen a player do a chase down block yet! Mid range shot adjustments. My hybrid wing has trouble making wide open mid range except for stepbacks. Im not seeing any green areas on the shot meter For hotspot. Players tend to jump at the same time with the same animation which is weird. Please fix computer interception when you pass to player on other side of court it feel like the computers turns into odell Beckham jr. Lol. LAG LAG LAG sometimes my player moves super slow. Makes the game unplayable sometimes
  • Ball physics need to be worked on. Sometimes the ball FLIES off the rim. There's times when the ball should go out of bounds but it just stops momentum for no reason. Pressing triangle on defense looks ugly when the players jump they jump too high and slow. Some dunks look odd because the momentum the player has doesn't look like they can pull off the dunk but they do. There needs to be more animations. Layups are a MAJOR problem I see big men pulling off elite prime derrick rose like lay ups. Every player does these flashy lay ups that are extremely difficult to pull off in real life. Gameplay needs to be faster in general it feels like players move too slow compared to a real NBA game.
  • Momentum should be a big focus its times I'm running towards the rim and the defender just jumps in front of me and drags me to the baseline that doesn't happen if a defender is beat they don't catch up that quickly.