EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Automatic kick for bad Goalies

Goalies deliberately allowing their friends to score is nothing new., in fact it's pathetic.. I think Goalies should be automatically kicked for poor team play allowing goals while not even attempting to make a save. Or allowing 3 goals on 3 shots should be enough to get them out of the game.

Replies

• Sure and while we are at it, can we have auto kicks for bad forwards who cant score through 2 periods, go constantly offside, never pass the puck.

Autokicks for bad D who are always caught being the 4th forward, bever get back or trip from behind when they do, or are constantly hitting people who dont have the puck and getting penalties?

You cant always hang goals/losses on the goalie.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • gtrfdfvb wrote: »
    Goalies deliberately allowing their friends to score is nothing new., in fact it's pathetic.. I think Goalies should be automatically kicked for poor team play allowing goals while not even attempting to make a save. Or allowing 3 goals on 3 shots should be enough to get them out of the game.

Is this still even a thing? I honestly havent seen this since like 14 or 15?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • gtrfdfvb wrote: »

Perhaps you're putting too much blame on the goalies especially in drop-in games where your defense can often times be very suspect. 3 goals on 3 shots? What kind of shots are we talking about here, breakaways and cross crease/ice goals aren't really the goalie's fault.
  • should be auto kicking for poor defensemen.
  • auto kicking for forwards who refuse to backcheck further than the opponent's blueline...which has been a problem forever. Goalies and Defencemen are always blamed for allowing goals on five on two's or one's. That is what is needed
    "Tell me all about it Ted, every detail, dot every comma"- Tug Benson
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    auto kicking for forwards who refuse to backcheck further than the opponent's blueline...which has been a problem forever. Goalies and Defencemen are always blamed for allowing goals on five on two's or one's. That is what is needed

+1

As long as a goalie is trying I never blame them for goals. It's only when they're obviously being trolly like skating out of the net to allow an easy goal or constantly picking fights to put wingers in the box.

Virtually every position has bad players. If you're constantly getting scored on you might want to look at where YOU were at that time and what you were doing to help backcheck at the time. Fun fact: all the forwards crashing their own net is NOT helpful backchecking ;)

There is an autokick system for poor teamplay already which I don't think does enough but at least is something. I'd like to see goalie fights removed and autokicks for scoring on your own net more than once in a game but beyond that the game needs a lot more tutorials and training to teach people how to play positionally. I have found a lot of "bad" players simply had no idea what they were doing.
  • Kjelld81
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    should be auto kicking for poor defensemen.

I play nothing but goalie but I always get blamed for giving up a goal on 3on1 or 2on0 situations. D's always go way too deep on the offensive zone and eventually get burned. I doesn't help that forwards now have new faster shots. I get one move, they get infinite. The new, Screw your five hole, doesn't help.
  • Kjelld81 wrote: »
    should be auto kicking for poor defensemen.

I play nothing but goalie but I always get blamed for giving up a goal on 3on1 or 2on0 situations. D's always go way too deep on the offensive zone and eventually get burned. I doesn't help that forwards now have new faster shots. I get one move, they get infinite. The new, Screw your five hole, doesn't help.

People will always blame the goalie for their own stupidity. I haven't played a lot of drop ins but the ones I have people have zero idea on what they are doing. It's so much solo play and dumb plays that they turn it over on a regular basis and then blame the game and others playing it
  • Why don't they just make the matchs even?
    If 3 forwards are all stars. Why would ea servers make a goalie say with 30% wins play against them?