EA Forums - Banner

NBA Live

Check out our latest EA SPORTS NBA LIVE update here.

Ask The Devs

Replies

• Request replay match instead of going back to menu if you lose in The Streets World Tour
  • Just watched a few videos with the updated patch.. I was just wondering where are the new shoes? (to many to name). And the new city jerseys? Are they going to be implemented in the game anytime soon? Thanks.
  • Gear doesn't matter if the game play sucks
  • Why can we not select to play Sg?
  • You gotta be kiddin me! That doesn't make any since! How can you not use updated rosters in a NBA season? So they expect you to use outdated rosters throughout your entire season? So you have to start your season over every time a new roster update drops? Am I in the wrong mode to play a full 82 game season with the latest rosters? If that's the case, there should be a regular season mode separate from the Franchise mode. Your only option to play a full season is on Franchise with outdated rosters?? 🤔
  • horsehead52
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    And why is it the only mode that gets current roster updates is Play Now? Who plays Play Now besides 10 year olds and casual novices. It seems like EA is trying to drive people away from the Franchise mode into the other modes. I'm hot as fish grease! 🔥 🔥 🔥 I can't play this game anymore.
  • Change the way you upgrade skills for your player. Have the system in NBA Live 16.. For those who don’t know the system, it’s similar to 2K’s VC. By doing this, we can let’s say have a slasher guard to be able to shoot 3’s, not have a horrible rating of 71, and also Backcourt shooters who can dunk well or Bigs who can dribble well too.
  • Please put in some kinda all star skills mode also when editing our players allow us to able to edit everything like name age etc like Madden !!
  • Can you do an online franchise with other online users ?
  • There's a huge BUG/GLITCH in FRANCHISE mode that needs to be fixed in the next patch. After every game in the TOP REPLAYS certain replays are recorded as duplicates of the same exact play. And I believe the duplicate play of the same play clock time is incorrectly adding extra points scored to the final game score, and the bug is possibly adding false scoring statistics to individual player total points scored after the game has concluded, this bug affects user and cpu FRANCHISE season game play.

As an example, after every game I view my Top Replays, and doing so I noticed that some Top Replays were duplicates of the same play, with the same exact time of the game. When I was certain that I only made 3 three pointers with a individual player, but when I checked my final player game stats at the end of the game it showed that I scored 4 three pointers with that player when I was certain that I only scored 3 three pointers. So I think the false duplicate Top Replay is adding extra points and statistics that the user or cpu didn't score as a result of the duplicate replay. The duplicate replay is doubling up points scored and other statistics performed by the user and cpu.

This bug/glitch needs to be patched ASAP in the next patch update, because it manipulates the final statistics of the game and the entire Franchise season as a whole producing false overall statistics for both user and cpu throughout a season.

• How to CREATE A SHIOTING GUARD???????
  • What's the point of playing "The One League" mode if it's not rewarding to the user? I think one of the big draws to making a created player is to FEEL like you're actually going through the trials and tribulations of an NBA player. Instead, what we are given is the cellphone of an NBA player... And that's even a stretch.
    1. Is it me or does the storyline kinda go M.I.A. after the first season?
    2. Again, we have a repeat of last year's antics with all the endorsement talk but no materialization.
    3. I won awards this year, a lot and guess what? There's no press conferences, no pictures, no REAL coverage of it. Why am I playing when there's not an in-game reward or scene to capsulate that event?
    4. I won the NBA CHAMPIONSHIP... No confetti, no Larry O'Brien Trophy, not even an on-court celebration. It was like the end of every other game I played that season. That was TRULY discouraging.
    5. Listen... 2k is making movies with their create a player mode and we are getting a golden turd. It may be golden but it's still a turd.
  • I really want to know when you plan to fix this issue with not being able to create a shooting guard in the one. I don't want to play point and I don't want to play small forward. So the two just doesn't exist???? It can't be that you don't have players to model after. Current James Harden, Devin Booker, Victor Oladipo, Donovan Mitchell, Klay Thompson. Past Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Mitch Richmond, Michael Redd, and that's just off the top of my head there are guys that you could model a straight 2 guard off of. There are also a few changes that need to be made to the slasher he needs to have at least a 70 in threes before all the add ons and a slasher should have either a better contested shot rating standard or his dunking ability should be standard. Other than that, I think you are well on your way to a better game than that which is presented by 2k. Oh one more small thing, you need to make alotment for the abnormal like a 6'7" point like Shaun Livingston or a 7'2" power Forward like Portzigus. But I love the game just don't want to have to play point to be a guard.
  • With my new Court Battle League happening in Feb, I really want to showcase the community for the all star games. Each week for 4 months will hope to get devs in there. Figured I hit this spot hoping they look, who want to network devs? Do it for the Live community. No pressure. LOL
  • Clueminati
    271 posts Senior Moderator
    edited January 15
    I really want to know when you plan to fix this issue with not being able to create a shooting guard in the one. I don't want to play point and I don't want to play small forward. So the two just doesn't exist???? It can't be that you don't have players to model after. Current James Harden, Devin Booker, Victor Oladipo, Donovan Mitchell, Klay Thompson. Past Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Mitch Richmond, Michael Redd, and that's just off the top of my head there are guys that you could model a straight 2 guard off of. There are also a few changes that need to be made to the slasher he needs to have at least a 70 in threes before all the add ons and a slasher should have either a better contested shot rating standard or his dunking ability should be standard. Other than that, I think you are well on your way to a better game than that which is presented by 2k. Oh one more small thing, you need to make alotment for the abnormal like a 6'7" point like Shaun Livingston or a 7'2" power Forward like Portzigus. But I love the game just don't want to have to play point to be a guard.

That's the problem I have pointed out that some of the players are not very likeable where Kenyon Martin looks like more of Jerome Williams, and there's the Baron Davis issue that I see also too. I am not going to point out the Jason Williams tattoo on his knuckles where it's inappropriate when it comes to EA. Names like Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar have a player license exclusive where they're used for 2K only. Other names like Michael Redd, Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, and some others are not giving out their player likeness and rights for the games to use. Only because they may not be under the NBPA to allow them to be in the game. As much as I want to see MJ; Kobe; and Jabbar in the game for EA outside of 2K. I feel EA needs to do proper scanning per player and former player that's under the NBPA, and that even means the former players that are in the BIG 3 like Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

As for the Shaun Livingston comment. I do agree that a player like Shaun Livingston started off as point guard before that almost career ending injury. Other notable tall point guards that we need to recognize like Ben Simmons and Isaac Bonga a rookie for the Los Angeles Lakers. We can add LaMelo Ball on the list which I have to admit if you overlook the antics of his father? The kid is more skillful than his brother Lonzo, and yet he's still growing so nobody knows how tall he's going to be which he's not the best player in the school for Spire Academy. There's two other players better than him if you look up a YouTube video of JxmyHighroller breaking down LaMelo Ball, and it is so spot on when he talks about him being a rare player as a freshman coming up through high school to now.
    Not the Usos, but yeah... Day 1 ish since 2005.
  • Dear EA Devs,

When will Nba Live 19 be added to the EA Access Vault because I've been playing sinice nba live 16 and I played the 10 hour trial and I can't wait to play Nba Live 19
  • mpgscat1
    4 posts New member
    When are we getting a patch to update team jersey for example Pacers new jersey sponsor. I like to play NBA simulation games not NBA fashion games
  • Shoes????
  • Is The Professor's Dribble Moves available to unlock yet?
  • Dear Devs, please change the shots back to what they were. The shooters and shooting wasn't the problem. The problem is the contest against the shot is not efficient enough (unless your CPU). Guys practice in shootaround to perfect their shot, only now to not be able to hit a shot consistently whether contested or not because you've TAKEN AWAY the rating and skill on players shots and made it by chance. In shoot around my shot is perfect when green is available on the meter, but after this last update in league games and live runs on the same shots I rarely get a meter with green on it (guarded or not), and that's with traits equipped. I've literally lost some interest in playing the game now. Fix it or risk losing a loyal 1st Gen-customer.