EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

NBA Live 20 Hub

13Next

Replies

• Clueminati
    316 posts Senior Moderator
    I agree @NatureBoy2323. Live 19 is fun, and despite the minor flaws, and the crazed fan base of 2K. The devs listen, and yet we still need stronger communication that can reach out. Not just communicate with a few people who have a channel, and everything goes through them. Blogs and vlogs are needed which that was a method used by David Noel and others back in NCAA Basketball 10 on what they're doing with the game at EA Canada posted on the site. Now, the communication with AMA's; streams; and social media needs to be more broaden. Go on interact and tell people this is what you're doing in a vlogs. Those can be posted on the site and social media. Engaging with the community more.

Like I told a person on Twitter, and I will say this. The devs can never look at this as a glass half empty nor half full. This is a awakening that EA needs to start setting a standard and raising the bar for themselves after seeing 2K's constant hiccups is over 8 memory consuming patches, and having a CM falsely advertising, lying, shaking kids for money by pimping them, disrespecting people's parents, and not caring. Because he's riding on his high. Focus on the NexGen title to polish what they're making, and I actually respect this decision.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • Well at least I can say I'm going to start my own personal countdown for nba live 21 and the PS5.
  • MoGooda
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Can you guys please update the rosters in NBA Live 19? You already have most of the trades updated for this season why not add the rookies since you have the rights to do so? With live 20 cancelled this would make tons of sense. That way you don't waste the rights on a cancelled game. And I'm sure people want an alternative for 2k and their money grab this year.
  • MoGooda wrote: »
    Can you guys please update the rosters in NBA Live 19? You already have most of the trades updated for this season why not add the rookies since you have the rights to do so? With live 20 cancelled this would make tons of sense. That way you don't waste the rights on a cancelled game. And I'm sure people want an alternative for 2k and their money grab this year.

I agree with him and please make it happen ASAP... I've enjoyed Live 19 and can continue with the added Rookies and so on.
  • wsm2310
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I know this is a dead site, but I have to say a few things in case someone who actually cares checks.

This is no doubt going to come across as pretty strong, but some things need to be said. I think a lot of people here are either delusional, too invested in EA/NBA Live, or just dont want to accept the truth: EA absolutely, positively DOES NOT CARE about making NBA Live as good as it once was, and they ABSOLUTELY DO NOT care about the consumers who have probably supported the Live series too much, me included.

First, I want to be 100% honest in that I absolutely loathe 2k. I haven't bought that money grabbing trash since 2011. I refuse to play anything 2k is involved in. On the other hand, EA is shown they aren't much better. We all know what's happened recently, and Madden 20 is another example of how terrible they are. Regardless, I've stuck with NBA Live because of what it used to be.

I'll also say that the last few iterations have gotten better gameplay that feels much, much better, as well as graphics. I think there's a real argument to be made that Live has better graphics all around than 2k, which I believe is true.

For all the people saying there's only "minor issues" with Live19, you need to wake up. There were serious gameplay issues that were never addressed(cpu offensive rebounding, controls, cpu ai, ai teammate IQ, passing, fouling, turnovers, etc), franchise mode was again a joke & LUT was not only the worst iteration we've ever seen in a sports game, it was half thought out, half put together, a complete cash grab & if you were a NMS player, the worst reward-for-play ever. I refused to give them a cent due to the fact that since Live came back, LUT has somehow found a way to get worse every year. No exaggeration.

As far as listening to the community, that is absolutely hilarious. I've looked up old AMA's and found that 99% of all of them is an amazing display of answering questions while not answering questions. The ability these guys have for word salad & deflecting while mixing in the ability to somehow "coincidentally" not even address the real questions that need answers is top notch. Seriously, go look. It's ridiculous. Yet & still, people fall for it and constantly give them a pass. Some of the things I've seen most requested are in-game save states, richer & deeper franchise & LUT modes, more online modes, the ability to modify players and countless other things. What have we got? The ability to modify players. That's it, as far as I remember.

It may not seem like it, but I absolutely want Live to be the mark for excellence. I want it where it used to be. But both EA & the fans of it are completely sinking this franchise with excuses & not holding them accountable for how terrible a situation Live is in. Frame it however you want, no Live20 is a serious blow. While they use the excuse about next gen, other more capable & caring companies, as well as garbage ones, are putting out great games for current gen. Trash company 2k put one out. We're getting quite possibly the most anticipated game in recent memory in Last of Us 2 for PS4. We already got RDR2. It's absurd to use that excuse. It just comes down to they don't care about Live, and, unfortunately I hate to say it, the dev's in place either can't get this game where it has needed to be for YEARS or dont care enough to. Something needs to change, if it's not too late. It may be.

I get being dedicated. It may not sound like it, but I am. I've pre-ordered every iteration, including 14. But people need to face hard truths. Stop looking at everything through rose-tinted glasses, that's the only way true change is made. And believe me, true change is seriously needed to get this franchise where it needs to be.
    Post edited by wsm2310 on
  • EA_Blueberry
    2884 posts EA Community Manager
    wsm2310 wrote: »
    I know this is a dead site, but I have to say a few things in case someone who actually cares checks.

We are still keeping tabs.

I get being dedicated. It may not sound like it, but I am. I've pre-ordered every iteration, including 14. But people need to face hard truths. Stop looking at everything through rose-tinted glasses, that's the only way true change is made. And believe me, true change is seriously needed to get this franchise where it needs to be.

I didn't have to read too far into your post to figure out you were a dedicated fan, I can sense the fire and passion in it. Real quick, thank you for all the years you've spent on the courts with us. We really mean that and even though not all the feedback you provided us was positive, it's the ongoing conversations of the community that will help the team understand what steps need to be taken going forward to deliver the NBA Live experience fans want.

We don't have any official announcements to share around the future of NBA Live outside of this post, but stay tuned for more details next year.

Thanks, @wsm2310
  • wsm2310 wrote: »

I didn't have to read too far into your post to figure out you were a dedicated fan, I can sense the fire and passion in it. Real quick, thank you for all the years you've spent on the courts with us. We really mean that and even though not all the feedback you provided us was positive, it's the ongoing conversations of the community that will help the team understand what steps need to be taken going forward to deliver the NBA Live experience fans want.

We don't have any official announcements to share around the future of NBA Live outside of this post, but stay tuned for more details next year.

Thanks, @wsm2310

Alright we know we as fans are going to be waiting on Live 21 and that's fine (Well for some of us). How long will it take for an update for Live 19 with the rookie class of 2019? If it can be done by next month that would be awesome for all your fans and it being free for sure even better.
  • Prime7476
    48 posts Member
    edited January 11
    @wsm2310 I wouldn't say this forum is dead it's more dormant at times and it will be popping again once Live info is announced.
    Now I truly understand your passion because I'm the same why but I'm into the business and financial part and the Devs need more funding and help and with the addition of Madrid Live has 3 studios now contributing to the title which this was a longtime coming and I have a strong feeling for Live moving forward and yes Live has to hit and be on point not just for current gen the transition to the new console space has to come correct and I feel now that time has come but only time will tell.
    Post edited by Prime7476 on
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • wsm2310 wrote: »

Thanks, @wsm2310

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Thanks for the response, I guess.
  • Prime7476 wrote: »
    @wsm2310 I wouldn't say this forum is dead it's more dormant at times and it will be popping again once Live info is announced.
    Now I truly understand your passion because I'm the say why but I'm into the business and financial part and the Devs need more funding and help and with the addition of Madrid Live has 3 studios now contributing to the title which this was a longtime coming and I have a strong feeling for Live moving forward and yes Live has to hit and be on point not just for current gen the transition to the new console space has to come correct and I feel now that time has come but only time will tell.

I understand what you're saying, but I can't agree much. The ultimate team modes they have been using in all other games has made them more money than they should ever need to get Live where it needs to be. They also continue to make absurd amounts of money with those modes alone, not including games that hit outside the sports series.

The whole next gen console thing really is a non-starter for me as well. All these other companies are putting out phenomenal games with what we have. It really comes across as an excuse when you look at it from all points. The engine in 19 is usable, as it's the exact same one in Madden & Fifa. Is it the long term answer? Absolutely not. But there's nothing else in place that I know of, and a ton of EA games that are newer use it.

Like I said before, I really would like EA to get this right. Unfortunately, I have no confidence they can, and there's way too many people out there who think like me. I really don't care that we don't have a new iteration this year, I just don't like the garbage excuses being thrown around instead of them just saying they have no idea what to do next and need to regroup. It's just a complete mess. Regardless, I do understand where you're coming from and hope for the best going forward.
  • northwest443
    1 posts New member
    edited January 11
    I understand the redirection. I get it, and if terminating Live 20 was something that needed to be done, then so be it. Like others have said in this forum, Just make sure to keep updating Live 19 I'm fine with that and it seems like some others are as well.

But here's the issue, We've been through this before in the past. Games shelved, Waited like good little soldiers and what happened. We were given absolute trash. So now what you all are telling us "Hey guys, Sorry! But we're gonna have to take a sabbatical and do this again. Don't worry trust us. We're still here for you. We'll be back. We just wanna work on ourselves so we can return and be better for you next go round.

I hope you all can understand how this is hard to digest.
    Post edited by Clueminati on
  • Clueminati
    edited January 11
    I can understand your frustration @northwest443, and nobody is too thrilled to see a hiatus especially where a game is not up to standards. The question you need to ask yourself in their shoes as a dev or lead producer. Do you want to put out a product that is not finished? It is the same question from the other hiatus which I was on the Ad Council, and I have to agree with the direction. Do you want to put out a game that is extremely buggy and show remnants of other bugs shown in NBA ELITE? We have to understand the key factor behind this now, and that is "accountability" where we need a strong product from EA outside of FIFA, Madden, and NHL. Another thing we have to understand is the depth of the dev team, and yes the team is broken into different studios working on the game at EA Tiburon (Maitland, Florida, USA); EA Madrid (Spain); and EA Austin (Texas, USA). The company lost money when it comes to consumers purchasing the game, and playing Live Ultimate Team where that's another purchase base outside of the NBA. With that being said, and you look at the development grind because the NexGen Systems are coming which this puts EA in a position for LIVE despite the amount of depth 2K have with their product, and possibly a potential engine upgrade finally.

@northwest443, I have to take down your PS. Please don't swear in the forums.
  • @Clueminati actually its 4 studios working on the title you forgot Canada mainly for Mo-Cap 👍🏾
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • Clueminati
    edited January 12
    Prime7476 wrote: »
    @Clueminati actually its 4 studios working on the title you forgot Canada mainly for Mo-Cap 👍🏾

I knew I forgot EA-C (Burnaby, British Columbia). How can I forget that place, and I have been there quite a few times? So @northwest443, 4 studios and thanks to @Prime7476 reminding me which that was the very first studio I've been to 14 years ago as a mod. Which it's funny I am running up on the 15 year mark for this community in 7 months.

EA-Canada
    EA-Austin
    EA-Madrid
    EA-Tiburon

People, those are your studios that is working on this for the NexGen and the CurrentGen.