EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Is D1 that good or a joke?

What up people, so I have been back and forth between 1 and 2 all year, but the last few trips to D1 have been a joke, the teams are the same roster and absolutely non competitive. But its obviously one sided. I am a pretty decent player with D2 record either winning title or one or two short of it each trip down. But this D1 is insane, with riduculous shooting accuracy 6-7 golas on 10-12 shots, and every corner battle they come out with puck, and god like poke checks and ridculously fast everything, from skating to shooting to pokes to stick lifts. Oh yeah and it doesn't matter who you are they can't be knocked down either with the PUCk rag champions...Is it just me or is this happening to everyone.

Replies

• If they have good connection and star players with a lot team synergies, that will happen.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • I think d1 is pretty easy
  • D1 has always been a joke.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    D1 is cheese, who can exploit best
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    D1 is cheese, who can exploit best

Yea almost everyone I've played in div 1 is a cheeser, I find the best games are between div 3-4 less cheap crap, more players that aren't running around trying to exploit the game, abusing the holding the stick out invincibility bubble and circling looking for the same cross crease one timer. Div 1 is not fun, all I do is play stop the cheeser and wait for my chances to score, and wait for the rage quit and ensuing messages about how terrible I am.
  • I just played 3 games in D2 since moving down I'm 2-1 but all the games have been great games, just good playing realizing the one I lost was because I got over aggressive in the D zone, but the speed made sense and it was just an overall better experience and it feels this way all the time, which makes me wonder how in D2 my "fast" guys look fast and D1 my whole team is slower than anyone on the other team...
  • Its a pay to win type of game , the more money you put in the better team you will have (excluding the guys that work the market) . The better guys you have on your team the better the AI, most people not all abuse the AI in D1 , letting them do all the defensive work while sitting in the middle at center, but it isnt unbeatable (unless its one of those EA gift games). Point being if you wanna stay in D1 you gotta do what they do or find your own methods to counter there exploits, personally ive been in D1 the whole time never getting sent back to D2 and I have come up with many ways to beat exploits to the best of my ability . Defense is key and i know you cant do it all considering you have to control 5 guys at once so you have to rely on your AI sometimes but for the most part if you cant play D you wont make it. But mainly if your teams in the 88-90 range you wont make it in D1, gotta be atleast 91 and higher all around, but thats HUT pay to win
  • You know you can play against d2 guys when you are in d1 and vice versa
  • I played a D4 guy on Tuesday night. I've been in D1 for a long time now. Was not a fair game.
  • Have **** problem with div 1, feels like its more fun now with less exploiters but when I play top 100 its a bit tough, they do know how to exploit every single thing in the game, boring games but one must keep playing to learn how to stop them, and when I win won of those games the feeling is so good =)
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    Have **** problem with div 1, feels like its more fun now with less exploiters but when I play top 100 its a bit tough, they do know how to exploit every single thing in the game, boring games but one must keep playing to learn how to stop them, and when I win won of those games the feeling is so good =)

but did you really even win? or was the tilt in your favor?!?! :|
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Have **** problem with div 1, feels like its more fun now with less exploiters but when I play top 100 its a bit tough, they do know how to exploit every single thing in the game, boring games but one must keep playing to learn how to stop them, and when I win won of those games the feeling is so good =)

but did you really even win? or was the tilt in your favor?!?! :|

I really did win =9 of course sometimes I can see the tilt in my favour as it sometimes is in my opponents favour but I have seen less of it in Div 1 compared to comp season for some reason, most games play out fair and square with no lag issues.