EA Forums - Banner

Welcome to the NBA LIVE Forums!

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

ball hogs issue ideas

TheGranMasta
3 posts Member
edited September 2018
can ball hogs get tag with a decrease to all their skills after taking tough contested shots a couple times in a row, plus decrease to skills for over dribbling. the way they get out of the decrease to there skills is to
have personal goals they have to reach, if they don't they get kicked.

here is a example of 1 or 2 goals.

pass to user teammate for 2 possession once you receive the ball.

this can be a harder one for players who are on going offenders. the next 2 scores have to come from teammate users.

A timer to these goals should probably apply as well so if teammate users can't score you wouldn't be penalized the whole game. maybe 30 seconds up to 45 based on if player keeps doing it over and over.

maybe some sort of 3 strike rule before you get kicked. I know this probably can't be added into live 19 but i think the devs should try to put something in place next year. other ideas is welcome
Post edited by TheGranMasta on

Replies

• No matter what there will be ball hogs we have a penalty to it just don't play with them lol
  • if they keep getting kicked they might wise up.
  • they could add the ball hog trait to folks that hold the ball too long, it's already in the game for court battles
  • dominantking150
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Its the over powered layups thats making people ball hog on live its a major problem maybe if they make people time they layups like they do with the jumper an not just pressing the x button to drift into these ridiculous layup animations people will pass the ball more. Smh Another place 2k got live beat.
  • FrostpawXVIII
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    thankfully, I'm not a ball hog, I prefer to pass, way too much tbh lol

But yeah, they need to enforce hogging somehow. Maybe a teammate grade system like 2k did with proam
  • Nuhbehavia
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I also created a post on this issue. I think, EA, that the solution(s) may be simple.
    1. Include a voting system; similar to GTA Online, where teammates can vote to kick another teammate.
    2. Auto kick players who've been unresponsive for a certain amount of time (e.g. 45 secs).
    3. Track gameplay history for errors such as 3 secs in the key, 5 secs inbound violation, backcourt, excessive fouling, etc. and decrease rep if there is a history of this.
    4. Lastly, match players based on game-play history (similar to GTA Online where players who run around killing other players are all put on the same server). Players with a history of errors should be matched together, likewise, players with a good history should be matched with players of similar play style.
    Post edited by Nuhbehavia on
  • Nuhbehavia
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    No matter what there will be ball hogs we have a penalty to it just don't play with them lol

Unfortunately, when playing multiplayer games we don't have much of a choice. A Live Run game could take 10 minutes just to complete matchmaking. Then, you get in a game where there are ball hogs. You could spend much time quitting but you'd just end up spending the day in the lobby. There may be alternative solutions other than "just don't play with them." to relieve this pain as I have listed above. I believe EA can take actions to improve online game-play.
  • EA made it is so that you get more points for assists and rebounds. So the ball hogs end up looking bad from missing shots and then quitting, or scoring a bunch of points and your team still takes the loss. My advice is when you stuck with a ball hog. Just set screens, pass, rebound, get your points while he/she looks like a fool. Don't get upset because even the opposing team can tell the ball hog is killing your team. I've met a few players that I noticed had talent but were stuck with a ball hog on their team.
  • Nuhbehavia
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    EA made it is so that you get more points for assists and rebounds. So the ball hogs end up looking bad from missing shots and then quitting, or scoring a bunch of points and your team still takes the loss. My advice is when you stuck with a ball hog. Just set screens, pass, rebound, get your points while he/she looks like a fool. Don't get upset because even the opposing team can tell the ball hog is killing your team. I've met a few players that I noticed had talent but were stuck with a ball hog on their team.

This is true if your purpose of playing is just to rank up, but it kills the fun factor of the game. Ball hogs are annoying but I think the people who continue to pass them the ball are worse. If they're open for a shot that's one thing but I just can't understand why you'd let them bring the ball up court.
    Post edited by Nuhbehavia on