EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

2018 NBA LIVE Awards.

NatureBoy2323
2885 posts Game Changer
zflnstc99nvv.png

The NBA Awards are almost here and, after an incredible season, we’re already starting to look forward to the season that’s to come. But, before we do that, we have to take a second to hand out some of our own NBA Awards – even if they’re maybe not as traditional as the ones handed out on June 25. Without further ado, let’s read through the awards!

The Best Dressed Award

I mean, it has to be Russell Westbrook, right? Sure, the guy was spectacular notching a second consecutive triple-double average (25.4 points, 10.3 assists, and 10.1 rebounds per game), but even if his team wasn’t making many great headlines on a daily basis, his outfits were!

Always one of the most fashion-forward and style conscious ball players, Russell Westbrook has earned the nickname Russell Swagbrook (I’ll stop now, don’t worry).

NBA Tweeter of the Year

All NBA players and GMs with burner accounts! Just kidding – the award actually goes to Joel Embiid who, if we had ratings in NBA LIVE 19 for Tweeting ability, would be an obvious 99 and perennial MVP candidate.

It’s weird to think, but it was only this time last year that we were wondering if Embiid would be able to string together a full season and continue the production he had in his rookie year that gave us some incredible moments and left Sixers’ fans salivating.

Spoiler: he didn’t disappoint.

This past season, Embiid averaged 23 points, 11 rebounds, and over three assists – a stat that’s very impressive for a big-bodied center like himself. On top of that, Embiid elevated himself to the elite status that we all hoped he would get to – “The Process” is now officially done processing and ready to take over, and he knows it.

Best Stir the Pot Moment

James Harden is one of the top players in the league and just put together a very special seasons. As the frontrunner for MVP, Harden put up over 30 points, eight assists, and five rebounds while leading the Rockets to a top overall seed.

The NBA Players’ Association votes on awards before the actual NBA Awards and his own peers voted Harden this season’s MVP winner. Stirring the Pot, a celebration he does after dominating moments in a game, seemed to happen often, but none were more impressive than this:

I mean, the audacity! First, Harden crossed Wesley Johnson over so bad that Johnson wasn’t sure where to look first. But, that’s not too bad – it happens, we get it.

The disrespect came when Harden decided to take a breather in the middle of the play just to lick his lips, stare down Johnson’s soul, and drill a three in a game that would eventually wind up having the Rockets storming into secret tunnels and seeing several suspensions. What a moment!

Best Steph Gonna Steph Moment

Well, let’s be real – Steph Curry can have a terrible game and somehow still wow us after hitting one shot and grabbing that momentum back (example A: The NBA Finals). This year’s Steph Gonna Steph moment came when Curry broke yet another three-point record – in Game Two of the NBA Finals, Curry hit nine three-pointers en route to 33 points. Those nine triples were good enough to break Ray Allen’s record eight three-pointers back in Game Two of the 2010 Finals for the Celtics.

Most Likely To. . . (An Award-Giving Lightening Round)

Beat You in NBA LIVE 18.

Easy. Did you see the video of Chris Paul beating Eric Gordon at a game of NBA LIVE 18?

Celebrate a Layup in the First Quarter

I feel like Draymond Green won’t be afraid to celebrate anything – at any time. That’s why you need to be worried about Dray throwing some pettiness back in your face the second you step on the floor.

Go Hollywood Next Year

To clarify, we’re not talking about playing in Los Angeles – just about the idea of becoming the next iconic NBA celebrity. That said, Anthony Davis, a.k.a. “The Brow,” has turned into the talent we all expected and had a number of incredible commercials and moments on and off the court – he’s up next!

Release an Album

I’ll be honest – I was conflicted by Vic Oladipo’s Jodeci-like pipes and Damian Lillard’s flow, but Lonzo Ball released a diss track to his teammate!

Kyle Kuzma didn’t seem to have much more to say after the track made waves on social media but, it was actually better than I expected it to be – sure, it was a joke, and Kuzma was undoubtedly aware this was in the works, but the Lakers apparently asked the two to stop the roasting. That being said, without diss tracks in his arsenal, Lonzo will probably look to work on his second studio album this offseason.

Since we’re here – let’s quickly run through the regular awards:

MVP – James Harden

Rookie of the Year – Ben Simmons (yes, he is a rookie)

Sixth Man of the Year – Lou Williams

Most Improved Player of the Year – Vic Oladipo

Defensive Player of the Year – Rudy Gobert

Coach of the Year – Dwane Casey

-Rahul Lal (Follow Rahul on Twitter @rlal95)

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2018/nba-live-awards