EA Forums - Banner

NHL18 Editions

Any news which Editions will be available for NHL18? So some Editions which contains free HUT Pack and so on..

Replies

• There will be the regular version, the expensive version, and the very expensive version. I dunno. Wait till the awards and we'll know more.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    There will be the regular version, the expensive version, and the very expensive version. I dunno. Wait till the awards and we'll know more.

We know the Standard edition will be $79.99 CAD. There will likely be a Gold Edition for $99.99 CAD and come with a few "additions" like gold packs for HUT. And there'll likely be an EXTREME Edition for $129.99 CAD that comes with even more HUT packs, special equipment/arena unlocks for EASHL.

Returning Player rewards will also likely ramp up with every edition.
  • Musrsee
    71 posts Member
    They're not free hut packs when you have to pay more ...
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    True... But when you get $39.99 value added content for $20.00 more, it's "kinda" free. :p
  • NuttySportsFan
    429 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    It's only worth the 40 bucks if you are lucky enough to end up with only NHL caliber players. But we all know those packs are intentionally juiced for popular youtube channels and twitch streamers.

Everyone else will get early access to that 58 Ovr CHL prospect you only know exists because they are friends of your family XD

But all kidding aside, if they actually gave legitimately exclusive added content for premium editions, at least i could see a reason for someone wanting to buy them.

It could be in-game equipment for your created pro, 2x XP in BAP the whole calendar year, access to exclusive stadium and player custimization options in EASHL. Or how about something you could enjoy in real life, like a poster featuring all the signatures of the players who make the season opening roster of your favorite team. Any of that would be an actual incentive to buy the more expensive editions imo.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, I really don't care about the extras. I don't play HUT (scrub mode) so the "hier" tier versions are not for me.

Right now, LG is the only thing that's making me want to buy this game. But before I put down $80 CAD (+ Tax) on NHL 18, which IMO, is a RIDICULOUSLY high price point for a game that's NEVER been AAA caliber, I'll put $5 on EA Access in August and try the game for 10 hours before I decide.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Yeah, I really don't care about the extras. I don't play HUT (scrub mode) so the "hier" tier versions are not for me.

Right now, LG is the only thing that's making me want to buy this game. But before I put down $80 CAD (+ Tax) on NHL 18, which IMO, is a RIDICULOUSLY high price point for a game that's NEVER been AAA caliber, I'll put $5 on EA Access in August and try the game for 10 hours before I decide.

Exactly. Not even close to AAA game. Should be ~$30 if people don't give a crap about their HUT money machine.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Exactly. Not even close to AAA game. Should be ~$30 if people don't give a crap about their HUT money machine.

You bring up a good point. I had suggested in the past that EA's NHL series go modular: NHL 18 (without HUT) for $39.99 would be a sweet price point. If you want to get HUT later, then you put down another $24.99 for the add-on. Or you can buy both in a bundle for $59.99 (standard edition - no extra packs).

I know it'll never happen, because reasons...

But still, I have to wonder how many more people would buy NHL bare-bones for that price?
  • kezz123
    600 posts Member
    These types of posts make me sick to my stomach. The HUT addicts who dont mind spending hundreds of dollars a year to buy virtual cards that will be trash after this year ends and the next "version" of the same game comes out.....i have no words.

I dont even find it worthwhile to support their pricing model considering you pay $80 a year for a patch....much less would I ever spend an extra dime on "packs" dear lord.

if you really have so much money to just light on fire....send it to me...Ill print it and send you a lighter for free.

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

You bring up a good point. I had suggested in the past that EA's NHL series go modular: NHL 18 (without HUT) for $39.99 would be a sweet price point. If you want to get HUT later, then you put down another $24.99 for the add-on. Or you can buy both in a bundle for $59.99 (standard edition - no extra packs).

I know it'll never happen, because reasons...

But still, I have to wonder how many more people would buy NHL bare-bones for that price?

Since HUT is the most popular mode now and is currently their only source of post-sale income I would imagine it would be the "base" game in that scenario.