EA Forums - Banner

Welcome to the NBA LIVE Forums!

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

11/21/17: Update Feedback

Clueminati
321 posts Senior Moderator
edited November 2017
How do you guys like the 3v3? How do you guys like the update so far?

Please post your initial response, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.

Replies

• It's really lit now nba live is Live foreal! Happy thanksgiving everyone the only issue I think is the back court is too close and sometimes players force a turnover but this is good makes people play smart and not run all wild I think the 3v3 is really making nba live great again love it
  • Everything seems good. Gameplays smoother. Haven't seen a player float across the court. Just need more options for shooting guard builds or position change and ill be set.
  • What's up everyone? 3v3 has been fun but I could see it getting dull. I think it'd be cool if they implemented skill-based tiers and a numerical skill rating to 3v3 where it would be based heavily on wins and a bit on individual skills like many shooters. It doesn't have to be skill-based matchmaking, instead have bigger effects on rank gaps. For example, if the tiers are like typical shooters (bronze-diamond, then the 1 or 2 above diamond), then take the average skill rating of the 2 teams to see who's the underdog. If the gap is at a certain threshold, then the underdogs won't lose much if they lose, but gain big if they win. Finally, ratings could also be affected by your match-up. For example, if the average skill rating of the two teams are even, but you're a silver guarding their diamond, then you won't take too much of a hit if the diamond tears you up.

Might be too hard to put in now, so maybe put win-loss records over our heads in the pregame lobby with our current individual win streak and average teammate grade. Also, being able to view teammate stats in 3v3 during pregame lobby.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks to the devs for hearing us out!
  • We lit. But my only concern is the court (we only get to play on one). Also the live events could you add those courts to live run ( star force, undefeated, bape and the upcoming courts). These courts are lit. Keep them in the game. Playing 3v3 on the Brooklyn Park, Terminal 23 and Rucker Park (day version) courts will be fuego. But in a nut shell this update was what live needed.
  • What's up everyone? 3v3 has been fun but I could see it getting dull. I think it'd be cool if they implemented skill-based tiers and a numerical skill rating to 3v3 where it would be based heavily on wins and a bit on individual skills like many shooters. It doesn't have to be skill-based matchmaking, instead have bigger effects on rank gaps. For example, if the tiers are like typical shooters (bronze-diamond, then the 1 or 2 above diamond), then take the average skill rating of the 2 teams to see who's the underdog. If the gap is at a certain threshold, then the underdogs won't lose much if they lose, but gain big if they win. Finally, ratings could also be affected by your match-up. For example, if the average skill rating of the two teams are even, but you're a silver guarding their diamond, then you won't take too much of a hit if the diamond tears you up.

Might be too hard to put in now, so maybe put win-loss records over our heads in the pregame lobby with our current individual win streak and average teammate grade. Also, being able to view teammate stats in 3v3 during pregame lobby.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks to the devs for hearing us out!

Get a squad to play 3v3 and It will change the whole experience I get what your saying I agree but this is a start to something can't complain EA been doing a great job I'm impressed looking forward to what's in the future for live
  • I love the 3v3, I can't wait to see what else this game has in store. I recently bought 2K for the GM mode but I can't put down Live not even for a second, I love this game man. We need more items for the store though, especially for people who miss certain Live Events.
  • NBA live WE IN THE GAME NOW BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. I want to start off by saying amazing Job on adding the 3vs3 mode to the game, makes the game so much more fun to play again. The update was awesome they made the menus run faster now like they should. I like this update lets hope now it only gets better from here.