EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 Returning User Bonus

Prev13
MFin04
94 posts Member
About that time to start planning for 18. Will there be a returning user bonus? What was it this past year?

Replies

• ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    NHL 17 was difficult.. max packs was 10. it went off of coins (which I think is silly because you are basically requiring everyone to sell off their team), games played, and total items in collection.
    --- I had well over 1,000 games played, about 750K in bank (because I refused to sell off my entire team), and about 1500 items in collection.
    --- I only got 8 packs out of 10 max... I felt like I should have gotten the max amount, but whatever.

This year they specifically said "If you played a lot of HuT in NHL17 expect a lot of "incentives" in NHL 18"... they didn't specify anything else though.
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    My guess it will be similar to last year probably around
    1000 games played
    1000 cards in the collection
    1 000 000 pucks

Maybe a bonus for having x number of draft champions players

Makes me miss the old return bonus, 250 games, 250k and 500 players for a max bonus
  • I can't see cards in the collection as part of the returning bonus. Sets completed would have to be a big part of it.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    Frosties00 wrote: »
    I can't see cards in the collection as part of the returning bonus. Sets completed would have to be a big part of it.

agreed.
  • The real question is how many users will be returning!?
  • The real question is how many users will be returning!?

Will you?
  • Every year EA ay about RUB in the end of August. But in disclaimers NHL18 write (look screenshot)

T2jGB.jpg

jagpK.jpg
    Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone
  • Wow, cant wait to get my 3 jerseys... lol
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    verrette99 wrote: »
    Wow, cant wait to get my 3 jerseys... lol

no way, they better give packs too
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »

Gonna be disappointed if there are no packs. For the first time since NHL 15 im excited for HUT since they're bringing back couch co-op. I've been grinding games like a mother effer the last week to get my coins and GP up for a RUB since I have everything away.
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »

Can you honestly say that it wouldn't surprise you if ea changed it up this year and didn't give packs for rub? I wouldn't be surprised at all. They know everyone rips a buttload of packs at the beginning of the year.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    I would say disappointed, more than surprised... just seems silly to not reward RETURNING USERS
  • Im certainly not preordering until i know theres a pack related RUB.

I havent played this mess of a game since March. Opening the RUB packs and the first couple weeks of grinding is where I find value in the games purchase price.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    Im certainly not preordering until i know theres a pack related RUB.

I havent played this mess of a game since March. Opening the RUB packs and the first couple weeks of grinding is where I find value in the games purchase price.

i actually agree, building/grinding for a good team is where most of the fun comes from... I count on those RUB packs for content (even if I don't get a good pull) because I use every card I pull in the beginning.

I grind out the 5 contracts of all cards (88 and under) before selling them to stack coins. and I do this against the CPU as I get used to new game mechanics, etc... I don't even play online until I have a team of all 88s at the very least.
  • Opening the RUB packs and the first couple weeks of grinding is where I find value in the games purchase price.

Same. I'm hoping couch co-op with my son will keep me playing longer November this year but I agree, the first couple weeks of rub packs and grind make the purchase worth it.
    I would say disappointed, more than surprised... just seems silly to not reward RETURNING USERS

does the beer store give you a returning bonus?

i mean its nice but not a deal breaker for me.
    THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni

HUT has given RUB since NHL 12. It's not a deal breaker for me but it would turn some people off after spending hundreds of hours on last year's iteration to get nothing more than a jersey.

They do, provided you bring back your empties.
  • It says Lyoalty bonus and not returning user bonus, could easily add the returning user bonus plus the loyalty bonus. They usually dont release the returning user bonus until a few days before the release right?
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    It says Lyoalty bonus and not returning user bonus, could easily add the returning user bonus plus the loyalty bonus. They usually dont release the returning user bonus until a few days before the release right?

Yea, usually end of August