EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

**WARNING** Character auto delete feature!

undercoverbro00
3 posts Member
edited August 2018
I'm calling this a feature, not an issue because because there is no way this problem should exist if the game was tested.
After doing a face scan, i created a character and leveled up to about lv4 at 73 ish. I was well on my way after spending some time. My face scan was still processing on the app after over 30 min or more, so i went into edit player in game to check on the face scan. When you enter edit head on a created player, and enter facescan to check if face uploaded, once you exit that screen (pressed "Ok, I got it" x button) it auto saves and auto deletes character without any prompt ! Retuning you to the gender selection screen !!! I was able to replicate this every time i redid so it's not a fluke or one off, it's coded that way. I'm so heated, but yet so happy i didn't pre order. I love live but I'll be dammed if i pay full price for an unfinished game! A game that auto deletes character progress is worth maybe $5 to me. Shame on you ea. 2 weeks out and the game isn't even ready. Smh. BE WARNED BALLERERS. Live still deleting and losing players.

Edited all caps sentences. - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Replies

• i dont get the problem. its a demo that is heavily restricted. you can get what 1 or 2 ranks before it shuts you down. no time wasted.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    i dont get the problem. its a demo that is heavily restricted. you can get what 1 or 2 ranks before it shuts you down. no time wasted.

I could try and explain why auto deletion of players characters is a problem, but from your response it might take all day.
  • I had the same thing happen twice and I can’t get the face scan to work.
  • it doesnt seem to affect my character since i cant even get a face scan uploaded. always errors out before uploading to servers
  • I got it to work, my email wasn’t the one I was logging into the app with. From the game menu scroll all the way down and I clicked Xbox to show the email used then reset my email logged in and rescanned.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    i dont get the problem. its a demo that is heavily restricted. you can get what 1 or 2 ranks before it shuts you down. no time wasted.

What are you talking about, did you read his, or her, post??
  • Yeah I tried updating my face after I didn't like my first one and accidentally deleted my player the same way.
  • undercoverbro00
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I refuse to play it after that. And i will Not be buying an experimental build for 59.99
  • stevenomes
    182 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    face scan will not work and if it does deletes your character if already in use. seems pretty bad. I saw this on reddit as well. posted these links to EA answers since they seem to actually reply there. hope there is a fix incoming. see below link

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/NBA-Live-Companion-App-Face-Scan/m-p/7009514#M18
  • EA_Cian
    253 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Let's please be respectful folks. No need to jump down each others' throats about comments. Thank you. :smile:
  • Try this if you are on Xbox. Anytime that happens, highlight the demo on the home screen and press the menu button go to manage game then save data. There will be 2 options i.e profile data and reserved data. Delete the profile data then launch the demo. After signing in, the synchronize screen would pop up. Go to edit your player and everything you had should be there. It worked for me every time so give it a try.
  • EA please bring back the companion app for ios and android i need to face scan my player in nba live 19
  • So anyone know if the server for the face scan feature is gone now? I still have the app and was eventually finally able to get a scan of my face and has been in progress in processing my in game face for at least 30 mins now. Is it gone for good, at least for Live 19?