EA Forums - Banner

Welcome to the NBA LIVE Forums!

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

First Impressions Demo Thread

Replies

• LIVE19nba players' dribble are a lot of similar, the action difference is very small, almost the same, Iverson's dribble signature action is very obvious, I hope the official version to increase the dribble action package, now the demo play, the basic dribble action, Very similar to live18, except for those high-end street dribbles that are likely to be creative
  • LIVE19nba players' dribble are a lot of similar, the action difference is very small, almost the same, Iverson's dribble signature action is very obvious, I hope the official version to increase the dribble action package, now the basic dribble action, Very similar to live18
  • Dream shake can only do one action, not the second https://t.co/hGGJ5SAwX1-up playability and operability are too low, can't do much, almost the same as LIVE18, hope to improve, can do few times dream shake https://t.co/dev32qIb5i
  • Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m waiting to post comments on The One. You guys have to remember it’s only the demo. Last year with the demo it started off with the cpu being too strong. Your player couldn’t do the things it could do because of their rating. But as your player progressed and after patches like 3v3. The one began to shape. There will be updates & patches for Live 19. Plus your player can only get up to a rating level of 73. How much better do you think your player should be. I wouldn’t want a 73 player rating to be able to do that much.

As far the concepts of Live 19 they’ve really went in. I can’t wait. You guys should practice with play now & 5v5 scrimmages. I have no complaints in that area. Plays are better. Movement is fluid. It feels realer. I’m excited.

And I preordered the game through Live 18 so I’ll get to play it on 9/5 vs 9/7. See y’all on the court.

I’m waiting to hear if there’s an Online Franchise. Please let their be one. And also just thought of something to add for Live 20. Starting a tournament or season with your players vs other players. All star games picked by commissioners. Playoffs, etc.

Live is back
  • I'm hoping they include alternate courts this year. It sucked to not see those awesome courts from Utah, Toronto, golden state etc in the game or in LUT
  • Feel the demo screen effect is not officially screenshots, the player's skin is not shiny, not sweating
  • Up and under layups should be missed or blocked more often, especially when playing good defense or multiple people are under the basket.
  • Live 19 dribbling shots are very stretchy and smooth. There are also a lot of shooting and dunking actions, but I still want to say, please enrich the post up action, and hope to add a lot of nba players dribble action.
  • dream shake can only once,it stop ball,post-up very terrible and boring
  • Matt_baby
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    So I just watched the trailer for MyPark 2K19 it’s terrible. I’m glad NBA Live is back
  • Clueminati
    329 posts Senior Moderator
    edited August 2018
    I'm disappointed that 2K decided to do Slam Ball and a battle royale for dodge ball which made me lower my expectations. I think there's going to be crazed micro-transactions unless they take the Fortnite route, and kudos on biting Live again on now doing Daily Challenges. I'm having mixed feelings as a consumer wanting to buy it, but I'm now on the cusp on just renting it on Red Box or just wait for the value to go down on Black Friday or Christmas. Which regardless I am fan of both products to succeed because I loved and played the sport, although I decided not to buy 2K18 last year where it was broken, and I only played it 3 times overall. It's like that Call of Duty feeling all over again how Treyarch is lowering my expectations alongside Ubisoft. Fan of Modern Warfare until they added zombies and now Black Ops? Highly expected Rainbow Six: The Siege and The Division to be great due to E3, but it was just like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, and Watching Dogs 2 on being a downgrade. This turned me away from those products.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • I personally haven't seen it online yet but there should be min and max weight for each height so we don't get 130 lb 6'10" dudes trying to exploit the system
  • Most of the players' dribble I feel very similar, there is no big difference, is the NBA player dribble almost the same?
  • Is it five archives? This is too little, so many icons, at least ten game archives can be ah.
  • Actually can't compete with friends on the custom stadium 1vs1, and play against friends nba.It’s too bad.
  • Individual players are not quite like, the head is a bit big
  • The server is unstable, playing with friends, sometimes it is dropped.
  • Clueminati
    329 posts Senior Moderator
    @T-TDioRspenG I notice the unstableness while watching a stream last night from a Game Changer. Now knowing what I will be expecting on the PlayStation 4 after watching it on a Xbox EA Access? I see where Live is going.

More things I am learning is that they took contracts out of LUT based on a tweet I have read from Live Society. Although, reading that Jason Williams ball handling is a 79 overall leaves a bad taste in my mouth where I grew up watching him and Randy Moss tear up the high school sports scene. Shooting is challenging, dribbling is challenging, and there is a serious grind to level up. You can not practice with your The One player in your created gym, and that needs to be addressed on what I heard last night.

PlayStation 4 demo to me is fun, and like I said I see where EA is heading at. I enjoy the key aspects and elements to the game. After seeing it on Xbox last night while playing the demo on PlayStation at the same. This may be the basketball game that I am looking forward to outside of both NBA 2K19 and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2. Once again, if I want my money's worth that addressed the whole loot crate situation? I'm looking at EA, and not crazily spending every dollar on a micro-transaction in My Neighborhood for a haircut.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • on reddit they are saying franchise is basically the same but they added trading block. someone simmed a full season CPU made no trades though. LUT seems largely unchanged. the big updates are the one, animations, dribble moves, my court, WNBA. those looking for hardcore franchise stick to 2k. everyone else, live 19 seems more than serviceable.
  • Clueminati wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that 2K decided to do Slam Ball and a battle royale for dodge ball which made me lower my expectations. I think there's going to be crazed micro-transactions unless they take the Fortnite route, and kudos on biting Live again on now doing Daily Challenges. I'm having mixed feelings as a consumer wanting to buy it, but I'm now on the cusp on just renting it on Red Box or just wait for the value to go down on Black Friday or Christmas. Which regardless I am fan of both products to succeed because I loved and played the sport, although I decided not to buy 2K18 last year where it was broken, and I only played it 3 times overall. It's like that Call of Duty feeling all over again how Treyarch is lowering my expectations alongside Ubisoft. Fan of Modern Warfare until they added zombies and now Black Ops? Highly expected Rainbow Six: The Siege and The Division to be great due to E3, but it was just like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, and Watching Dogs 2 on being a downgrade. This turned me away from those products.

I'm not going to even bother with prelude this year. last year I played the first scene until my player opened his mouth and it was over for me. it was nothing like I would say or act if i was in nba. they force you into some theme and shove it down your throat. you have to embrace the superstar mentality. with live it's all text messages so you never see or hear your character talking and acting. to me it's the difference between my favorite story as a book or movie. I prefer the book because I can decide how the characters look myself.

someone already show it costs so much VC ro improve your player to even be decent. 2k will double down on microtransactions like they have. its where they make the most. but now there is an alternative. no longer do you have to put up with 2k milking you. nba live 19 is here folks. cop it soon