EA Forums - Banner

Welcome to the NBA LIVE Forums!

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

Is the Top 5 centers spot on?

Clueminati
321 posts Senior Moderator
edited August 2018
Ratings are out. Please vote, and share your thoughts.

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2018/ratings-top5-centers

Is the Top 5 centers spot on? 4 votes

Yes
0%
No
100%
NatureBoy2323Matt_babystevenomesImBatman82 4 votes
Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.

Replies

• No
    The photo shows Embiid but highest ranked player is AD. is it supposed to show AD photo since hes top on the list?

I would have given cousins low 90s rating last year but coming off injury hes going to be limited. still probably better than a lot of guys but I'd put him at mid 80s for now until we see how he looks.
  • Clueminati
    I agree with the Boogie Cousins comment, and I notice Rudy Gobert is 89. With Boogie Cousins injured. Do you feel that Nikola Jokic should be top 5? Where he is a triple double machine?
  • No
    I think jokic should be ahead of Rudy. hes better all around whereas Gobert is more like amazing defense but lower offensive skilled.
  • Clueminati
    One person I've totally forgot is Clint Capela.
  • NatureBoy2323
    3278 posts Game Changer
    No
    IMO, the first four are too high but number five is just right.
  • No
    Embiid over David
  • Clueminati
    I dunno... Anthony Davis may not be a complete big man, but he's versatile fundamental wise. He's not Kareem Abdul-Jabbar / Hakeem Olajuwon like, but from then to now. He was a point guard before that crazy growth spurt over the summer.

Note to the fact. Brow was 6'2" in high school, so I can see how having a rating higher than Embiid, but mainly an equal rating. Although, Davis gets that edge where he does have better ball handling skills IMO.
  • No
    AD is currently best center in the league.
  • Clueminati
    Let me clean up the Anthony Davis comment about him being not being a complete big man with a back to the basket mentality. Which that is a bruiser like type of style that players have. Shaquille O'Neal, Patrick Ewing, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, David Robinson, Bill Walton, Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain (check the flip after mentioning his name) comes to my mind. The thing is that Davis is a triple threat type of center. Dribble, shoot, and plays tough defense. Yes, Wilt Chamberlain can dribble too where there's a old high school highlight of him during his game running a break, and old clips of him dribbling the ball down the court when he was a Harlem Globetrotter.
  • No
    hard to compare him to other all time centers because his game is a lot different. nba has changed and he can do a lot of things that centers didnt need to do in other eras. not saying he is better just hard to compare him with bruisers like O'Neal. he is more versatile. I wouldn't say he is better with back to basket or in post moves like other older centers, but he can do things like make 3s, handle the ball, run the floor. no way he is as dominant on D as someone like bill Russell. but he also has some skills that others have not shown. it doesnt mean they couldnt have done it, they just didnt need to. the nba C position has evolved and guys like Marc Gasol fit more of the mold of an old school center. Comparing him to current centers in NBA, AD has to be the best all around.
  • Clueminati
    No question. The evolution of the game changes in all sports. AD, LeBron, KD, Giannis, Shaun Livingston at the time he came out of high school with LeBron had crazy court vision way before he had that injury; and Kristaps Porzingis is an evolution in line of the power forward position with Giannis. Yeah, you're right. Bruiser big men and pass first point guard is extinct.