EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

Official Wishlist Thread

15678911Next

Replies

• Just going to state wanting to gain information about Live 21... Was disappointed that it was not part of the EA showcase and I am hoping for some kind of news on this game the next few months. Again many great ideas that can help boost this game should be utilized that have been posted by many members including myself.
  • Clueminati
    316 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 3
    We all should be disgusted, but I want to clearly say this especially where ShopmasterTV broke it down to me on his Twitch channel. Live is in a delicate state, and we want news coming out but we all got to realize that we're dealing with a pandemic. With everything spiking in the US, you got to know how hard it is to get out to British Columbia, Canada in Burnaby; or just to get some info out in Madrid, Spain in Europe. This is tough where we all got to be patient including myself, and we're now seeing how badly disrespectful 2K is doing to their community and consumers. Which 2K is wrong for that. We got to hope for the best at this moment, and see if the moves fall in the right places. So, personally? Please take a lot of things with a grain of salt, and we may have people coming out on Twitter saying the game is coming out in the "first quarter". We have to rely on actual facts from the devs and the CM when they appear, not going to other people that's digging for clout and algorithms.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • dragonth4Q
    17 posts Senior Moderator
    Clueminati wrote: »
    We all should be disgusted, but I want to clearly say this especially where ShopmasterTV broke it down to me on his Twitch channel. Live is in a delicate state, and we want news coming out but we all got to realize that we're dealing with a pandemic. With everything spiking in the US, you got to know how hard it is to get out to British Columbia, Canada in Burnaby; or just to get some info out in Madrid, Spain in Europe. This is tough where we all got to be patient including myself, and we're now seeing how badly disrespectful 2K is doing to their community and consumers. Which 2K is wrong for that. We got to hope for the best at this moment, and see if the moves fall in the right places. So, personally? Please take a lot of things with a grain of salt, and we may have people coming out on Twitter saying the game is coming out in the "first quarter". We have to rely on actual facts from the devs and the CM when they appear, not going to other people that's digging for clout and algorithms.

Agreed What we also have to understand what the COVID-19 situation has done is made it impossible to motion capture, scan athletes, and for the teams to work together properly. All games this year especially yearly releases will be affected by COVID so we may not get to see what the intended vision for next gen might be for another year or so because there is a strong possibility of having to cut things back due to COVID and building for next gen consoles in preparing new engines, assets, animation pipelines, lighting, physics, AI systems and so forth.
  • Yo I get ya on this, but at same time this a job that can be done remotely.

Anyways hearing lots of folks aren't happy with 2k21 and it is the same type of game. What I like most about Live 18 n 19 was it was fun to play actually fun to play. 2k20 to me hasn't been fun. Live creators must build upon current foundation and just grow it. Keep it fun... Live can make a come back for sure.
  • Clueminati
    I have played it, and I just couldn't do it where it is not the game for me. Despite the demo having the smallest snippet on what you should expect. I feel like it was 2K20 all over again, and the hype for this is not where it should be due to the lack of game play before 8/24. I am not going to get 2K21's Mamba Edition where I don't see the purpose behind it, and there's no creative content but to "borrow" another feature from a different brand to make it new. Many times I have hated right stick shooting, and I have gotten use to it then they made right stick a dribble animation and square to shoot.

So, if you think I am going to go on to bash 2K21, it's not even worth it. They just showed what you all going to expect in Current Gen and Next Gen maybe the same thing if they don't fix legacy issues. Not impressed where the game is refurbished, and wanting $100 of your money to buy the Mamba Edition to move it to your Next Gen console from Sony to Sony and Microsoft to Microsoft.

Truth be told, you're better off buying the standard edition of The Avengers, and that game you have purchased on Current Gen is moved to Next Gen for free with your user information and unlocked rewards.
  • Clueminati wrote: »
    I have played it, and I just couldn't do it where it is not the game for me. Despite the demo having the smallest snippet on what you should expect. I feel like it was 2K20 all over again, and the hype for this is not where it should be due to the lack of game play before 8/24. I am not going to get 2K21's Mamba Edition where I don't see the purpose behind it, and there's no creative content but to "borrow" another feature from a different brand to make it new. Many times I have hated right stick shooting, and I have gotten use to it then they made right stick a dribble animation and square to shoot.

So, if you think I am going to go on to bash 2K21, it's not even worth it. They just showed what you all going to expect in Current Gen and Next Gen maybe the same thing if they don't fix legacy issues. Not impressed where the game is refurbished, and wanting $100 of your money to buy the Mamba Edition to move it to your Next Gen console from Sony to Sony and Microsoft to Microsoft.

Truth be told, you're better off buying the standard edition of The Avengers, and that game you have purchased on Current Gen is moved to Next Gen for free with your user information and unlocked rewards.

I’ve been playing live since Live 95. I was forced to play 2K maybe around 2K14. I went back to Live with Live 18. I’m trying to hold it down but another year with no info no release dates, not anything. I’m playing Madden now but it’s gonna be tough when 2K drops. I need to play basketball. This will be 2 years behind. No current rosters or anything. I may have to buy 2K again smh. I don’t want to but I need updated rosters and Online Franchises. I just wish Live would give us an option to upgrade to the latest rosters. With all of this technology they can make players faces. Don’t have to be scanned in if due to COVID-19. Give us the option to pay for updated rosters. Keep the same game that we have now and they keep working on the next title. Keep updating the Live events and everything. But we need updated rosters at least. Live 19 is dope. Better than 2K to me but 2 years without new players is tough to continue to play. My hand will be forced to purchase 2K. As soon I hear Live is coming I’ll switch back but until then I may have to purchase 2K21 sorrry 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
  • Hi EA I know your not dropping a Live game on console until next gen comes out but can you guys give us one last roster update with all the rookies added to their respectible teams i.e Zion Williamson on the pelicans and R.J. Barrett on the Knicks and so on. Also make the game a little more fluid please and you can update the title screen to Live 20. Thank you and keep bringing that 🔥
  • Clueminati
    edited September 15
    Matt_baby wrote: »
    I’ve been playing live since Live 95. I was forced to play 2K maybe around 2K14. I went back to Live with Live 18. I’m trying to hold it down but another year with no info no release dates, not anything. I’m playing Madden now but it’s gonna be tough when 2K drops. I need to play basketball. This will be 2 years behind. No current rosters or anything. I may have to buy 2K again smh. I don’t want to but I need updated rosters and Online Franchises. I just wish Live would give us an option to upgrade to the latest rosters. With all of this technology, they can make players' faces. Don’t have to be scanned in if due to COVID-19. Give us the option to pay for updated rosters. Keep the same game that we have now and they keep working on the next title. Keep updating the Live events and everything. But we need updated rosters at least. Live 19 is dope. Better than 2K to me but 2 years without new players is tough to continue to play. My hand will be forced to purchase 2K. As soon I hear Live is coming I’ll switch back but until then I may have to purchase 2K21 sorry 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

I don't blame you, and there's no need to apologize too as well. I am not saying that a community should hold your feet by the fire, and this is why I would rather have people play games that they want. Unfortunately for me, I am not playing NBA 2K21 where I have played NBA 2K20, and I am not spending money on a cash grab game that you're putting more money into a game that you have purchased. If NBA LIVE was around? I would've purchased the game as well, but let's wait for NextGen. NBA 2K20, just like NBA 2K17 were my basketball fixes away from LIVE. I mainly play the Avengers or Ghost of Tsushima as my fixes, and I enjoy the Avengers more than Ghost of Tsushima. I don't like to speak capitalism but in a Charles Barkley interview. He spoke up about the worth of him and legendary players that they deserve to have. NBA 2K net worth is about $300M, Barkley would like $1M to be in the game, and it makes you wonder how much is 2K paying their exclusive athletes like Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and now the estate of the late Kobe Bryant. Ask yourself the question. "How much EA would offer legends like Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller to be in the game?" I want EA to have those updated rosters even they're not scanned to be in the final build of the game, and I want to say this as a hopeful expectation.

If you guys didn't read the two big things that just happened as of late, and the openings that are going on. Make sure you do so and don't go through YouTube channels that are posting late info for clout and hits. Because two things just happened and like always. Staying by the closed-door works more than what you're listening as a hear-say, and the people who released those videos were a week late to speak about it. Which one person was wrong in the video.
  • Blissful sharpshot target factors would be a good feature for a new player shooting system in NBA Live 21 or 22.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Clueminati
    What do you all think of shooting arches? Should there be a type of arch that your player should have when it comes to the release? Like a contested shot on a shooter can be a high arch or a floating teardrop can be the same as well when it comes to either a high arching finger roll or a regular floater.
  • If I could see one last thing added to a future game it would be Baseline Blocker Supernovas.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • First keep building up on the foundation that has been set since 18...

Allow The One to run concurrent season with NBA and WNBA... (Where each player might send each other media messages of respect and so on.) No story mode with random as 2k have done just keep it simple, but still interactive. Allow statements made impact team, other players, coaches, The One, and so on.

Improve coaching for both The One and Franchise mode (Obviously a much improve Franchise mode.)

Again more of WNBA...

More of ESPN too many big personalities to not be able to utilize for both NBA and WNBA purposes.

More media interactions between The One with fans, ESPN analysis, players (NBA & WNBA), and more.

Allow for folks to make online draft class that can be downloaded by various Live gamers.

Important improve Franchise Mode: That's one thing NBA2K series have done right having lots in Franchise mode. Small improvement happened in 19, but more can be added.
  • Clueminati
    First keep building upon the foundation that has been set since 18...

Allow The One to run concurrent season with NBA and WNBA... (Where each player might send each other media messages of respect and so on.) No story mode with random as 2k has done just keep it simple, but still interactive. Allow statements made impact team, other players, coaches, The One, and so on.

Improve coaching for both The One and Franchise mode (Obviously a much improve Franchise mode.)

Again more of WNBA...

More of ESPN too many big personalities to not be able to utilize for both NBA and WNBA purposes.

More media interactions between The One with fans, ESPN analysis, players (NBA & WNBA), and more.

Allow for folks to make an online draft class that can be downloaded by various Live gamers.

Important improve Franchise Mode: That's one thing the NBA2K series have done right having lots in Franchise mode. A small improvement happened in 19, but more can be added.

I like this post and I couldn't agree more with this, and I too want to see more of a deep ESPN Integration with the company. I know they cannot do NBA TV / Inside The NBA where some of their analysts are on NBA2K outside of ESPN's Doris Burke. Although, Charles Barkley wants a million dollars or more to be in the game. I do like The One build and I want them to go deeper into the environment especially on the WNBA side. I do want to see Doris Burke into NBA LIVE only because it is part of the ESPN Integration, and I want to see online fantasy drafting and the return of the Online Dynasty with friends. But yet? All-time Online Dynasty Mode with friends.

I like the idea of reliving the online draft classes on how 2K did it, but the problem is how many former players living or deceased based on their estate. Will allow their information and likeness in the game? Not too many people that we can mention are in the NBPA or have form of information that can tell us anything. I want to see EA Locker return for the purposes of updated players/teams, sliders, and CAPs. Female gamers and female athletes deserve the respect of having an in depth mode for The One and having them as a CAP, for example, Nancy Lieberman, Cherryl Miller, and Doris Burke.
  • The_Scorpion1826
    34 posts Member
    edited October 3
    The creation of players needs to be very much improved. It has set based of player creation type and well it is not enough options. I rather have more modification ability to fix face, body type, and so on. In addition with base set up well i'll have about many players with similar facial features, but obviously different hair type, and so on...
    Again would love to have 2019 Draft Class and allowing those folks who like to create to share should be a big big things for 2021 if it is made. I tried it and stop after top 3 picks such a huge task to complete 30 players and more after 2020 Draft class... Wow I have respect for those folks who actually complete all of this on 2k and other sport games.
  • Crossover ankle domineering axis
    Controls would be a good fit for the offensive gameplay.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • The-Sporty-Hero
    641 posts Member
    edited October 13
    Rim hotshot negated shooting zones.
    Post edited by The-Sporty-Hero on
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Possession take over Defense "PTOD" Turning points.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Body swaying fouls on steals.
    Madden fan since 93.