EA Forums - Banner

Losing points in competitive season

I tried in this round to stay above the rank of 5000. So 2 days ago when I was ranked in the 4ks with 420 points I thought I would stop before I lost more points. When I checked yesterday my points had dropped to 410. I checked today and it is at 350.
Can anyone help with this. Maybe you do lose points if you don't play but I did not know this.
BTW I know it is pretty sad that I am trying to rank better than 5k.

Replies

• h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    No it isn't sad. I don't know anything about losing points for no reason maybe everyday you don't play you lose points? Idk
  • U lose points and rank by not playing. Every time someone wins, they move ahead of u. So therefore it drops u back and so on.
    Say ur at 1500 rank and u stoped playing with 2 days left, u'll drop to about 2500-2600.
    The way I calculated, it's approximately 500 rank point per day u don't play.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    U lose points and rank by not playing. Every time someone wins, they move ahead of u. So therefore it drops u back and so on.
    Say ur at 1500 rank and u stoped playing with 2 days left, u'll drop to about 2500-2600.
    The way I calculated, it's approximately 500 rank point per day u don't play.

OK. thank you, I didn't realize that. I guess I will have to try harder starting tomorrow.
  • No. I didn't play between Sunday night and Tuesday night and I went from 140 to 326. I think what you see is projected points, don't know how they calculate it tho
  • Oh, I think your right. It does say projected.
    EA must have more confidence in me than they should.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    verrette99 wrote: »
    No. I didn't play between Sunday night and Tuesday night and I went from 140 to 326. I think what you see is projected points, don't know how they calculate it tho

that's because only a limited group of people are jumping ahead of a "140 rank" where as even mediocre players can jump ahead of a "2500 rank"