EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

Official Wishlist

Replies

• Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    For “The One” allow your player to play in his team uniform. Also allow your player to connect with other players who are on the same team with their league and play in tournaments or games online in 3v3 & 5v5
    Post edited by Matt_baby on
  • Dont make another game, save your time and money EA.
  • I think these basketball games are running dry, 2k doesnt give a damn at all about its users, and nba live doesnt have the engine or the capability to make a balanced structured nba game.
  • ninethirteen
    posts New member
    edited May 2018
    I know many players, both beginners and veterans alike, have had their fair share of frustrations with NBA Live 18. The game is a decent re-entry as a competitor to 2K, but if it wants to compete, it will need address the many complains that fans have and add much more content. Luckily, for EA's sake, 2K has been dropping the ball for the past two installments, so there is a good chance to claim some consideration in the sub-genre, but like I said, a lot needs to be addressed.

So, here is the list:

1. Less scripted animations! This should be the first thing to be addressed! I can't count how many times that I wanted to alter the course of my shot or pass the ball mid-shot, but was unable to do to a scripted event, which almost ALWAYS led to a turnover or a block. This was very common while playing against star players with high block stats like LeBron or Davis. I am not sure if the stats actually affect my ability to make last second adjustments, but it is noticeable.
    2. Better ball physics. This is just as important as fixing the scripted animations. I am 100% confident that anyone who has played even a single game has had the ball make contact with a teammate or opponent in any fashion, causing the ball to bounce off and travel an usually far distance, usually leading to a steal.
    3. Better "man" tracking. sigh I feel like I don't need to express this one. I think we are all too familiar with the last second adjustments that the game makes while we are on defense, forcing us to guard someone else just moments before they attempt to score. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible, possibly with this recent installment. What I would recommend is that there could be a "floor general" who directs the player to guard specific people, akin to what play-makers like Draymond or LeBron do when on the floor. This way, the player can have auditory clues as to who to guard and have time to react. My fourth point will also go more in depth to this.
    4. More decision making over the utilization of zone/junk defenses. I really do mean this. This game has about 2-3 plays on defense that all pertain to man-to-man coverage. There NEEDS to be more options while on both ends of the floor, but defense should be a higher priority. I would like for the d-pad play a bigger role with specific buttons offering a different type of defense.There would be about 4 or 5 options that the computer generated coach would select before timeout expires. Player input can be added, so if the coach has a game plan that doesn't work for what the player is trying to do, the coach can have an explanation or a diagram of what the opposition has been doing on offense and defense and the player can choose a set of plays that will give them the advantage. These plays are based on multiple factors such as a star defender being in foul trouble early, trouble w/ perimeter or key shooters. and etc. There should also be the option to focus on a specific player to prevent him or her from getting or staying in rhythm.
    5. Wider camera that can cover the whole floor...or at least scroll with the player. I use the ESPN Broadcast camera, which I believe is the widest perspective out of the many that are in the game. I still have issues on defense in instances where I cannot completely see the man that I am supposed to be guarding, which almost always leads to a pass for an open shot.
    6. MUCH more commentary. I am tired of hearing the same generic commentary for every single game! UHHH! Like, I will never understand why no one ever thought about recording commentary from the NBA games and then place them into the game. Also, I would like for commentators to point out career milestones for players.When I was playing in The League, my character broke Wilt Chamberlain's record for the most points in a single season by a rookie while breaking the single game record for the most steals. Both were not even recognized.
    7. Stamina should play a HUGE factor in player performance. I think that this should also be a immediate change that should be made. Stamina in this game doesn't reflect real life. There should be consequences to utilizing so much energy. The three things that I feel should be added are an increase chance of injury, stamina penalties in the next game, and the decrease in ability to push off or move/create through the space of the floor. This would ultimately have an impact on your shot and overall athleticism, which would obviously force players to more aware about their play style. Another thing would be to simulated practices that can be used in The League and Franchise. These would allow the player temporary boosts to stats that they may lack in. If the player practices often in a particular stats, he/she can receive a permanent boost.Too many practices can eventually wear down the player to the point where they can face the three consequences mentioned previously.
    8. More control as a GM in Franchise Mode + Trade Finder! I really would like to feel as if I have more influence and impact as a GM. I know many of you guys do too. I want to be able to move my team, schedule team practices, and other responsibilities that comes with being in this position. I really want to be aware of all of the nuances that comes with the job, including financial balancing, maintaining morale, and etc. 2K has been doing this on a much smaller scale, which is not to say that doing so is bad thing by any means, but what I am trying to say is that there is a lot that can be expanded upon in a sport's franchise mode. Also, please...please add a trade finder to the game! I have given up on continuing with my franchise because of the trading system. It is practically impossible to make quality trades. Just do it!
    9. New Modes and more content to pre-existing modes: Ultimate Team needs to be expanded upon. There is a lot of room for improvement. Same goes for the pick up games. I would like to be able to have a vote as to what the match number will be. If that is too much of a hassle, allow the host of the lobby to select the number. I would also like to see a mode where servers are made for players who want to use their created character and try out for the league. Existing players will not be in this league, only created characters. The league will have a schedule and practices as well. I am not sure if having coaches should be a thing for obvious reasons, but it could be an interesting dynamic if done appropriately. It could also be interesting to have online commentators calling the games. I would think the only way to get quality people to do something like this is if they are benefit in some form or given a load of in game currency to buy items with or something.
    10. Updated Playlists every month. Anyone else tired of hearing "Rollie, Rollie, Rollie with a dab of ranch" at least three times an hour when we decide to play? I know that I can play songs from Spotify or remove specific tracks from the queue, but my wish is that EA would put on more artists that people may be unfamiliar with. There should also be separate playlists for different genres. I understand that hip-hop and hip-hop are close, but people need more music to get pumped to. Basketball is an international sport, so the music should reflect that.
    11. Higher frame rates while playing online: Y'all know what I am talking about. Nothing else to add. Moving onto the next point.
    12. Be able to look up historical statistics and set milestones to accomplish them. One recommendation that I have is that the game should notify you when you are close to breaking a record and have the commentary anticipating the record being broken. It would add a lot of excitement to the game and give players more incentive to play harder until the final whistle.
    13. Ability to have player's character play in simulated games on The League. Yep. Nothing to really say here. With the current product being the way that it is, It is just an inconvenience (a chore, really) to have to play in every single game to ensure my team's success. Also, I have read that many people have had their whole round in the playoffs simulated rather than just one game, which is unfortunate for players that have a team full of lackeys.
    14. The atmosphere needs to be electric. When I am playing street ball, it never feels like a event where NBA players are showcasing. The parks hosts the average attendance of a little league game. No one is going losing their minds over a dunk or antagonizing their least favorite player. The kids aren't screaming for their favorite player to wake themselves out of a shooting slump. The announcer isn't making subtle or direct taunts on the speakers. Having been to multiple basketball showcases over the years, this game doesn't even try to mimic the atmosphere that street ball games have. The same goes for games in the league. Besides the generic cheering, the crowd never feels alive. In 2K, the crowd is much more dynamic, cheering at the top of their lungs on pivotal plays or silencing after a dagger with only 2 seconds left. The screen doesn't pan out to the crowd after a team comes back from a considerable deficit. Like, nothing feels how it should.
    15. Better A.I.. When the ball is live, teammates react ever so slowly and simply refuse to show urgency in getting the ball. This is also the case when passing or calling for the ball. On occasion, teammates or players on the opposing team will get hit in the head and teammates will just cease to play on the ball, giving the other team a chance to steal. I would recommend giving the player the option to control the pace of the game with the d-pad. Another thing that needs to be addressed are the poor screens. Players should be able to direct the nearest player (or a specific one) to screen and have the person screen stay there to open room for a shot. Anyone who sets screens are all to familiar with setting up an isolation, calling for the screen, and then moving around it only just to be met by another defender(s) because the person responsible for the screen abandoned their assignment.
  • emobtyler
    posts Member
    edited May 2018
    1. More customization in LUT
    Logo, jersey, mascot, venue creation
    2. Legendary and all-time teams in play now
    3. Private matchmaking for head to head games in LUT, or normal head to head.
    4. Single and multiplayer street games, with legendary players included and private or public matchmaking. (1 on 1, 2 on 2 , 3 on 3, 5 on 5)
    5.Custom clothing/shoe colorways and more brands for live events in The One mode.
    6. More layup animations besides the cheese reverse layup most players never do in real life.
    7. Bug fixes and smoother movement
    8. More animations
    9. Oh and more featured no requirement live events for LUT
    I really hope you guys look at this and take it in consideration. I quit pay to play 2k all together last year and only play Live now. My email is [email protected] please hmu if I can help some more.
  • 1. More customization in LUT
    Logo, jersey, mascot, venue creation
    2. Legendary and all-time teams in play now
    3. Private matchmaking for head to head games in LUT, or normal head to head.
    4. Single and multiplayer street games, with legendary players included and private or public matchmaking. (1 on 1, 2 on 2 , 3 on 3, 5 on 5)
    5.Custom clothing/shoe colorways and more brands for live events in The One mode.
    6. More layup animations besides the cheese reverse layup most players never do in real life.
    7. Bug fixes and smoother movement
    8. More animations
    9. Oh and more featured no requirement live events for LUT
    I really hope you guys look at this and take it in consideration. I quit pay to play 2k all together last year and only play Live now.
  • I posted back in December but finally started playing Franchise Mode. To add to the list I already made, I would like to see these specific changes to Franchise:

1. Couch co-op so my friends can control a team.
    2. Player lock in case we want to each create a player and play on the same team.
    3. Importing custom rosters
    4. Roster editing within the mode (Tatum is number 53 because I have Kevin Love. Weird number)
    5. I love the progression system, menu layout, and simplicity
    6. Hiring/firing coaches (idk if this is there already)

I'm having a great time with the mode and can't wait to see how they build off of it.
  • Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    I posted back in December but finally started playing Franchise Mode. To add to the list I already made, I would like to see these specific changes to Franchise:

1. Couch co-op so my friends can control a team.
    2. Player lock in case we want to each create a player and play on the same team.
    3. Importing custom rosters
    4. Roster editing within the mode (Tatum is number 53 because I have Kevin Love. Weird number)
    5. I love the progression system, menu layout, and simplicity
    6. Hiring/firing coaches (idk if this is there already)

I'm having a great time with the mode and can't wait to see how they build off of it.

I agree. Live has to really go in next year. They’ve done it before. They can do it. Use the same mechanics as Madden.

I would love to see an Online Franchise. With legends added. Fantasy draft. Commissioner & commish options for franchise changes.

I would like to see an All Star Weekend within a Franchise and online Franchise. Online all star game mode with 10 users. Online 3 point contest. Bring dunk contest back

Add the same modes to the WNBA, be able to create WNBA players. The one for a WNBA player. Be able to play 1vs1 2vs2, 3 vs 3, 5vs5 with WNBA player or coed with nba players.
  • Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    For The One in the The League. Could there be an option to control all of your players and not just your player. The cpu player movement and basketball IQ is not good. I could actually play the league if I could control my teammates
  • Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    Does anybody know when EA Play will be for NBA Live 19? I’m from the East Coast but would love to come to Cali for it. Plus I’ve never been to Cali lol. Wish there was an EA Play event on the east coast, maybe in Orlando
  • Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    Yo Live, NBA 2K has already released Lebron on the cover for 2K19. Gotta one up them. Let’s put KD on the cover lol or I would put the entire Warriors team on the cover. Honorable mention Joel Embiid & Ben Simmons together. I got faith in you Live. Haven’t played 2K18 at all. I’m loyal. Let’s get it EA & Live 19
  • Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    What also would be dope is to allow you to change the time of day for outside courts. Morning, afternoon, night. Also be able to change it from hot to cold. Have players wear long socks, sweaters, skully’s, etc.
    • H2H vs. friends (in LUT and with NBA teams)
    • LUT Seasons, Draft, and Champions (making LUT more like Madden's or FIFA's. If you played them, then you know what I mean!)
    • Have scenarios as challenges in LUT instead of only fully played matches
    • Skill-based ranked ladder tiers in 3v3 (I mentioned this in a couple of other threads so I'll spare you the details unless someone wants them).
    • Local Franchise co-op (multiple users controlling multiple teams in the same franchise).
    • A hybrid between FIFA's Pro Clubs and 2k's Pro-Am where there's pre-made teams, timed matches with official rules, stat tracking, rankings, and seasons.
    • Don't limit us to leveling up 6 traits for our created player.
    • Roster editing (I don't care much about this, but will mention it since it's a popular request)
    • Get rid of loot crates for everything. Let us pick our general gear, but maybe keep legendary and epic crates as exclusive, very rare gear. This could be incorporated into the ranked 3v3 where higher ranked players are awarded exclusive gear over lower ranked players. For example, Diamonds will be awarded exclusive gear over Bronze players at the end of the competitive seasons (yes, like shooters).
    • Player of the Game instead of high point scorer at the end of Live Run
    • Idle boot in Live Run
    • Quit penalty in H2H in both Ranked and LUT (Award the player that didn't quit with a pack of contracts and a win in LUT and a win for Ranked. Give the players that quit a loss).
    • Fix online stability in H2H for both Ranked and LUT
    • Finally, allow us to select our gender for created players. It would be cool if we could choose our path as an NBA or WNBA superstar, then ALL meet up in the parks!

I love the gameplay and never change the simplicity of the controls:
    • Make passing smoother when swinging the ball (it's a bit inconsistent right now)
    • Ease up on ankle breakers
    • Allow us to pass out of any shot (sometimes can't because of animations)
    • A button to dive for the ball
    • No cut scenes after made baskets in Live Run (slows the game down)
    • More post moves

Now that NBA Live 19 is starting to lightly promote, last thing I'd like to see is Lisa Leslie as the cover athlete. I remember watching her dunk during one of her games and wondering if that was allowed. Legendary.
  • Ive noticed every time a player goes for a dunk their facial expressions never change, almost everyone opens their mouth while attempting a dunk and some may even take out their tongue(M. Jordan)
  • Clueminati
    314 posts Senior Moderator
    I am always in the LUT portion of the game, and I know this late. I have asked for a few things to happen. More jerseys like alternate, throwback, and practice jerseys to be available for the game. I do want to see a deeper LUT with other players that I wish we can get these names if EA comes through.

Names like...
    1. Scottie Pippen - Portland Trailblazers / Houston Rockets
    2. Steve Francis - Houston Rockets
    3. Latrell Sprewell - Minnesota Timberwolves / New York Knicks
    4. Clyde Drexler - Houston Rockets
    5. Chauncey Billups - Detroit Pistons
    6. Jason Williams - Sacramento Kings
    7. Baron Davis - Charlotte Hornets / Golden State Warriors
    8. Stephon Marbury - Minnesota Timberwolves / Phoenix Suns
    9. Chris Jackson / Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf - Denver Nuggets
    10. Rasheed Wallace - Detroit Pistons
    11. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Los Angeles Lakers / Lew Alcindor - Milwaukee Bucks
    12. Mike Bibby - Sacramento Kings
    13. Arvydas Sabonis - Portland Trailblazers (rookie)
    14. Len Bias - Boston Celtics (rookie, but with a "What If.." rating)
    15. Kobe Bryant - Los Angeles Lakers both 8 and 24
    16. Michael Jordan - Chicago Bulls both 23 and 45 / Washington Wizards
    17. Chris Webber - Washington Bullets / Golden State Warriors
    18. Reggie Miller - Indiana Pacers
    19. Gilbert Arenas - Washington Wizards
    20. Charles Barkley - Philadelphia 76ers / Phoenix Suns / Houston Rockets
    21. Nate Thurmond - Golden State Warriors

The list can go on and on where this can be exhausting. I know that Jordan, Webber, Miller, Barkley, and Kobe is a shot in the dark. Maybe it can happen, maybe not. I also do want to see classic arenas in the game like the old school Milwaukee Bucks court that was called The Mecca; the LA Coliseum or the Forum; and including the Seattle Supersonics court. I like to LIVE do the same thing like Madden on having the first 10 1st round rookie pack available after the NBA Draft.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • stevenomes
    182 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I've said this before but when it comes to gameplay keep the arcade feel to differentiate from 2k. obviously it needs some improvements still but dont turn to full sim. you cant compete with 2k this way they have so much more developed ove the years.

another big thing is the one. keep the simplicity as it was in live 18. it should be about the player and his experience and development while any narrative is secondary. dont go to developed cut scenes like 2k. it just makes it so cheap and shoe horns you into certain perceptions and stereotypes. keep the narrative in test messages like it was in live 18.

unlike some others I preferred the more locked archetypes. it created a way to differentiate your player between all the others. when I would play my player in 2k the player always ended up feeling the same by the end of it. I like promoting a certain archetype but it does need a little more freedom. not skyrim like freedom that some want but more than what was in 18.

legend teams - dont need huge amounts of them but its always more fun playing as a legend team than a current one. I know this cost money to buy the licenses but it would really add to replay value of the game.

regarding WNBA, I could careless about it but if you are going to have it in the game might as well make it more fleshed out. only being able to do quick games made it seem like it was just added to check a box. make more modes available with this.

roster editor available from launch. we should able to update the rosters ourselves. this was proven time and time again by slow updates to the nba live 18 rosters by EA. if we could edit them ourselves there would be far less complaints about certain players still being on the wrong teams etc. I know this was added later last year but make it available from launch.

I also agree about discounting the game at launch. make it $39.99 or whatever to compete. you know nba live ended up being $8 in ps store 2/3 of way through the year. keep price a bit lower to start and you may be able to hold it there longer. 2k is going to lose a lot more players due to their shady microtransactions and VC last year. players are fed up with being taken for a ride by making the game a grind to develop your player unless you want to pay up. make your game as player friendly as possible. keep the currency systems like you had. skill points instead of currency to level up. make the currency separate like it was in 18. only used for cosmetics.
  • Clueminati
    edited June 2018
    I like what you're saying Steve, and the thing about the whole VC with 2K? That's going to be an issue regardless until the end of the season, or All-Star Weekend when you see a discount hitting for a percentage off. I for one, and I will admit this when it came to the 2K VC. I will buy 2 $99 just to stack them up where I have the 2K app on my phone. With the 2K app on the phone you can win free VC challenging people on those ridiculous 2K Yu-Gi-Oh like cards to add on top of what you got, and it was like easy money to splurge on My Player because I would have at least over 3.5 million VC.

Now, with the WNBA; I want to see it more in depth and deep within the NBA LIVE system. Because if we're going to add them in Streets and as a venue for themselves? They can be on Ultimate Team too, and I am only saying that where if you put up a male fundamentals versus a female fundamentals in basketball. Who is more sound and skillful? I can sit here and say there's no pass first guards in the NBA, and there's no true center where that's dying in the NBA after the names of DeAndre Jordan, Clint Capella; Alex Len; Jonas Valanciunas and we can say Hassan Whiteside but he's now practicing 3 point shots like JaVale McGee and Marc Gasol. Which that's the evolution of the game by evolving more besides being that one dimensional player. I remember watching Alexis Hornbuckle and Renee Montgomery around my way dogging every guy on the court; Chamique Holdsclaw can ball; Doris Burke can ball back in the Providence University days when Billy Donovan was playing (which if Jalen Rose can be a LUT so can she); Cheryl Miller who is an absolute beast dropping 105 points in one night in high school; Nancy Liberman-Cline is a complete legend; and I can go on and on with the names Vicky Bullett; Tina Thompson; Dawn Staley; Sheryl Swoopes; Sue Bird; Diana Taurasi; Rebecca Lobo; Swinn Cash; Teresa Weatherspoon; and Cynthia Cooper. There are tons of directions to take LUT to with current; legends; and WNBA. That's if EA decided to choose to add WNBA in the pool, and remember we do have female basketball fans that plays the sport and the game, shout out to NBA LIVE Girl that's on my Twitter.

I forgot to mention is that we got to stay true to the players that are classics in LUT. John Stockton, Pete Maravich, and others before the 90s did not wear long shorts. There are now players in college wearing those old school short shorts outside of the others who may bring back the Fab 5 baggy shorts.

I do want to see Twitter interactions, and actually have my player accepting sponsors plus discussions about his shoe deals with Nike, Puma, Reebok, Under Armor, and Jordan. Where Tinker works with you on how you want to design your shoe similar to Nike ID. Bring back the ESPN Integration and make it more deeper. We seen it one time with the NCAA series where they had both ESPN and CBS involved. Where in NCAAF in a career there were game breaks where they will talking about a certain ranked team on a brink of an upset during a timeout. NCAAB had a very depth commentary with Digger, Clark, Dickie V, and same went for NCAAF as well. If EA can do NBA First Take? They can bring in NBA The Jump; NBA Pregame; and definitely different stations like NBA on ESPN and NBA on ABC. Because there's different commentators just like how it was with NCAAB and NCAAF. I believe Madden at the did that too as well.

A question that I am going throw out here for anyone and everyone to respond.

NBA LIVE at the time had greats in certain era's, and they also had those all-star teams like 60's All-Stars; 70's All-Stars; 80's All-Stars; plus FIBA; etc. Would you guys like to see something like that to come back if we can push for more teams? Or would you guys like to see something a little more like Madden use to do with All-Time Teams per franchise? Which Jordan, Barkley, Kobe, Kareem / Lew, and Reggie will not be on the game; but more likely known as PLAYER 99 or whatever.

A thought down the road when the game is expanding.
    Post edited by Clueminati on
  • Clueminati wrote: »
    The list can go on and on where this can be exhausting. I know that Jordan, Webber, Miller, Barkley, and Kobe is a shot in the dark. Maybe it can happen, maybe not. I also do want to see classic arenas in the game like the old school Milwaukee Bucks court that was called The Mecca; the LA Coliseum or the Forum; and including the Seattle Supersonics court. I like to LIVE do the same thing like Madden on having the first 10 1st round rookie pack available after the NBA Draft.
    Guys like Jordan, Kobe, Kareem, Barkley, etc. not being in LUT is understandable considering they'd require specific deals to be implemented in the game. However, it always annoyed me that Live Mobile included players that the console version didn't have.

Some guys that you mentioned like Francis, Webber, Sabonis and White Chocolate are all included on the mobile version. Other players missing from the console version like Peja Stojakovic, Ben Wallace and Grant Hill are all on Live Mobile, too, amongst others.

Wonder why they're not on console when clearly EA already has their rights, or is capable of getting them at least.
  • Clueminati
    k1nGj0hN03 wrote: »
    Guys like Jordan, Kobe, Kareem, Barkley, etc. not being in LUT is understandable considering they'd require specific deals to be implemented in the game. However, it always annoyed me that Live Mobile included players that the console version didn't have.

Some guys that you mentioned like Francis, Webber, Sabonis and White Chocolate are all included on the mobile version. Other players missing from the console version like Peja Stojakovic, Ben Wallace and Grant Hill are all on Live Mobile, too, amongst others.

Wonder why they're not on console when clearly EA already has their rights, or is capable of getting them at least.

That's true. If we can jump back into the timeline. If I can recall, NBA JAM an EA product had a bit more legends in the game at the time when NBA LIVE started doing LUT. There should be a necessary balance from console to mobile; and from product to product since I mentioned that NBA JAM having a bit more legends than LIVE. Therefore, have that equal balance of legends in the LUT.
  • Hello Live community, I normally like to stay behind the scenes and give feedback through email or other outlets but I wanted to get deeper in the forums this time. I see most feedback and issues players have with Live 18 and from the new Game play and trailer we see a lot of improvements. This said I never met one perfect video game especially sports games. They are one of the most toughest to create and satisfy all. The trust is you change one thing and it changes everything else and its hard to find a balance that every player will agree with. There are core changes that always help like movement and graphics but even thoughts can be a issue. Too many animations its not you controlling the player, There is a give and take to all this and devs got to fine tune most of that through trail and error. In this digital day and age everyone is a expert and knows what to do so they all make videos telling devs this is broken or that should change. Very few times do they actually give devs a solution to how to make improvement. This needs to change and like someones mother always says "If you dont got anything good to say dont say it at all." Wait dont listen to that its wrong to say dont say anything but I mean is try and give ideas, good and bad issues and how this can be fixed.

Sure its not your job to fix the game but if you going to rant about it than its your responsibility to address a issue and provide some solutions. This isn't even about games its life in general. If you "cared" for someone would you just blast them with negative rants or will you help them find a solution to the issues? Common sense but I wanted to address that before I go ahead and give a little feedback.

For me, I am hype about a lot of the news I read about Live 19, Build a Squad seems fun but I got to be honest I am in the minority when I say I want more actual NBA focused content. These silly street ball, Live ultimate team and so on are great fun. Keeping millions entertained but for a Hardcore NBA fan I want more NBA focused features. From what I read the career mode is redefined more depth which is awesome. Franchise mode haven't heard a thing about that. I mean its tough being a true NBA Guys as my opinion isn't as popular as guys wanting Street ball features but I play 12 minute Quarters, no displays, Fatigue and injuries. Makes for a lot of NBA experiences on subs, timeouts, fouls and so on. Overall Live does a good job on that. they changed the core movement and other parts but the base is there and they building off it. I am ranting about NBA experience because last thing I want is NBA Live to turn into "The Other Guys" and no one plays NBA content just Street ball. This is the current trend and its the players fault for falling in love with hype and not realizing you buying a game that says NBA on it.

In my opinion The One did a good job offering players freedom to focus on NBA or streets but I know way too many players who never even played a NBA game and stuck to the Street ball and had 5 98 overall. While this good to have that freedom its a NBA game and there should be a system in lace to force players to enjoy the NBA aspects. example in LIVE 18 to get from 98 to 99 you had to complete a certain amount of NBA games to unlock it. Thats the type of stuff I hope is getting deeper in the game.

Why would I want this? well players need to work to be max. In Live 18 all you needed to do was run Live events or live run with friends and they can carry you to 98 in a few hours. What I would like to see in 2019 is you can only get 15 skill points in the streets and the rest is in official NBA games. Add to that I would want a system of challenges to unlock the last 5 skill points to reach Max. This will only reveal after you reach 95 overall. Challenges will be varied to make it interesting. Now keep in mind I know about the new Icon system being a big change and that alone will entertainment but again if I can do everything in the streets than why is the game called NBA? All i am asking for is a adjustment to the overall skills system making it focus on both NBA and streets. I address thing last year after seeing tons of friends miss out on a cool NBA career mode simply playing Live events and Live run to level up. After my second character I leveled up 3 guys to 98 only playing Live events. Again the freedom is nice but I hope Live 19 changes some of that to add depth to leveling up and give players NBA ball more often.

All this said I didnt want to dive into what most do like turbo + lapup/dunk being unstoppable sometimes, or the steal spam life that i am guilty of myself. I wanted to give input on something important to the experience. So making players work for max player a bit with variety. Cannot just level up playing Live events. Thats my 2 cents for today but I am always giving info on the game and community in my twitter or discord.

Twitter.com/MagGamerInc

NBA Live Players join the NBA Live: Find a Squad Discord.

https://discord.gg/8VfJKDz

I should have read rules about links hope thats ok. if not I'll delete it mods dont hurt my feelings. Again My message is spread love and keep your head. Excited for Live 19 and hope devs see this and at least tweak it a little bit. Thank you for those who read this. Stay Live....