EA Forums - Banner

Welcome to the NBA LIVE Forums!

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

Official Wishlist Thread

Replies

• Forgot to mention for Franchise mode have a chemistry set up from coaching team with players to players... practice and so on can help build or destroy chemistry with trades and so on
  • I have 5 ideas.
    #1 Jump ball season shootouts.

#2 Free lob pass steals.

#3 Canvas nba jam stars.

#4 Rock the cradle freestyles.

#5 Real time baller showtime.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • I have 1 additional idea. It's called
    Swish and roll superstars.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • I thought of a new idea. This one is called super-spotlighting Balanced Floor achievements
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Super-hotshot point your pistol freestyles.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • One last idea. I think the shot meter should have a faster regression point if the offense is focused on a single player for scoring.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • scoring position deadlock sustainability.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Clueminati
    321 posts Senior Moderator
    Super-hotshot point your pistol freestyles.

I like this idea, but it sounds a bit disrespectful towards the opponent the same way LaMelo Ball did back in Chino Hills. I'm for it!
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • Clueminati
    edited December 2020
    One last idea. The shot meter should have a faster regression point if the offense is focused on a single-player for scoring.

I want to challenge you with this post when you mention the shot meter regression and the old coaches' theory and quote to the shooter. "Keep shooting until you find your stroke," and we do see how the player's regression can switch to cold. When subbing the shooter out, would you still keep shot regression on them until they find their shooting rhythm?
  • EA_Blueberry
    3978 posts EA Community Manager
    Clueminati wrote: »
    One last idea. The shot meter should have a faster regression point if the offense is focused on a single-player for scoring.

I want to challenge you with this post when you mention the shot meter regression and the old coaches' theory and quote to the shooter. "Keep shooting until you find your stroke," and we do see how the player's regression can switch to cold. When subbing the shooter out, would you still keep shot regression on them until they find their shooting rhythm?

I like the idea of benching the player to send them a message to relax which should help them improve their shot meter. Sometimes a player needs to be taken out of the game to catch a breath.
  • Clueminati wrote: »

My reply would be yes.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Clueminati
    My reply would be yes.

Speaking of shot regression, where the shot meter can go blue until you shoot your way out. Would it also show in your meter gets lesser until the player finds their shot?

This is an interesting post when you talk about a scorer's regression, and I want to make that the focal point of the shooter. We all see how LaMelo Ball can have an on and off scoring night outside of being a rookie; outside having a different shot mechanic versus his brothers; and where he can get hot when he wants to score on other nights.

It's the same concept I want to make that statement of that certain one-dimensional scorer, that their shooting matters on how the pendulum swings in the game. For example, Stephen Curry's performance against the Milwaukee Bucks in terms of outside shooting. So I want to bring up another challenge when it comes to shot regression and to hit the wall.

Not only is shot regression should be mentioned in the game, especially where NBA LIVE 365 brought in player DNA, and sometimes the backlash behind it is where Synergy never changed the player's game day by day. I remember asking a dev years ago during a community day event, are we going to see how many times the player scores left vs. right when it comes to layup scoring? The actual impact of the player's shooting and scoring day by day?

The rookie wall needs to be mentioned as well when it comes to scorer's regression. Depending on the work ethics of the player on avoiding hitting the wall as a rookie.
  • Yeah the scorer would lose progression based on how many cold possessions take place. If the scorer is on a fast break for example the lack of current state confidence would be affected with the way your scorer pivots the shot type while using the meter. The meter would also have a chunk of the accuracy box removed. Plus it would function faster as a result.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Coach Playbook year choice rewinds would be a good feature.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • I have 5 ideas.

#1 Magnified dunk reels.

#2 Infernal foul backlashes.

#3 Lesson board during halftime.

#4 one on one king in allstar games.

#5 All player scorer range points vs top associations.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3978 posts EA Community Manager
    @Clueminati

For a Franchise mode it would be interesting if decisions as a coach could affect a certain player's shot meter for the next game. For example, if you give players an extra day off of rest their morale could go up because they don't feel like they're being overworked over the season, but could have a risk of getting cold faster the next game. A scenario could pop up where you hear rumors a few players are going out to celebrate a big win they had. You could brush it off or advise to reach out to them to cancel plans. It could result in random events with a player calling out sick, getting cold faster, or even the opposite with them hitting every shot because they feel great.
  • Clueminati
    @Clueminati

It would be interesting for a Franchise mode if decisions as a coach could affect a certain player's shot meter for the next game. For example, if you give players an extra day off of rest their morale could go up because they don't feel like they're being overworked over the season, but could have a risk of getting cold faster the next game. A scenario could pop up where you hear rumors a few players are going out to celebrate a big win they had. You could brush it off or advise to reach out to them to cancel plans. It could result in random events with a player calling out sick, getting cold faster, or even the opposite with them hitting every shot because they feel great.

I know I have been disrespecting Franchise Mode a lot, but it does need a lot of credit where I want to see franchise work more on MyGM and build up your consumers. As I see it, when it comes to the franchise, you have multiple roles in building. Coach, GM, media, and what Madden had back then is sales from the concession stands. I am bringing in media where you have them connecting to fans through social media. I can use my former CM by the name of EA_Crazylegs on how he did for EA, and seeing how he did with the NHL's the Columbus Blue Jackets and now being a VP of media with Washington Football Team. He was also doing this with WWE 2K as well, and the media plays a vital role in capturing people to be fans. I can also recall that in Franchise Mode, you were the guy holding a 2-Way Pager making moves on who to scout, who to build, who to trade, and who to draft.

Personally, in my opinion? Keep LUT as a grind to win with no contracts; balance out MyPlayer and strengthen it with NBA and WNBA; balance out Franchise Mode and strengthen MyGM under that belt; bring back NBA LIVE Academy; balance out the online gaming where the ranking system should be similar to FIFA as a ladder ranking; OTP should be similar to how Madden is where you can have a fantasy season going on until you and your opponent got to pick the date and time, or if the player is not there then it should be either a forfeit or playing against the computer. There's a lot I want to post about the future on what needs to be added and adjusted within the depth of this game. I will try to do that soon.
  • Can Yall add some new builds and traits if yall continue with 19 build system
    Bigs
    1. Athletic(pure dunkers).
    They are not the post anchors. They are slasher but for the bigs. They not good with the post but you can put it as an icon skill that would be nice or 3 pt or shoot off the dribble or blocks. They can dribble okay. They have speed
    example Aaron Gordan, Blake Griffin, Julius Randle, Giannis
    2. point center
    They are the bigman that can be a playmakers and they are good in the post with good dribbling . icon skill could be 3 pt or blocks
    example Nikola Jokic and Bam Adebayo
    There are 6'6 big man so let us be that

Wings
    1. post anchors
    Yall have some players when you play court battle that are sf and sg are post anchor. it would be awesome if you add to the wings.
    They are not wing scores
    example George Gervin
    There are 6'10 sf let us be that and a 6'4 sf

Guards
    big guard
    They are post anchors but as a guard. Like the guards in the late 19000, early 2000, and some players in todays nba play like that. They are not slashers
    post moves, midrage
    example Chauncey Billups , Sam Cassel
    There are 6'8 point guard. Let us be that

We should have a custom build like after we reach level 100 and a icon in live run we should make a custom build like let us choose whatever path we want, any icon skill we want, attributes, skill. You should only allow us to do it one time and you guys get to choose our rewards in the path
    If not going to do the 19 build system then go back to 16 build system i was a good idea.

Traits
    Yall need to bring back NBA live 18 traits back and keep 19 also. after that you guys need to add new ones especially defense. keep making new one every years and take out the one that the FANS dont like
  • Clueminati
    edited January 11
    @Brakoooooo, I agree with what you're saying: the player needs to be deeper builds in the system. One wants more of the superstar traits on the style that players will use as their go-to move. George Gervin is a perfect example of what you have mentioned, and his move the finger roll needs to be in the game and as Gervin's move in LUT. The same with Tim Hardway doing the killer crossover and the UTEP 2 Step, and so on down the road to possibly Kevin Durant's NBA LIVE 10 Easter Egg GTM of the spinner around and dunk. The same with James Harden doing the Eurostep and Giannis doing the giant Eurostep. They call it the gyro step. That is one of the many things that EA went away from, and that is where Superstar Mode, signature shooting, and GTM is not there in the game.

Player moves, where you want it to be a deeper player build, and I agree where the build needs to be deeper. I always talked about the evolution of the athlete changes, or their fundamentals and skill differ than any other else. You were mentioning the point center like Jokic? You have to mention the point forwards like Ben Simmons and Magic Johnson (1996), although Magic was a tall PG in the 80s. You now have to mention Bol Bol, where he is a center/power forward that can pass, shoot, rebound, post, and dribble. That is like a 2K uber player when everyone was making demigod players, and you can say the same with Anthony Davis, where he was an actual point guard that shot up over 7 inches in the summer growing up in Chicago. The same goes for Blake Griffin, where he was a point guard back in his year with him and his brother growing up in Oklahoma.

Now what I have to push back on is that George "Iceman" Gervin was an elite scorer with his play style in his Spurs days, but his ppg dropped when he was with the Bulls. Suppose you remember the old Nike commercial of Gervin in the barber seat. He said the best thing about his game. "All I can do is finger roll." His move is an unstoppable layup similar to Stephon Marbury and Tony Parker when it comes to the art of the teardrop, and the same goes with both Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant when it comes to the fadeaway jumper. The same is true with Kareem Abdoul-Jabbar with the skyhook and James Harden and Giannis Antetokounmpo with their Eurosteps. I do like the post that you have mentioned where I agree with your statement.

Post edited by Clueminati on
  • @Clueminati That true we need more signature animation especially post move.