EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 - Official Gameplay Trailer

Prev13456789
kapitanron
43 posts Member
edited June 2017

Replies

• That's all well and good, but the only thing that matters to myself and many others is whether the delay issues are fixed or not
  • i dont know man.....this trailer left me wanting more in the sense of content
  • barrett098
    428 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    What a joke this is. Goalies after 100+ page feedback is the exact same with the same horrible movements and animations. It's an embarrassment to even have NHL in their title since this is not real hockey, just call it Rammer Hockey 18. RIP all goalies...and **** you fanbois that gonna say game is not even out so cant judge. I can just tell from this trailer they haven't change a single thing to goalie animations or movements. Small dev team too though, not enough resources had to allocate resources to make more dangles and celly, and 3v3 arcade **** and more mascots. $79.99 please!!!!

PS: **** Ben too. This whole dev team is a joke and clueless and hope this is the last hockey game they make so some other company can come in and fill the market void.
  • meh kinda dull and uninformative to me.
  • so in the end they gave us some things we use to have, a roster update, and 3's for $60+. Guess I can skip another year
  • No GMC and they are praising 64 multiplayer options? Give me a break. But you can now score goals shooting from between the legs!

Hopefully Rammer gets fired as soon as possible.
  • Gschlez
    106 posts Member
    Rip goalies
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    You can't say they don't listen. This is all what a huge amount of people were asking for.

There of course will be bug fixes and tuning. Again, if they're listening, we should see some good updates. Since I spend more time playing this game than any other, the $60 is nothing.
  • That looks....BRUTAL....Hopefully the game pleasantly surprises but man it's not looking like something that's taking a step forward from last year. You can see that the skating is pretty much unchanged, I assume the lag is still going to be there...this might be the year I take a break but we'll see with the beta
  • Honestly with the last 3 releases being borderline embarrassing, then to come out with what looks like a lacking feature list to warrant a $70 price tag, the game had better handle a lot better to make up for it. If it's the same old delayed clunky mess we have now, they are gunna be in trouble. I can't imagine 4 years of bad releases, anyone giving it a 5th chance for 19
  • Hmmm.
  • This might be the most uninspiring list of features I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.
  • Rozsos27 wrote: »
    This might be the most uninspiring list of features I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.

Ya I mean, it's nothing we didn't already know. I thought when we were getting a "full reveal", that it was implying there was going to be something else lol.
  • For the 4th year on new consoles, i'll just say bluntly, the trailer I just saw is simply unacceptable.

Same 2 man celebrations, same goalie animations....

It's NHL 17/16 with new dekes/defensive skill stick....and the Vegas team.

4 years and they still can't get the game right.
  • Rozsos27 wrote: »
    This might be the most uninspiring list of features I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.

Ya I mean, it's nothing we didn't already know. I thought when we were getting a "full reveal", that it was implying there was going to be something else lol.

You called it in the other thread, I gotta hand it to you.

Amazing how the website for the game gives actual concrete information, and the trailer is...whatever that was supposed to be.
  • yankfanatic2101
    58 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I think this is one of their better trailers to date and I'm usually a harsh judge. We know there's a defensive skill stick, some fancy dekes, 3s mode, expansion, etc which was very cool to look at. In the end its just to capture interest until they can reveal more later on and even then the real stuff happens when we play the beta/game release.

I'm a goalie and I don't think there was a single save in the trailer. I'm assuming we'll hear some goalie things eventually.

Things that got my attention:
    • The between the legs pass 1T was sick as f---, and I'm a goalie. I wonder how easy this is to pull off in a game and if we'll be seeing 28934 of these in games lol.
    • So was Ho-Sangs toe drag change up shot, getting nightmares as goalie.
    • F--- that annoying spinning goalie animation (on the Ho-Sang shot). S--- rarely works.
    • Seeing a scuffle happen during 'Play like a gentleman' XD
    • Goalies did not make a single save. Throw us a bone EA!

None of this stuff will make me thing "OMG GREATEST GAME EVER!" It looks cool (as a trailer should) but in the end it all comes down to how the gameplay is when it's in our hands. I think the people who created the trailer did a good job showing what they needed to show, it shows enough new things on offense and defense to get people's attention. 3s and Expansion as well to cater to other modes.

P.S. I like my trailer idea combined with this XD
  • For the 4th year on new consoles, i'll just say bluntly, the trailer I just saw is simply unacceptable.

Bruh, you forget to mention the brand new "build a mascot" feature! Lollololol

Bruh, you forget to mention the brand new "build a mascot" feature! Lollololol

How could I forget!!? lol #shame
  • Disappointed that once again you guys left out Gm connected this will be 4 years now without it..Are you guys waiting too add it when you go over to the frost bite engine? It's been a requested feature for a longtime and you even had it in your surveys..