EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live 19 - The trailer, the ONE & more

2Next

Replies

• EA_Roger wrote: »
    Be THE ONE and Build Your Squad for Global Dominance.

NBA LIVE 19 is officially on the way and will be dropping on September 7, 2018, NBA LIVE 19 offers a number of gameplay innovations starting with Real Player Motion, a revamped experience on The League and The Streets, an all-new feature called Build Your Squad, and the return of THE ONE.

Mister Rahul took the time to walk us through each feature and even sat down with Ryan Santos, NBA Live's own Creative director, you can check out the detailed articles below.
    1. Gameplay innovations
    2. The ONE
    3. The League and The Streets
    4. The New Icon system
    5. Build Your Squad (all new feature).
    6. GameChanger videos & insight

7. The International Courts of NBA LIVE 19
    8. 2018 NBA LIVE Awards
    9. An Inside Look at Joel Embiid, NBA LIVE 19 Cover Athlete
    d4j3gyouz1zx.jpg

Credit to @dragonth4Q for the image above.

- Rahul Lal (Follow Rahul on Twitter @rlal95)

Okay what about the skill points..... the left over skill points...... will we be able to share them with other players or build another skill? That is the the question I need answered....
  • Okay what about the skill points..... the left over skill points...... will we be able to share them with other players or build another skill? That is the the question I need answered....
  • FL-BOI-D wrote: »
    I've played 2K since 2K12 and this year was the end of the road for me. My buddy convinced me to pick up Live for $5 in the PS Store. Although it doesn't move like 2K, Live has all the potential to reclaim the throne. Movement aside the two biggest problems I have with Live 18 is the unrealistic ability to finish at the rim, no matter who's there. #2 is the unrealistic ability to steal the ball by just spamming, and I have yet to see a foul called in 3V3. LIVE PLEASE TURN DOWN DUNKS AND STEALS IN 19 PLEASE!!!!!!!!

this was the same for me last year. I'd played 2k for years and up until around 2014/2015 everything was okay but after this it started to go quickly down hill. the focus on myplayer and microtransactions was no surely part of it, but I could still get down with playing as legend teams which was my absolute favorite. however 2017 was the first year I sold the game before end of January. I could not deal anymore with it and had an incident where I burned my hand on a pizza pan taking it out of the oven, because I was so angry about something that happened during a game. this was a wakeup call for me. the game only induced rage and I had far fewer positive feelings than negative ones. mostly because AI felt so cheap and unless i practice drills for hour and hours I could not beat it on better than pro. I decided at one point when I could compete on all star that it just wasn't worth it because computer played so cheap I couldnt take it. the game just wasn't fun anymore.

So I decided to do a test, had nba 2k16 on my ps4 still because it had got it free through ps+. then I bought nba live 16 for $10 and played them back to back with the same settings and teams etc. live was a joy and 2k on the other hand just was infuriating. I came to realize I dont really want 100% simulation and I liked the somewhat arcade feel of nba live.

then for 2018 I ended up getting live on preorder because of the 33% discount and also best buy gamers club it ended up being only $31. this was the first time I ever maxed a player in the myplayer mode. the one was great and it felt good to actually be successful instead of being a huge grind unless I wanted to drop money on VC. it was refreshing. end of January I found a deal on nba 2k for $24 so I ended up buying it just to see how it was, knowing gamestop was offering $26 trade in anyway. I bought it, played 3 days and the same thing as before. infuriating and I just didnt enjoy it. I traded it to gamestop for $26 and never looked back.
  • For NBA Live 19

Just a thought. Now that you can create female players. Are we going to be able to scan multiple faces under one account with NBA Companion App?

Would like to scan my face, my son, and wife’s face for other players
  • @EA_Leeloo
    @EA_Roger

Please let us create multiple The One players which we can also use in our Ultimate Team and /or Franchise and / or custom Nba League Roster (offline or online depends what works for you guys)

Just being able to multiple game saves would make the world. Thanks.

And hope we still keep our own gameface in live 19. If it means to rescan for higher res then so be it. That personal touch live does need to sweep NBA 2K.

Thanks in advance.
  • I was reading the article on the narrative change for The One sponsors & I really hope it is changed because signing with a brand meant absolutely nothing in 18. I have high hopes for 19, please don't let us down!
  • MauriceSki wrote: »
    @EA_Leeloo
    @EA_Roger

Please let us create multiple The One players which we can also use in our Ultimate Team and /or Franchise and / or custom Nba League Roster (offline or online depends what works for you guys)

Just being able to multiple game saves would make the world. Thanks.

And hope we still keep our own gameface in live 19. If it means to rescan for higher res then so be it. That personal touch live does need to sweep NBA 2K.

Thanks in advance.

I agree, if I still have the companion app and my face scan is there from Live 18 can I use that in Live19 and get right to playing with my player. Also in Live 19 if you reach a certain level can you keep certain outfits and sneakers to carry over into Live 20. Just a thought
  • Also I was thinking since Live is about being “In the game” then can you guys scan music artist that are on the soundtrack and place them into the crowd for live matchups or playoff games or playing online vs an opponent. Just a thought. Maybe have an artist perform at halftime
  • Also I was thinking since Live is about being “In the game” then can you guys scan music artist that are on the soundtrack
  • Online Franchise please. Live 18 is progressing nicely. Would love to start an online franchise with a fantasy draft with other users
  • Hey EA Guys. Can we get some type of ranking system for opponents you play online in H2H. I’m currently playing somebody and it’s obvious they want me to quit so the can get the W. They don’t have any pauses left but they can continue to pause the game. I’ve offered to quit and don’t count results but they declined it. This is terrible, shouldn’t have to go through this. If you don’t want to play then quit.