EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

What Do You Want In A NBA LIVE 19 Update? (Wishlist Poll)

2Next

Replies

• Update the roster by adding the rookies
    Clueminati wrote: »
    So the deadline has passed I am hoping we get some type of news on the update or if it won't come at all. Many fans are hoping for update and news on it something.

I will keep my ears open to hear what's been going on. All of this that you guys posted is insightful, and they need to listen about this.
    Alright hoping for something soon...
  • Once again.. yeah, all of that plus some other ideas
    It's simple, we need Zion Williamson in the game.
    It is difficult to have to create it without knowing its statistics and its equivalence within the game.
    About the uniforms we like to play with the current ones and there are many that do not exist in the game.
    Please EA ... HELP US !
  • Clueminati
    316 posts Senior Moderator
    edited February 19
    Update the roster by adding the rookies
    Tako2191 wrote: »
    It's simple, we need Zion Williamson in the game.
    It is difficult to have to create it without knowing its statistics and its equivalence within the game.
    About the uniforms we like to play with the current ones and there are many that do not exist in the game.
    Please EA ... HELP US !

No Ja Morant? His former AAU teammate who had crazy collegiate highlights? Yeah, with this thread. The update of all players is vital, and especially when it comes to the future of this brand. Whether if EA is missing LaMelo Ball where his scan is generic? When it comes to his build? We got to let them know. If Tacko Fall doesn't feel like a 7'6" inside defense monster. We got to let them know. Of course we got to pay attention to detail of the jerseys and shoe brands. For example. NBA 2K20 have Penny Hardaway without wearing his Nike Icons, which those were his signatures that he still wears as a coach. What did they do? Keep him in generic 2K shoes. Just like they never made Dirk Nowitzki's hairstyle look realistic, and it looks like they used a image of Rod Stewart for his hair. Same goes for Dwight Howard with his hair.

We got to let EA know when it comes to this. Basically saying detail, roster movement, and anything else whether if there's no hand to ball contact or hand to rim grab? That's where accountability comes in, and letting them know what needs to be worked on. No basketball game is perfect, but accountability and building it by hearing community voices can lead to a direction on something perfectly special.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • The_Scorpion1826
    34 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Any update on EA updating roster to this year season?
    Kind of frustrating to have noticed EA_Blueberry answering a question about NCAA Basketball game and she/he not having any update on Live 19 roster update.
    Not stating he is making the game, but he got EA title and such.
    This is turning to be a look here and hype it up, but nothing will come overall until Live 2021...
    Hopefully I am wrong on this...
  • Clueminati
    Guys, there will be no updates for this season. As much as I want to be optimistic about it, but it's best for them to focus on the NexGen builds and definitely what is needed for CurrentGen. @EA_Blueberry is responding to a bump thread that was posted about NCAA, but this doesn't mean he's the CM. Basically, he's a admin guy that I report to which basically he's my Admin CM. As for the future of the game? We may hear an announcement down the road, but we got to keep our ears opened behind the closed door.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3105 posts EA Community Manager
    3 vs 3 - half court
    Kind of frustrating to have noticed EA_Blueberry answering a question about NCAA Basketball game and she/he not having any update on Live 19 roster update.
    This is turning to be a look here and hype it up, but nothing will come overall until Live 2021...

Hey, @The_Scorpion1826!

As @Clueminati previously mentioned and clarified, I'm not the official Community Manager for NBA Live but do monitor these forums along as other EA Sports forums for feedback among the community for those respectable teams to be aware of, as well as other responsibilities such as bug reporting.

In regards to your inquiry, I know I've seen the request to have a roster update pop up from NBA Live fans throughout the months since our last official post about the future of the NBA Live franchise back in October. I can see how that is a fair request since there aren't any plans to introduce a new NBA Live HD product this season.

At this time, we do not see any plans to introduce a roster update to reflect this current NBA Live season. While things can always be subject to change, I want to make sure we are transparent on this subject as that looks to be the expectations moving forward for NBA Live 19.

Hey, @The_Scorpion1826!

As @Clueminati previously mentioned and clarified, I'm not the official Community Manager for NBA Live but do monitor these forums along as other EA Sports forums for feedback among the community for those respectable teams to be aware of, as well as other responsibilities such as bug reporting.

In regards to your inquiry, I know I've seen the request to have a roster update pop up from NBA Live fans throughout the months since our last official post about the future of the NBA Live franchise back in October. I can see how that is a fair request since there aren't any plans to introduce a new NBA Live HD product this season.

At this time, we do not see any plans to introduce a roster update to reflect this current NBA Live season. While things can always be subject to change, I want to make sure we are transparent on this subject as that looks to be the expectations moving forward for NBA Live 19.

Well thank you for responding and it is a bummer that no update will occur, but at least it is no longer something I will look forward too now it is all about Live 2021... Just make sure they (live makers) look into the ideas from all the board members. Good ideas they can implement... On to Live 2021
  • EA_Blueberry
    3105 posts EA Community Manager
    3 vs 3 - half court
    @The_Scorpion1826

No problem and I totally understand why a lot of players out there would want a roster update themselves since there wasn't an NBA Live 20 in the works. I wish I was able to deliver better news to you about that here, but our NBA Live teams use these forums as a part of their creative process to decide what direction to go in. This is a nice little wishlist we have going so far and we hope to see it continue going. Anything you want to see from the NBA Live team in the future, drain it here.
  • Once again.. yeah, all of that plus some other ideas
    Captains on Teams - The Captain is the only one who would be able to tell CPU players who to pass to avoid the high frequency of ball-hogging players

Time Outs in Live Run - Let the Captains call a limited number of 30 second timeouts to strategize with teammates

Match-Up Change - Give the Captains a chance before the game and in between each quarter to change match-ups and improve defense

Play Calling in Live Run - It was in 18, don't know why it was taken out. Reducing the communication tools between players only leads to more frustration. This would also help when needing to adjust with CPUs on your team as well

Highlight Play Access and Saving - You have this feature for the online play of the NHL games and I assume the FIFA games as well. Why isn't it available for NBA Live?

Teammate Rating System - There are a lot of bad players in NBA Live. They have skills but do not play team ball. I personally have quite a few players that I avoid if I drop into a game where they are on my team. Having a rating system along with comments as to why they don't like the player would be a help. Also with the previous entry having evidence to back up your claim could only make the community stronger

True Pick Up Games - The current matchmaking system is akin to the same one that is used in FPSs and other shooter video games. Having to load into the lobby takes us out of the game and doesn't reflect pick up basketball. I think every pick up game should accommodate 15 players at a time where the 11th player or first to call has "Next" or "Down" and chooses 4 others to run on their team from the players in the match without having to go back into the lobby, affording a team the ability to "Hold the Court" if they continue to be successful. Having a full size court where the 5v5 takes place and a half court where you can shoot around, play 21 or give the players the option to spectate and scout players for the next game or friends would also boost the community

No Full Sized Courts for 3v3 - The full sized courts yield an unfair advantage to the quicker players on the court. Also it shouldn't be buggy and swap a 3v3 court for a 5v5 unexpectedly

Streamlined Badges - There a few badges that seem unnecessary (e.g. Step Back v Step Off) reducing the number of badges to eliminate duplicates would balance the game better

Scaled Badge Progression - In Live 18 EA counted Dwayne Wade as a 1 allowing guards of any type to earn a dunk. In 19 only players with dunk in their core skills could dunk unless you manipulate the stats of a player (height and weight). Any player could potentially learn any skill within reason. I think that allowing players to earn outside their wheelhouse skills would open character customization but it should be done with regard to skills (a Big should take more instances of Driving and Dishing or Driving and Scoring to unlock Sure Handles than a Wing or a Guard due to no dribble skill)

Two Way Player Balancing - I prefer to play a Floor General in 19, there have been many instances where I would have open court and miss a layup with no defense around me, fairly often. This should not be. Anyone who played professionally and missed some of the shots that I have with no opposition would be riding the pine all season

Allowing Special Rules in Public Games - The best worst thing EA has done is allowing special game modifications but not giving players the ability to take these rules to a public match. Having a game browser displaying the changes would open up more variety in gameplay

Online Tournament/League - This is another feature from NHL 20 that could also boost the community and interest in your game. Allow us to make teams with jerseys and take on other clubs online with a ranking system similar to competitive shooters

Reaper Build Nerfs - One of the most prevalent things I'm seeing in the game is Reapers having Way Back and Late to the Party equipped and essentially "cheesing" the game. These players are given way to much power. They will hold onto the ball, neglecting their teammates generally making the game less fun for all involved, guarded by 3 players tightly, squeezing off a Green Hundo as if no one was there at all. This will render all other builds obsolete

More MyCourt Customization - The options for the MyCourt weren't really that great. You only offered one environment for the court and the seating. More styles of environments would add more visual variety. There were no crowd customization options, no signs as well as no atmosphere settings. These would add more personal investment from players and add to the community

- I would love to receive any feedback about my suggestions -
  • Clueminati
    @SeverusOctavian that is well in depth and broken down, and I definitely would love to see more when it goes to the badges aspect. Definitely I still have that problem when it comes to 3v3 is considered as a full court game instead of half court. That is one of my most major issues when you think about the logic behind it, and 4v4 is more understanding as a full court game than that. So I fully agree with your post.
  • Yeah, all of that
    I’m NBA Live all day and here’s why. If you’re still playing Live 19, they are constantly updating the game. This past week I’m seeing and feeling the difference when playing online head to head. More player control. Better response time. AI is better. Cut scenes. Fade-aways. Post movement. They’ve cut down on easy 3 point shots. Cut down easy steals. I’m beating high ranked people who would normally cheese all days with easy 3’s and spamming the steal button. I pray they drop Live 21. That will be the deciding factor if go from PS4 to PS5. I just can’t play 2K. It’s too blocky with the movement. Force field seems fake. If a player is near you you’re missing a shot. And the graphics are wack. All that money 2K makes and their home screen is trash. Players look stiff. Live flows. Stop trying to take down 2K and just add onto what they currently have now with Live 19. Make Court Battles online (with up 10 players) or 1 vs 10. Copy the same settings with 5 vs 5 (captain of a team, team jerseys after your team completes certain tasks, timeouts). ONLINE FRANCHISE is needed please!!! I would love to play in a franchise online against some of these users. Same settings as 2K. Commissioner & co commissioner options. Invite friends to your court to practice and play 1 vs 1 - 5 vs 5. Oh, allow us to change view settings when playing. I love the baseline view but wish I could up the height just a little. We don’t care about all of this movie stuff with my player. Just keep it simple and play to earn. That should be the concept. Play to earn. I hate in 2K you can pay to get coins for your player. What’s the purpose of playing. The game will come out and players are already beasts. They didn’t earn that smh. Be able to take your court battles team including your my player and play online head to head. That’s be dope. Oh all star game online 5 vs 5 is needed. Keep doing the daily challenges to earn things. I like that only for certain periods of time if you complete challenges you’ll earn certain jerseys and sneakers and etc. If you miss that challenge you can’t get those certain sneakers or jerseys. Try to come with more HOF players. I know it’s tough to get MJ but try. If not please put Kobe on the cover if you can. If not please have a Kobe challenge. Something like what 2K did. Recreate certain Kobe/Laker moments and complete challenges. I believe if they can do these things Live can really swing the pendulum
  • 4 vs 4 - full court
    Versitility increases on steals as an incentive would be a neat feature for a future game. :-)
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Clueminati
    @Matt_baby thank you for the update about NBA LIVE 19. Guys, if anything you all want to see in the game, or changed within the game please post in the Wish List thread.
    So since we are bringing ideas for the next installment of NBA Live to the Next Gen of Consoles here are a couple of suggestions. No.1- I know that you guys are working hard on animations, graphics, detection, basketball IQ and Artificial Intelligence but you have to bring in the NBA/WNBA Team tendencies and more signature. In order to have a simulation take in your game this has to be implemented, no excuses. No.2- Game Modes need to have in-depth assets for replay-ability. Modes like Franchise need to be use for the NBA and WNBA, also give us a chance to come into Franchise Mode by making our own custom teams from the jerseys, logos, venues, city or country to where the NBA or WNBA has to add another team back into the league. Also when playing The One or Franchise Mode bring back the Academy Mode, it was a great basketball asset to the NBA Live Franchise in NBA Live 2009. It will give us the experience as a NBA or WNBA superstar while thriving for the starting position of the basketball team. Other modes like Court Battles, Online Head to Head, Live Run and Live Events need to have online lobbies. So many times players have to forge themselves into games with randoms that doesn't know the principles of basketball. Court Battles should have a PvP interaction, Online Head to Head should have a tier system so everyone can play others on the same levels instead of mismatches, also to host tournaments and switch the levels of play from All-Star to Superstar(Also choose between NBA or WNBA teams), Live Run and Live Event should have choices in the lobbies if someone on the team is being selfish to where they can vote that person off for their misconduct. No.3- Presentation needs a major overhaul, the commentary, the player introduction for both NBA/WNBA, The ESPN license need to be filly utilized to its extend. The commentary need to have more life toward the game like they are actually there, also they need more facts on the NBA and WNBA players, it needs to be more organic instead of bland. The player introduction need to make a big return for the NBA and WNBA, it has to be where they're shooting around socializing while doing their pregame ritual to where they are shaking hands with their opponents at the end of the buzzer. ESPN has the data for the NBA and WNBA teams stats and records which meaning that it need to use as much as possible, it can give a realistic take on the teams attributes. Also use the shows like Get Up, First Take or Jalen & Jacoby since Jalen Rose is being use for the halftime show which also need additional help with bringing back ESPN Wired and another person on the set. Last but not least No.4- All-Star Weekend needs to return for all the modes, nothing upset players to when they are playing a successful season in The One or Franchise mode and when it comes to the All-Star Weekend they can't play the festivities like the Rising Star Game between the World and USA teams of rookies and sophomores, from using your stick skills in the Skills Challenge, shooting threes everywhere in the 3-Point Contest and shaking the rim in the Slam Dunk Contest. The WNBA can have the same thing except for the Dunk Contest of course. I know this is just a fragment of what everyone is requesting and they the development team is working work but these suggestions should be taking under consideration along with your ideas of course, hopefully this will come towards the light in the Next Gens of console. Thank You.