Prev1
Just curious. Can't find a confirmation, sorry if I missed it

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Yes

Co-op Play in Offline Modes

"Whether you need a helping hand or just want to show off roster, you can now invite your friends to join you and help you progress in more modes, including Hockey Ultimate Team™, Online Vs. and EA SPORTS™ NHL® THREES."
  • Only offline?
  • Only offline?

Them new mouthguard dangles, doe.
  • For the modes listed above, you can play online co-op by sending game invites to friends, or by adding additional local controllers for couch play. In many cases you can do a combination of the two where I can be playing HUT with my brother next to me and a friend who's in the next city over.
  • For the modes listed above, you can play online co-op by sending game invites to friends, or by adding additional local controllers for couch play. In many cases you can do a combination of the two where I can be playing HUT with my brother next to me and a friend who's in the next city over.

just to be clear, does this include Franchise?

can you play online co-op on a friend's franchise?
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    Is it possible to play offline co-op in online vs?

just to be clear, does this include Franchise?

can you play online co-op on a friend's franchise?

Unfortunately not at the moment but perhaps sometime in the future. Our focus was getting as many of our online modes to be multiplayer co-op as our first priority.
  • bryta47 wrote: »

Offline co-op is Play Now, but if you mean "can I play against the CPU team with an invited friend in Online Versus," then yes, you can invite an online friend to play on your team against the CPU.

Offline co-op is Play Now, but if you mean "can I play against the CPU team with an invited friend in Online Versus," then yes, you can invite an online friend to play on your team against the CPU.

I tuink hes asking "is it possible that you and a couch friend play online VS"

I tuink hes asking "is it possible that you and a couch friend play online VS"

Yes, our goal was to allow you to play any way you want. In online versus you can add up to 3 couch friends to play in you Versus game as well as invite friends to play over the internet. We essentially allow Versus to become an OTP game by doing this.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    bryta47 wrote: »

that is super sweet.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Nm it was answered.
  • @NHL_ONL_Producer

Is it possible to play HUT CPU with a an online friend?

Yes, this means what was traditionally an "offline" mode, can be an online mode now, but the opponent would still be the CPU team in this case.
  • TrueLeader
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Can HUT be played online with 2 or more players co-op against another user? Or is it strictly co-op against CPU?
  • TrueLeader wrote: »
    Can HUT be played online with 2 or more players co-op against another user? Or is it strictly co-op against CPU?

You could play against other users cooperatively as well. HUT Play A Friend (now Play With Friends) allows you to play head to head against a friend, or a group of friends (12 players in the session total). Online seasons allow for co-op play as well (though it is defaulted to off, but you can change that).

Competitive Seasons intentionally does not support co-op right now.

You could play against other users cooperatively as well. HUT Play A Friend (now Play With Friends) allows you to play head to head against a friend, or a group of friends (12 players in the session total). Online seasons allow for co-op play as well (though it is defaulted to off, but you can change that).

Thanks for the info! So is it possible to matchup with someone who has 2 users against 1 solo user in an online scenario?
    TrueLeader wrote: »

Thanks for the info! So is it possible to matchup with someone who has 2 users against 1 solo user in an online scenario?

Yes it is. For HUT Seasons though, there is a matchmaking setting to match your team size (much like EASHL has a similar option). It defaults to exact match, so if you have 2 users, it will only match against another 2 users unless you change that default to Relaxed. This way if you only ever play 1v1 and want to only play 1v1 you still have the ability to do so. These settings are tunable though so if we find that a lot of people like co-op in HUT we can change this defaulted option.
  • @NHL_ONL_Producer if I invite a friend to play HUT against the CPU, are coins only awarded to the main account, both, or none at all?
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    @NHL_ONL_Producer if I invite a friend to play HUT against the CPU, are coins only awarded to the main account, both, or none at all?

great question.. currently, play a friend does not affect stats and you gain no coins
  • For modes that grant coins/rewards, you will continue to do so for the main account only. At the moment there isn't a way to share the rewards for the other accounts, but something we may look at in the future. When it comes to rewards we have to be sure that there aren't way to exploit the system so further investigation is needed.