EA Forums - Banner

Welcome to the NBA LIVE Forums!

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

What are you looking for in NBA Live 17?

Replies

• ^^ is that sarcasm? Take two has the best selling video game of all time I believe. Take two does it better than most companies
  • I just want a game on a regular bases yearly. I don't know why EA caved to 2K their product was never any good. To me, it was just an easier version to play for kids who could not cope with Live.
  • people that play live are basketball people. its the gameplay that draws us to the game. I don't care about sneakers and create a player and all that childish stuff. I want a game that mirrors real NBA gameplay. that's it.
  • - gives us a function to complete edit of all NBA players( appearance wise) this hasn't done before.
    - a different crowd reaction, gameplay and environment from Regular, All Star, Playoffs and Finals.
    - Authentic Shoe P.E's for NBA players and not generic colours because in reality not all players wear the
    same colours as their uniform.
    - A fluid movement 2k is good but i know you can do better with the technology now.
    - Don't go full **** with online modes and forgot the hardcore simulation offline players, leave it to 2k
    - a very distinct time out scene and halftime scene with coaches actually pointing in clipboards while
    announcer talking in the background or a play being repeat is showing in a small window.
    - Same as the start of second half show a small window with the coach being interviewed while playing.
    - Scan all NBA players get the best art dept to capture the most realistic looking players as possible.
    - Please focus on the current NBA league and whats going on( players actual reaction, movement,
    mannerism)
    - A real Foul that actually shows you hit the opponent. and Flagrant fouls and ejection, a small altercation
    or players argument.
    - A different feel from 1st quarter until 4th quarter.
    - a small clip of players in casual clothes coming in the arena before the game.
    - Towels towels towels towels and water boys seriously you can see this all the time in a NBA games.
    - occasional replays with actual commentaries never been done.
    - Actual announcers from city to city if possible or if not just change the tone.
    - and last and most important the movement please please please make the movement as real and fluid
    and as authentic as possible. you know your mistake before and you know what i mean just hire someone who can create it.

Good luck i hope you don't disappoint this time.
    :)
  • Clueminati
    329 posts Senior Moderator
    MLB.... Where's USA Basketball???? That was part of the EA Basketball playoff series, and which I was a beast with China beating my cousins that thinking running with USA & Canada would be an advantage.

Remember I said that Uncharted 4 would win GOTY???? I was wrong, Overwatched surprisingly took the title, and another award over Uncharted 4. Which Ronnie & LD saying NBA 2K17 will be GOTY in there this summer, and then claiming it's also SGOTY as well. Which I was wrong on SGOTY would go to FIFA; which neither FIFA or The Show didn't get it. Forza won SGOTY, and I wonder how the community feel right now? Boasting and dissing their fans after all that trash they've talked down to them on Twitter. Do I need to find Suge Knight to be like the '95 Source Awards with the Come To Death Row speech? This is Karma, but I have respect for them to bounce back which they need to be more humble. LIVE you guys are up to take a swing, and hit this out the park.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • Dear Devs,

Imo, Live 09 was unmatched in it's time as far as online team play. Matchmaking was very smooth and it was nice to hear the other team in the lobby so you can talk trash for a minute. The only thing that kind of bothered me was the fact that a club could have a ridiculous number of members ( I want to say 50, but it was at least 20 for sure) and that created a big advantage for the top rated teams on the leaderboard because they were able to have someone on just about 24/7, with multiple games going at once. And having the leaderboard rankings based on wins alone created a huge disadvantage for clubs like mine, who only had 4 members but would go all day without losing. By the time we quit playing we we're still the #8 ranked club, though I thought based on the win percentage and clubs we beat that we we're actually the 2nd best club. The #1 club IMO also had only 4 members. They were ranked 4th if memory serves. They were the only team we could never beat.
    I believe club rankings should be based on some sort of mix between win percentage and how good the teams you beat are, as well as how bad the teams you lose to are. And put a reasonable cap on the number of members a club can have (I've always thought 13 was a good number to match the number a real nba team uses). I hope your team will take this into consideration if you're working on any sort of crew or club mode, which I hope so bc it was the most fun mode in 09 by far. Thanks for the opportunity for us to be heard.
  • Ladies and Gentlemen Want to know the real about #NbaLive and get proper material & Info to the fullest come to the channel #RiseTogether
    https://www.youtube.com/c/Prime7674
    Truth Is Standard #Nlvc
  • Rising Star mode, that should be a focal point in Live 17. We need an in depth story mode for at least the first season, with real life rookie season issues and situations. Endorsements, shoe contracts, and other deals of that nature.Bring in a personal feel when creating a player like name of HS and of course a college selection. Since Live is a Basketball sim and doesn't have gimmicks in gameplay, Pro-Am should be expanded with a ranking system and tiers similar to 2K. This will give the player an objective, a reason to grind and play. Keep it to where there are no micro transactions, we appreciate the grind and it's more rewarding to improve our players. With that being said, considering our Rising Star would be a top prospect his starting overall shouldn't be less than a 75-80. We want a fairly easy attribute upgrade system but not too easy.
  • Clueminati
    edited December 2016
    I haven't played 2K for like... 3 months ever since I have traded it in, and it seems it keeps going off the head with constant patch updates. Which that's not what I am about to end up speaking on, but I want to speak about royalties for tonight. Yes, I said it. Not like that person is going to get the money, or share upon sells on what was made based of their creations. Earlier during the day while listening to the Doomsday Cypher on Sway In The Morning, and it was an interesting line-up with Pete Rock & Big KRiT doing the live productions plus The LOX performing. Anyways, I was checking a YouTube video where the ultimate bite move happened....

2K17 really added a Park theme similar to NBA Street, and without the NBA Street moves which it's still in the making. As much as I wanted to give credit for the franchise on doing what they need to do, but there is some extreme biting going on. The game is fun until is becomes redundant, and tiring which certain things is not fixed. I feel that 17 became what ELITE was suppose to be which they mimic from the controls, but throwing in NBA Street the classic of all EA BIG games that falls in line with SSX; NFL Street; Def Jam Vendetta; and others? Come on, it's a mockery that's basically shown right there.

I want to see what EA brings to the table which the 4th quarter is coming. I was hoping for an announcement, or a small teaser drop during the VGA although I was pleased about Last Of Us 2 is on its way. I will be honest with this game on how I am with the game 2K, and the skateboard is now in the hands of EA Sports with NBA LIVE right now. Like Big KRiT said in the classic song American Rapstar from the Return Of 4Eva album. "You either fall, or you grind the rails."

So, EA.... What you guys going to do?
  • Aside from a smoother 5 on 5 experience and more refined animations I would love to see the dunk contest return to Live. Not with a gimmicky control scheme like the 2k series. I would love to see the old Live dunk contest formula return. It was by far the best dunk contest in NBA games.
  • I think we need a pre game shoot around in rising star. I wanted this out of 2k but they didn't deliver. I think it would be pretty cool to have the ability to arrive at the stadium early and warm up, hang in the locker room and handle press conferences. You would also have a certain amount of time to do this stuff because if you've ever been to an NBA pregame shoot around you see that there is a amount of time on the game clock that lets players know when it's game time. I don't know if I am the only one who wants this or not but I just think it would be interesting.
  • matthew3333
    23 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    ^^ is that sarcasm? Take two has the best selling video game of all time I believe. Take two does it better than most companies

im talking about the development from 2k on the NBA games, the quality is poor, anyone should be able to see that., some other games that 2k has made are poor to, i dont know what your seeing from them.
  • Clueminati
    ^^ is that sarcasm? Take two has the best selling video game of all time I believe. Take two does it better than most companies

im talking about the development from 2k on the NBA games, the quality is poor, anyone should be able to see that., some other games that 2k has made are poor to, i dont know what your seeing from them.

It's not sarcasm, but 2K does not have the best selling game of all time. If so? It would be up there with the names of FORZA; FIFA; The Show; and to be honest? That's a Tier 1 picking, and 2K is not a Tier 1 it's more up in the hierarchy as a Tier 2 with Madden, and Madden still holds more sells than 2K. The game is a better basketball game due to certain standards, but once you see what they didn't fix or completely ignore? It can lose interest within someone's attention, and truth be told? 2K12 is still the better game of them all that came out ahead of it; but that trend on "barrowing" previous features of NBA LIVE games is ridiculous. 2K17 is actually a polished version of NBA ELITE and adding a DLC of the 3 on 3 park venue? That's NBA STREET without the moves as yet. So now, I am not sold on 2K until they improve.

So my question is....

Since 2K does it better than most companies. How come they didn't come home with the Sports Game Of The Year Award over FORZA at the VGAs?

The game is fun, and then it gets dull. That's why I got tired of playing it, and turned it in for MAFIA 3.
  • Clueminati , 2k17 is just straight broken, for a game thats been at it for 17 straight years, there are issues that are way too blatant, i mean i have to delete a file on my xbox every now and then just so the game will start, i would expect that from some pre alpha, early access type games on steam, but a full price game? thats suppose to be coming from top of the line gaming company?, then there's the problem with the AI in that game, everything is cheating, they cant make a game run smooth without making the AI influence it in to big of a way...
  • Clueminati
    edited December 2016
    Clueminati , 2k17 is just straight broken, for a game thats been at it for 17 straight years, there are issues that are way too blatant, i mean i have to delete a file on my xbox every now and then just so the game will start, i would expect that from some pre alpha, early access type games on steam, but a full price game? thats suppose to be coming from top of the line gaming company?, then there's the problem with the AI in that game, everything is cheating, they cant make a game run smooth without making the AI influence it in to big of a way...

The problem with 2K is that the arrogance that's around the game is never fixed, and arrogance around the community too. I can recall times that I was in Vancouver back when NCAA College Basketball was out during Community Day that a person wants to contrast and compare that to College Basketball 2K. The difference is the lighting contrast hitting the court; but when 2K lost Blue Ribbon, to EA it was over. Although, the game itself had a better name depth, but it was never touching the integration with ESPN and CBS. Loved it!

2K doesn't have anything. It's like saying that the game can have a new hat, but it's the same game every single time. Which people will go crazy over it, and what I can applaud them for is that the game had the crossovers for Allen Iverson and Jamal Crawford. EA had the GTM for Kevin Durant when he was a rookie. You know spin around, and finishing off with the dunk? That was his GTM, but I do give credit to 2K again for the dunking. Animation wise? No, but having the packages for the game is impressive. Like last year I had my player with a Jordan Dunk package; Julius Erving's cradle dunk; Clyde Drexler's dunk; and some windmills that'll make Dominique Wilkins happy. I think I have a between the legs dunk somewhere within the package, but it wouldn't work along with the reversal dunk. The same with the Jordan lay-ups which I have to stick with the traditional euro-step moves by Manu Ginobilli; Tony Parker; and James Harden. So, I have made my player as a offensive juggernaut, and now a defensive minded player in ways. Only because the game is just not good. Which IGN gasses the game to it's fullest, but hates NBA LIVE when it comes out. Surely there were moments that LIVE wasn't interesting, or lack of venues which PRO Am and LUT made it up for me. Which I have spent a lot money on LUT on perfecting a team that can't be beaten compared to those VC's for 2K.

The more in depth venues and deeper the gameplay? I see that EA will back on the path that they were on so I can finally stop wasting money on 2K just to play it for 4 weeks, and here people trying to trash talk with Golden State or Cleveland. Especially with the 2K Ultimate Team version where they have the worst shooter that they're playing with making them look like Steph and Klay on the game. Had that complaint one time which I think it was 2K11 whenever Blake Griffin was a rookie where teammate Matt Barnes was a deadeye shooter with the worst release timing ever.
  • Clueminati
    I'm not falling for click bait, and I waiting for the authentic to drop.
  • Clueminati
    Yeah, EA just need to bring it.
  • I'd just love to see fluidity while staying in control of your player. In 2k they have these fluidity animations, but your player is locked in so that it can look more pretty. I'm not saying that Live should have no two man animations, I just want control to stay in my hands.
  • Clueminati
    edited January 2017
    Tmunk77 wrote: »
    I'd just love to see fluidity while staying in control of your player. In 2k they have these fluidity animations, but your player is locked in so that it can look more pretty. I'm not saying that Live should have no two man animations, I just want control to stay in my hands.

2K stays in one animation that you can't break out of. Lets say you're on a 2 on 3 fast break situation, and you get by one person by switching the ball in your hands (standard crossover) just to draw in another defender to guard the ball while the other defends the basket. A possible spin move, hesitation dribble, or a simple crossover / behind the back dribble to get by the other backcourt defender. So now it's an option...
    • Attack the basket with a floater?
    • Stop on the dime inside the perimeter to take the shot, and your trailer would try to clean the boards?
    • Commit a 2 on 1 emphatic finish?
    • Try and get the blocking foul, and hope the defender moved their feet or standing inside the cylinder?

Those are the many options if you can break the animation. The same goes for the 3 on 2 situations too as well, and I can't knock 2K with the training drill but there got to be certain animation breaks when I talk about that. I mean, I have seen certain people that can do Eurosteps, and perform a bounce pass during a transition. There's not a animation break during a crossover, and they talk about spacing which I hardly see that when in a triple threat stance. Which that's a different discussion of animation to look at when you see traditional fundamentalists who does not do a crossover, but have an explosive first step unless outthink their defender.
  • moe71
    82 posts Member
    just got my xbox one for x-mas, first game purchased nba live 16. love it. it felt like the live I remember minus that line. like I always say EA should of not stop making live. 2k fans just cant deal with LIVE.