EA Forums - Banner

Welcome to the NBA LIVE Forums!

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

What are you looking for in NBA Live 17?

Replies

• In my opinion I feel like NBA live 17 can be the best basketball game on the market at release. Outside of the pageantry and cosmetics of the games presentation, I'm not satisfied with 2k17. NBA live 17 has to capitalize on 2k's slow start to this console generation like 2k did to Live last console generation. If live nails the simple things I feel like 2k is disregarding in favor for eye candy, then live will be back in business.

I hope NBA live 17 will be live 17/18 and they don't release an entire new game next year just a huge game update for like $10 (or free) as goodwill to their loyal customers.
  • Clueminati
    329 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2016
    moe71 wrote: »
    haven't played in years but my take on 2K vs Live was always 2k was always easy. no defense, shots always went in. I occasionally stop in gamestop and I find it funny that I can beat people that play 2k.plan on purchasing my xbox one just for Live.

2K have the easiest way to cheese in the game. You're not going to find a true opponent who'll play with teams like Miami; Phoenix; Boston; Toronto; etc. You're not going to find an opponent who uses their basketball IQ, and court logic on if he / she is finding ways to deny the ball or move the ball around. Then again I played a person on LIVE 16 who cheesed heavy with Golden State by dropping 58 points with Steph Curry; 18 points with Klay Thompson; and only 8 with both Andrew Bogut and Draymond Green. So, boosting the ratings to make a player 99 shooting to hardcore cheesing needs to be adjusted with both games. Either / or you're going to find an opponent over 60% of the time running with Golden State, and probably the rest is Cleveland; Los Angeles Clippers; and Portland.
    In my opinion I feel like NBA live 17 can be the best basketball game on the market at release. Outside of the pageantry and cosmetics of the games presentation, I'm not satisfied with 2k17. NBA live 17 has to capitalize on 2k's slow start to this console generation like 2k did to Live last console generation. If live nails the simple things I feel like 2k is disregarding in favor for eye candy, then live will be back in business.

I hope NBA live 17 will be live 17/18 and they don't release an entire new game next year just a huge game update for like $10 (or free) as goodwill to their loyal customers.

That's a great opinion. I want EA to capitalize and monopolize with NBA LIVE, and bring the best out of it just kick down the doors. I want that. That's why I said look back at those features; look back at NBA LIVE 10; and look at the improvements of 16. Look at what made them, and have people liking the game. If they need to look at NBA Street to complement NBA LIVE Pro Am? Do that too. If they have to look at what made NCAA Basketball 10 great in my book? Look at the game too. Look at NBA LIVE Mobile as well. Some times going back to square, or even looking into the vaults can help.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • Clueminati
    edited October 2016
    As long as there's someone that can stand up and say " No, that layup looks unrealistic or that play should have worked a bit better under these circumstances etc etc... " There shouldn't be anything awkward in this game period with all the time they've had.. Just think, if they repeat that Nash floater debacle again ( NBA LIVE 14 ) it's an rap.... No more patches 2 months later!!! There are plenty of diehard NBA LIVE fans who'll come down there and game test for endless hours putting their on lives on hold so that they get it right!! I know developers are too busy to chat, but we definitely need someone from TIBURON here on this forum, that's working on 17.... We've given the development team tons of ideas over the years so it's only right to open up some form of communication here....

Andrew Johnson aka AJ is your CM to speak to with NBA LIVE; Cornell Gunter is your CM to speak to for LIVE and Madden Mobile. Corey Andress is the man you want to speak to that's within the community also, and he's a former Game Changer. I hate to leave you guys without a mod or an voice to represent you guys, and if I have to come back? I will, but I believe AJ will have an application for people wanting to join the community as a moderator.

Trust me.... You all may see me with this intro if I have to step back in.

vNwI79.gif
  • Clueminati
    edited October 2016
    I have to jump back on here real quick before I get back listening to The Letter O album again. I guess all communications is behind closed doors, but I remember I said there should be a small announcement in the 3rd quarter. Well, we're in the 3rd quarter, and it's nearing the 4th quarter. So I wonder if there's a hold on not dropping the game in the 4th quarter, or create a small beta game and not sell it at the regular price. Which personally I believe, and its just me saying this. Wait for the next basketball season, and smooth out the rough patches more. It'll help create the game better whenever transferred to Frostbite from IGNITE, and that can be the new start than rushing to get the game out in the 4th quarter.
  • has anyone ever noticed on GAMESTOP nba live 10 has a better rating than any 2k basketball game to date. EA folded, never should of let 2K run them out of business.
  • One thing I would really like the team to perfect is the overall pace & consistency, I always say this, but I believe in order for the game to be fun, the game play has to be loose in the run game and half court game
  • hey everybody! i just read about most of everybody comments. I have high hopes for live 17 but it hard to believe it when madden and fifa as a complete game isnt better than the competition which is 2k. I hear the rumbles through the twitters but have we seen any FACTS?
  • The biggest thing to me is physics and if EA can get them right it will be the biggest game changer to me. Fifa, Madden, and NHL have it so when will basketball make the jump? I'm just tired of all the clipping Mike Wang blog but after playing the game it seems as if its worse and physics don't exist at all in that game.

Imagine if EA could build physic based systems in the game that can determine if a player is injured when collisions happen in real time, determine when fouls occur, user controlled and 1's, collision with refs, camera men, etc.

I could go on for days about things that could be done with physics but to make a long story short just make Live live with great control over everything with great animations and I'm good gameplay wise.
  • I hope they do too been preaching this for years. When EA started Elite 11 I actually agreed with the hockey dude that said it hasn't been anything innovative with basketball games for decades. I feel EA has the opportunity to beat 2k with the physics and feel of the game. Lets hope we have the right devs to get the job done.
  • ill say this here first 17 most likely will be a ps pro only game
  • We need more of this..... These blogs should be @ the top of their marketing board in the PRD with branches and emphasis clearly pointing toward winning back fans.... Once or twice a week!!! Breakdowns on how far y'all have come along and where y'all want to go.... 2K has already cemented their sales so there's no need to rock, paper, scissors with those guys any longer!!

Let me remind you that Mike **** ( y'all know already but for those who don't he's the lead NBA 2K director ) played a role in NBA LIVE's 10 development and you can clearly see the hypocrisy in 10 with NBA 2K 11-17 to follow!! That's crazy... We really do need something groundbreaking EA TIBURON.... Something basketball gaming fans haven't witnessed before!

I fully agree. Be as transparent and informative as possible with the blogs and show off the in game mechanics in the forefront too.
    Smitty
    EA Sports Gamechanger since 2012
    Follow on Twitter @SmittyD1981

• Can't join leagues. Try to apply but get an error that selected league is over the application limit. There should be a better "only show ones that you qualify for" in search options to not include leagues over their limit. It would be nice if your players would get on a hot streak and slumps depending on your % rate when shooting.

The format should be more like Mobile Madden where you can have league tournaments and challenges against other leagues.
  • Clueminati
    edited November 2016
    I explained that about Beluba being part of EA basketball community ever since the game was made in EA Canada. I first saw him since the NCAA Basketball Community Day Event, and his vision was to make the game sim but he was shot down from that. He was suppose to be taking over for Sean O'Brien besides Lithman messing it up for NBA ELITE, and Mike W is the man that created Kobe Bryant Courtside for Nintendo.

It is a make or break for EA to get it together, and the transition move to Frostbite couldn't have come at a better time to get rid of IGNITE. There were some player graphics I didn't like in LIVE which Boxden made fun of Melo to be made as a smiley, and seeing a James Harden looking like a cantankerous old man on one scene. There are changes that needed, and I haven't returned back to NBA 2K17 which I have traded it in. I have also traded in Mafia 3 where I found that game mostly entertaining that took my time away from Battlefield I. Personally, if EA got something big in store to that can break down the walls instead of talking about what they have on NBA LIVE Mobile, which I love the game although I moved on from it.

Just put it like this. All-star weekend is coming; December is coming; New Year's is coming; and what would be most incredible is to break out some news within the VGA week through via Twitter. 2K just announced a new addition to the park with Snoop Dogg in the game, and I don't know what else is announced but I am in the same ship with you all. I am camping out to hear the word, and curious to see what's news.
  • Clueminati
    TRUE NBA LIVE FANATICS: Invite these guys down and have them TEST, OBSERVE, GIVE INSIGHT then earn their keep as EA GAME CHANGERS.. Enough said!

The community needs a few reliable voices to help issue in the NBA LIVE culture and essence we've all come to know and love! Do that for us.....

Invite all of Live Team Stream, and not anyone from NLSC?
  • I think the cover should be just "NBA LIVE" nothing else, not even a year.

As much as I'd love for them to be marketing the game now, speaking to us, I know that's what has gotten them in trouble in years past. Too much talk and not enough results. I'm dying to know the slightest bit of news, but I gotta respect the process and hope they deliver an Embiid lol.
  • Bring a Dope soundtrack!!!!! Bring back the practicing and shooting around while game loads!!!! More signature moves, make each player individual!!!! Bring back team play, 5 on 5!!!! Some unique cut scenes, perhaps when a flagrant foul is comitted, the team or players began to push eachother around. Let's make live stand out, let's make live what it use to be. Lets make live unique, lets make live The best basketball game again!!!!
  • Things were stated and I truly appreciate the Devs and this is something that was suggested and they saw it and took into strong consideration #NLVC gladly read also check out the video as well

https://youtu.be/t9zM7XhHh04
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • KillaGamer_PFL
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Dear EA Santa-

I would only want two additions for NBA Live 17 for Christmas! Multiplayer Team Play + Lobby= Haven on Earth! Please consider....

Post edited by KillaGamer_PFL on
  • Clueminati
    edited November 2016
    After looking at Park At Dark from 2K, and the main thing I took away from it. It looks like a rave party at a YMCA. Some former mods and I spoke about this through a via conversation today, and this would be a perfect time EA just kick down the doors. So many displeasuring moments that 2K17 left us, and I decided to turn my game in regardless that I have paid $112 for it to be shipped as a pointless purchase. For all that I would've been spending my money on Watch Dogs 2, and I have lost so much respect for Ubisoft after playing Watch Dogs, The Siege, and The Division. The only game honestly that's worth it regardless of the glitching from 2K is Mafia 3, but you got to look straight through the whole racial comments made in the game unless you were the people on Twitter criticizing about Netflix's Luke Cage.

2K is still ripping people off with the VC no matter how much you put in it, and I took a chance on the cards. I tried to play devil's advocate by comparing their 2K cards to LUT, but they've seen right through me on one statement. With LIVE you get more out of it, and regardless that they don't want you to get that Steph Curry or LeBron James. You'll still be satisfied picking up a Boogie Cousins, Kevin Love, Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, etc. Look at my little LUT blog if they didn't take it off of here, but it'll show you what I was working with.

Another discouraging moment that I have encountered with 2K, and I remember a former CM here told me this. They have no room with their engine, and they cut things out to add stuff that is needless. According to a former CM back in NYC during the NBA LIVE 09 Event before the NBA Draft, and that wasn't a stunt move folks it's on the Minati Blog too. 2K was still working with the same engine that they've started on which it was Dreamcast, and ever since they acquired WWE? My whole thought, and perspective is that the game should've been using that engine as well. 2K had some good GTMs where I said 2K12 was the best game that I have played; and it's like me saying NCAA Basketball 10 was better than NBA LIVE 10. Also NBA Street V2 was better than NBA Street Homecourt; NBA Street V3; and NBA JAM. I also had to fallback when I mentioned GTM, and looked at it where the series of the game itself. Sure we've been gassing the games, but deep down 2K did bite off some of the things that made EA.

If you look within the people that's part of the community that's straight dissing their fans like they have affluenza thinking the game deserve GOTY. No, the people at Naughty Dog got that on lock with Uncharted, and once they bring out The Last Of Us 2? That's on lock as well, and SGOTY can be a wrap with FIFA 17 or Madden 17. One thing I can admit about EA's community is that we don't act too bigotry or better than anything. No swagger juicing, but tend to reach out and tend to speak to them. Never sit there, and talk down others. That's like making a YouTube video blog talking about this and that, and then talk down to others who oppose that game plus claim yourself as something that nobody never heard of. That's not a community for people to listen, and last time I checked one person don't speak for everyone or represent the whole. Not all of us need a YouTube video to say what we need to say; we can express it through this form; or even on podcast. Push comes to shove, it's still brotherly love because we all want to see this in the game, or changed within the game. Can't diss everything that helped you there, and you can't brag and joke about something where your product is really broken. EA does need to bring back the real, and bring back how the game was and better with FROSTBITE running.
    Post edited by Clueminati on
  • it cant be hard to do better than 2k, there up there with one of the worst gaming companies ever