EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live 19 - 08/15 - Content update

Check out our latest content update & discuss it here.

Official Wishlist Thread

Replies

• You never played current gen of NBA live06 where they had freestyle superstars I was saying since they stop making current of NBA live for Xbox 360 and Ps3 they can release an updated version of it for current gen platform's some people can't afford next gen consoles or games I can but its not right for the people that can not afford it.

Make a NBA Live 19 for 360?

Is that what you're saying?

Not going to happen but decent suggestion ✌🏾
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • NatureBoy2323
    1638 posts Game Changer
    Yeah, the days of Companies making games for the 360 and the PS3 are long gone. They had a good run, I enjoyed both systems. I still play my 360 every now and again.
  • In the One and Franchise...
    Teams should have traits i.e. Knicks= Star hunting, Make Stars Happy or Spurs= Team motto, No stars comes before team. Same thing with Coaches , players, and so on. Have all the coaching staff. Plus having legendary coaches in the game at their prime or up and comers would be cool obviously no coaches that is currently in NBA/WNBA/GLeague... They would be able to join staff and grow or can be straight up coach. Again utilize ESPN feature more and more. Also if Euro leagues are added ability to sign coaches from those teams and players as well.

For the One
    Give player a bit of star treatment from Teams perhaps they can come to ask questions about possible trades (Actually add in trades and injuries for teammates.) if you rather keep player or not. Asking for a player to start or be bench. Contracts should be realistic instead of signing one year contract each season. Teams should feel and play like they do in NBA coaching style.

NBA Live 20 can be a great bball game just add more depth into Franchise a whole lot more, same with The One, WNBA, additions of Euro leagues and Gleague. Add International teams start small with maybe 8-12 teams. Again ESPN needs to have a larger role into game especially The One and Franchise... Sign a bball magazine to add to depth for this game.
  • please add more court graphics in the canvas events and in store not just logos all the time
  • Matt_baby
    275 posts Member
    edited May 8
    NBA Live 20

Online Franchise please.
    Live Run: Be able to play in NBA Arenas
    Court Battles Online
    Post edited by Matt_baby on
  • Orocka
    1 posts New member
    What about a ball pass shot machine that you can use in my court or practice to help with timing with your jump shot....now i know it was in NBA 2k ..but the idea wasn't bad..it helps with catch and shoot situations and timing ...just an idea.
  • Clueminati
    253 posts Senior Moderator
    Orocka wrote: »
    What about a ball pass shot machine that you can use in my court or practice to help with timing with your jump shot....now i know it was in NBA 2k ..but the idea wasn't bad..it helps with catch and shoot situations and timing ...just an idea.

I actually like that idea, but at the same time within those situations. Gotta have pressure shot timing when it comes to contested shots. Especially in created shots due to spacing ala step backs from a zero step; hard jab step going into a between the legs crossover hard dribble; hard jab step going into a sidestep from a hard dribble; head fake step in dribble; and head fake sidestep dribble. Most definitely the posture, planting, and the control of the ball got to be the major factor.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • Just wanted to repeat an idea...

ESPN should be heavily featured into the Live 20 and beyond. Heck tell it to all EA sports folks that make Madden, FiFa, and so on. ESPN should have several of their top acts tweeting, news, and more during the One, NBA, and (Future) WNBA careers. Would be cool to see a weekly NBA show to showcase our team/player week, but also other players. Make it feel authentic and less acting. Just more involvement from ESPN would be nice.

In Depth career mode (One, NBA, & WNBA).
  • Clueminati
    Just wanted to repeat an idea...

ESPN should be heavily featured into the Live 20 and beyond. Heck tell it to all EA sports folks that make Madden, FiFa, and so on. ESPN should have several of their top acts tweeting, news, and more during the One, NBA, and (Future) WNBA careers. Would be cool to see a weekly NBA show to showcase our team/player week, but also other players. Make it feel authentic and less acting. Just more involvement from ESPN would be nice.

In Depth career mode (One, NBA, & WNBA).

I've been saying that for the longest. That EA needs to have more of an ESPN Integration depth on what they had back then since NBA LIVE 10 and before. I remember and recall that NCAA Football and Basketball had a deep integration with both ESPN and CBS, and I agree with you on this post. Which the ESPN Integration should have never been strayed away when you see NBA on ESPN; NBA on ABC; WNBA on ESPN; and WNBA on ABC. You have the commentators for both NBA and WNBA, and this needs to happens as part of the depth of the game.
  • I never post to these forums but I figure it's worth the possibility that someone listens and considers what is stated. After taking advantage of the great $35 dollar early bird price, I have enjoyed this game immensely. I primarily play The One mode (gameface rocks) and recently ventured in Live Run. My son continues to play 2K19 and after I maxed my player progression in Live, I picked up 2K19. I can say when it comes to simulation play, your game is far superior, especially in Live Run compared to the Rec Center in 2K19. Simple settings adjustments make NBA Live 19 play and feel like an actually NBA game. However what 2K19 does right is the ability to adjust the playbook once I reach level 90 in 2K19 My Career. Again I think this is the only thing I think they do right . The One for NBA Live 20 needs to include the ability to create my own playbook that I can import across all solo 5v5 modes but most importantly, The One mode. It needs to allow for "x" number of set plays and "x" number of continuity offenses (would love to see Gonzaga Pick and Roll offense). My favorite thing about your game is The One player and trait progression. It is a HIGHLY REWARDING grind that I feel respects me as a consumer. 2K19 has failed the consumer with not only the pay to win through VC, but the amount of time it takes to progress your player and badges (traits is a better label). Please do not change too much about this system of progression except to make it better. Thank you and I look forward to NBA Live 20. PS That early bird price thing was really on point. Doing that again would be fantastic.
  • LIVE EVENTS
    The live events need to stay solo/invite to rule out the randoms ruining your chances of rewards! And letting players choose what rewards they want after winning would be better than the rigged random system.
  • The ONE mode also needs slider adjustments. It could be an unlock after you get your first The ONE player to level 100. Currently pro is too easy but all-star cpu teammates become stupid and cpu opponents become 1st team all nba. Thanks for listening.
  • Clueminati
    edited June 20
    Good insight
    The ONE mode also needs slider adjustments. It could be an unlock after you get your first The ONE player to level 100. Currently pro is too easy but all-star cpu teammates become stupid and cpu opponents become 1st team all nba. Thanks for listening.

• In "The One" mode again have several different narratives. Don't need a full story mode I can play games like God of War and the such. Just would like to see various perspective from media and more based on these situations:
    1- #1 Pick
    2- Lottery Pick draft
    3- Getting drafted 15 - 20
    4- Getting drafted 21- 30
    5- Drafted in 2nd round
    6- Not drafted a G League hopeful.
    The media in the game will discuss about the player in around these situations. If lottery pick more expectations from media. Undrafted player media would have different perspective on player success or hopefully joining a team. Meaning allow players to choose ability to get to a team in various ways. (Kinda sucks when playing you don't have the actual rookie players on the team.)
    Social Media is a big thing allow us to be more interactive with fans, media, coaches(all coaches), teammates, Front office, and so on. Also no need for tons and tons of cut scenes maybe a few here and there for breaking records, ending a team winning streaks, and the such. Oh yea have a records book for each team, league wide for team & players.
    Also if simulating games make it so it seem player got an injury and base it off amount of games missed. That would be ideal for those who won't play 82 or more games.

For both Franchise/One:
    Summer League, G League, improved All Star Weekend, and Lottery Event should be part of this game.

Add in top Euro Leagues and add in FIBA teams for both gender.

Obviously more for the WNBA why add the league if you can't play most modes with these ladies.

Again allow for those folks wanting to create draft classes to do so and it should be downloadable to both the one and franchise mode.

I'm assuming more news should come out on Live 20 when Summer League starts...
    I am excited to see the next step and hope these ideas are somewhat utilized...
  • The-Sporty-Hero
    343 posts Member
    edited June 29
    I would like to see hyperealistic player loose-jointed mechanisms.
    Post edited by The-Sporty-Hero on
  • there needs to be more currency offered in 3v3 and live events similar to amount in 5v5s (sidenote: online servers are really bad players get disconnected basically every match and the lag is unreal!).
  • Authentic arenas for NBA Live 20.
  • Improve upon the NBA Live Companion scanning seen that lots of folks had issues with it and that includes me. I have a GalaxyS8 and struggled with 19, but not with 18.

Also for The One I wanted to add having a choice of 3 to 5 different agents and actually signing a real contract not a one year deal. We should negotiate the contract with agent and team front office.
  • Clueminati
    As you may saw on my Twitter feed. I called out both LIVE and 2K putting this feature as one of the LIVE Run features. How many of you guys played the game King of the Court with either the 3 dribble or 5 dribble rule? I want to see that implemented in a challenging contest even in the Practice Mode. It should polish up your style when it comes to posts, shooting, and creating space to execute.
  • Clueminati
    I would like to see hyperealistic player loose-jointed mechanisms.

Three questions to ask. Would you want to see something that's a bit similar to rag doll physics and / or Euphoria engine that was in the game of Backbreaker if not Frostbite?

Plus solid contact physics when it comes to hard screens set; midair collisions; seeing results from a crossover that doesn't involve those step back falls?

Speaking of jointed mechanism, would you like to see that when it comes in terms of ball handling (implementing both BounceTech and Quick Strike Ball Handling), defensive slides, rebounding, dunking, shooting, saving the ball, diving for the loose ball, jab stepping to create space, passing, post moves, and jumping?

Masontcarr wrote: »
    Authentic arenas for NBA Live 20.

That information is something to ask a dev on Twitter or Reddit on how in depth and authentic are the arenas will be, and what is the percentage that the arenas are authentic vs the arenas that are generic?
    Improve upon the NBA Live Companion scanning seen that lots of folks had issues with it and that includes me. I have a GalaxyS8 and struggled with 19, but not with 18.

Also for The One I wanted to add having a choice of 3 to 5 different agents and actually signing a real contract not a one year deal. We should negotiate the contract with agent and team front office.

Comparing the NBA Live Companion from this and the previous ones. I felt that 19 is by far the worst when it comes to facial scanning. It's like no solid emphasis at all when it comes to why my player's face is completely off. Especially that huge grey area between the eyes and forehead made it look like I headbutt bricks for a living.